It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's raining plastic: microscopic fibers fall from the sky in Rocky Mountains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I think what really did it for me was not too long ago they ran a news article here in Oz.

It showed a octopus that was hiding itself inside a massive collection of plastic straws!

I mean this octopus had like at least 100 plastic straws in its tentacles... a sea going porcupine with plastic quills...

It was a sick sight to see.... for me anyhow.

They then had a clean up the harbour day, and soon banned plastic straws, and now they have a plastic bag thing going on...

Although the right thing to do.. It seems to me to be a day late and a dollar short...

The oceans are SO trashed right now....and I didn't even mention Fukushima...which adds a whole nother dimension to the mess.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Plastic is the worst invention EVER in my opinion.
It's the most mass produced product, it's insane how much plastic is being used. I got way way more trash from plastic then anything else.

Not only you have wars because of oil but crazy environment issues as well because of a product from oil (plastics).

Perhaps people should send their plastic waste at our policy makers at their homes and bury their homes in plastic which wakes them up?

Vegans (but I guess everyone although almost impossible?) should ban using plastics when you look how much land and ocean life suffer & even our own health because of it as well...

In the movie idiocracy you see trash like big mountains everywhere in the future, our planet is becoming just that, TRASH!
edit on 16-8-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

I work in polymer processing for a large Australian corporation that processes in the inner western area of North Australia.

It's really not uncommon to find your car covered in thermoplastic fibers or composites at the end of a shift.

It's literally everywhere in the form of a microscopic white dust for kilometres.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join