It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia boasts of winning arms race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Russia on Tuesday claimed that it was winning the race to develop new, far-flying nuclear weapons despite a rocket explosion in the country that forced the government to temporarily evacuate a nearby village.

Moscow’s state nuclear agency Rosatom said the accident in northern Russia happened Thursday during a rocket test on a sea platform in the White Sea, killing five people and injuring three others from the Federal Nuclear Center in Sarov, according to multiple news outlets.

Russia pledged to keep developing new weapons despite the explosion and said Moscow is ahead of other nations in developing such arms.

The Hill

Where were you three years ago? Or two and a half years ago? Imagine yourself at home or in some common place or situation you would have been in a few years ago.

Now think about how America and the world was those two to three years ago. Can you imagine yourself saying that you wished we were in another cold war, a renewed nuclear race with Russia? Can you imagine yourself saying that?

"I wish Russia and we were still building nuclear missiles and competing in an arms race."

Say it out loud.

How about wishing we were in a trade war with the world's largest economy, China? And our farmers were losing and going bankrupt?

And that country's neighbor little minion is launching rockets and continuing his nuclear program and making us look like fools, because he feels enabled and emboldened currently, because we play down all his launches.

And we're selling weapons and supporting a war, and a regime that dismembers our own journalists.

Can you see yourself saying that you wish we had children behind barbed wire? Could anyone have foreseen that one or been ok with it before it happened?

Do you remember how much more peaceful, more rested and less anxious we were two years ago?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Do you remember how much more peaceful, more rested and less anxious we were two years ago?

so these things weren't going on two years ago?
or were we just not talking about them?
seriously

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

seriously

I welcome links. Post some links to these things prior to 3 years ago, and not during the last cold war.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Except these kinds of technology take years to develop, so it must not have been as peaceful as you thought... Below is a thread I did on their announcement from 2015.
Russia unviels new rocket plans.

So they were developing it well before 2015 if that's when they finally announced their ambition.

But I'm not too concerned with their rockets considering they just had some explode in their own country expelling "trace" amounts of radioactive material.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
russia also claimed no participation in the 2016 election scandal
you believe that too or just what suits your agenda?
If you think all this bad started with trump, I have some ocean front property I can sell you at a huge discount.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Russia's economy is the size of Italy. Get to the moon or operate a rover on Mars first then we can mildly entertain they got some skills.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Right so the Russians weren't still doing research and testing this whole time anyway. Just like we don't...and thats how one makes it to the leading edge of technology...lol

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So far they're winning...in the body count!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I welcome links. Post some links to these things prior to 3 years ago, and not during the last cold war.

Nuclear Weapons were being testing by NK and they were threatening to attack the US.

CNN

ISIS was cutting American soldiers and journalists heads off and the caliphate still existed.

Link

Chemical weapon attacks in Syria.

Link

Or how about Libya? That should get you started on going back and doing some research before Trump was president. Trust me everything wasn't all smiles and rainbows before Trump.

Lets not forget the cost of the wars Trump is trying to end.

The Congressional Research Service estimated in 2014 that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars (mainly the cost of operations) had cost the United States about $1.6 trillion from 2001 to 2014. Here’s the breakdown:

• $686 billion for Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan)
• $815 billion for Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn
• $27 billion for Operation Noble Eagle, enhancing security at military bases
• $81 billion for programs and activities not directly related to war operations

But those figures only include direct expenditures. More comprehensive analyses show trillions of dollars in additional spending. A recent Brown University study, for example, pinned the cost of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Syria at about $3.6 trillion from 2001 to 2016, using the $1.6 trillion operations costs as a baseline but also accounting for counterterrorism costs. Adding in money appropriated for war spending and on homeland security in 2017, the total reaches $4.79 trillion. This figure also includes future obligations for veterans medical and disability costs ($1 trillion through 2053) as well as interest on borrowing for wars.

Source

edit on 13-8-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Russia's economy is the size of Italy. Get to the moon or operate a rover on Mars first then we can mildly entertain they got some skills.

The Soviet Union were the first to land a probe on The Moon in 1966.

They have gone beyond that.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

They also crashed a probe into the Moon while the US had men walking on it. They were trying to collect a sample and return it to Earth before the Apollo 11 astronauts returned. Didn't work out for them.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: alldaylong

They also crashed a probe into the Moon while the US had men walking on it. They were trying to collect a sample and return it to Earth before the Apollo 11 astronauts returned. Didn't work out for them.

The point is The Soviet Union where the first to land a man made object on The Moon.

There technology at that time was ahead of The U.S. As it was when they put the first satellite and first human into orbit.

Don't underestimate The Russians.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Don't underestimate The Russians.

I don't underestimate them.
It would seem that they underestimated the US space program at the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The US of A won the moon race because the Soviets lacked the technology to make their rocket engines work together effectively. Their rockets had more power, but 'Merican rockets had better control systems...that is, if anybody really went to the Moon.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
there are no winners in such races.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Great, I expect an imminent Russian invasion and I will accept no less.

After all, what's left to do after winning an arms race?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: shooterbrody

seriously

Why exclude the "Cold War" ?
Because that would absolutely shoot down your thread , as that was way longer than 3 years ago ?
I am going to say "Cold War" years .
Why ?
Because I was there
Saw it up close and personal.

Now think about how America and the world was those two to three years ago. Can you imagine yourself saying that you wished we were in another cold war, a renewed nuclear race with Russia?

Did it ever end ?
That's the question.

How about wishing we were in a trade war with the world's largest economy, China? And our farmers were losing and going bankrupt?

US foodstuff is sold all over the world. Would be in more places as well , if they would grow more non-genetically altered crops.

And that country's neighbor little minion is launching rockets and continuing his nuclear program and making us look like fools, because he feels enabled and emboldened currently, because we play down all his launches.

Last I looked , NK was still a sovereign nation

Just a thinly veiled anti-US , anti-Trump thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Russia boasts of winning a lot of things from women to hockey. The only thing that is a lock is vodka.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Just a thinly veiled anti-US , anti-Trump thread.

Most accurate part of this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Russia's economy is still laundering off billions upon billions of USSR gold and money to other billionaires and nations. Just you wait, when Ukraine is over it'll all change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join