It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huawei founder plots 'invincible iron army' to battle the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This company is having a hard time everywhere it sets it's foot. Personally, i wouldn't want what they're selling for listed various reasons. But they are pushing quite hard with this and it's starting to cause people to take notice and ask more questions.

Huawei's billionaire founder has set out a three to five-year plan to build an "invincible iron army" that will protect it from ongoing sanctions from the US. The plan is in response to issues caused by Huawei's inclusion on the so-called "Entity List", which prevents American tech companies from trading with Huawei without the US government approval.

He has previously warned that the US underestimated Huawei, claiming that it had made "sound preparations" to avoid an extreme shortage of supplies during the threat of sanctions earlier this year. This latest statement comes after the Chinese smartphone maker unveiled an Android operating system to rival Google last week, called Harmony, which will act as a back up system if it is cut off from its US suppliers.

They've been warned by Trump Negotiators to fall in line with American policies regarding Huawei, and a deal breaker (brexit) if Huawei provides equipment for 5G mobile networks as told to British officials.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 13-8-2019 by TGunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

It's about time private companies start building their own armies. I'm tired of them just hiring our government funding militaries to do their dirty work. Let Google Invade Iran on their own!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Sounds like somebody has been taking Hellboy:The Golden Army movie just a tad bit too seriously! I wonder if he's going to make a 3 piece crown that allows the wearer to control said "invinsible" army as well?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He's ex military and he's known for using militaristic language and rhetoric.

His references here are not about a literal "iron army". They're metaphors for an aggressive business strategy. Likely referencing emerging markets and cornering new tech that the US will eventually have to lift restrictions to gain access to.

In other words, welcome to a world where India gets cutting edge tech before the US does. At least for awhile and in some cases.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yes, he is not speaking literally. Disappointed.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Sounds like somebody has been taking Hellboy:The Golden Army movie just a tad bit too seriously! I wonder if he's going to make a 3 piece crown that allows the wearer to control said "invinsible" army as well?

Yeah I know a bit much, this whole thing. The concern seems to be that China, who've been caught with their pants down for spying on US Tech co's will imbed spy wear into their Huawai technology and sell it to other Countries for personal gain.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

There is of course the prognosis that we are now undergoing a massive change back to complete oligarchical control of economies around the world. That change would be away from national governments to corporate states. Again of course one might say that the corporations already own all the governments of the world and use them for their bidding.

Governments might be little more than useful tools in the hands of the corporations serving as a red herring to draw pubic attention and dissatisfaction away from the emerging corporate world and deflect it towards government.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah I know a bit much, this whole thing. The concern seems to be that China, who've been caught with their pants down for spying on US Tech co's will imbed spy wear into their Huawai technology and sell it to other Countries for personal gain.

Opps, Imagine that. A nation or corporation using emerging tech to gain advantage over another either by using it itself or by selling it for a profit. Of course it probably wouldn't sell it if it was not already using it itself.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

He's ex military and he's known for using militaristic language and rhetoric.

His references here are not about a literal "iron army". They're metaphors for an aggressive business strategy. Likely referencing emerging markets and cornering new tech that the US will eventually have to lift restrictions to gain access to.

In other words, welcome to a world where India gets cutting edge tech before the US does. At least for awhile and in some cases.

Iron is a really soft metal compared to say, titanium.
I would have said I'm making a titanium army.
Or to be completely gratuitous maybe I'd make an "invincible diamond army"!

Yeah, his "aggressive business strategy" sounds soft and pliable.
This guy needs to hire me as a consultant.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't see what they are doing any different than every other tech company. When your phone, laptop and television are all randomly recording audio and video and your data is being tracked 24/7 (including your GPS location) does anyone honestly have any expectation of privacy any more? Even if all you use is old tech (supposedly pre-spyware, but who really knows?) cameras and satellites around cities all over the world are tracking your every move anyway. Every time you go somewhere, make any purchase or interact with anyone (because even if you don't have a smart phone they do) - Big Brother is watching you!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Honestly corporations have been controlling governments for decades. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive. I keep looking for the day when they are brazen enough to stop denying it and our political candidates wear patches all over their suits touting their corporate sponsorships like Nascar drivers do.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You, foreign company, will have to ask us (the gods of the americas) for permission to puke your guts out over our arrogant faces.

And permission for doing business.

But puke in our arrogant faces you may.
Because we are not better humans in any shape or form.

We are N'america:
Better arrogant sons of the beach and more godlike then you.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You won't get any arguement from me on that one Geaux. Rollerball is coming to a town near you. Enjoy

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
America just needs to nationalize our infrastructure once again, that would easily shut out foreign hostile corporations that are just arms of an enemy nation. China needs to back off before America does something crazy.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is in response to Trump keep Huawei blacklisted after the CCP not only halted Farm purchases, but devauled their currency.

This is really tit for tat and Trump is winning in that regard.

I'll take any indigenous chinese tech with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Use the right terminology then its called a Corporatocracy. Kinda like the vanderbilts, morgans, rockefellers enjoyed at the turn of the 20th century.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

They aren't. The difference is One is a Communist Country and the other is Home. Not saying there's a difference in what they're doing but when you dig down to the base of this, it should be an issue worth logically considering. And a lot of people don't like being spied on and infringed upon, If Technology furthers in their endeavers towards this end goal of world domination, we're all #'d, if not already.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Yeah,Corporatocracy, that's the word. A rose by any name, a turd by any label.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sounds like the start of the Armoured Core game series. Bernard and Felix Foundation (BFF), Eqbal, Global Armaments (GA), Leonemeccanica, Rayleonard, Rosenthal and now Hauwei all fighting for world domination with mechs

a reply to: PsychoEmperor

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Somebody tell this guy how Terminator ended...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join