It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cause of terrorism - An Article...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Finally your getting it ed maybe there is some hope for you yet...
If you could just dig a little deeper, read something about it... Look for some Noam Chomsky essays on the net. Actually develop some opinions of your own... Take it babysteps at a time if you need to...

You'd find that just about everyother country in the world hates America, infact America is probably the only country that likes America...

I see you missed my Alien sarcasm.....

No I have not been duped as you would think, you are eaten with conspiracy hogwash and it eats at you to the point of delusion.

As for America being the most hated, I have already said why......your comments are just fodder....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality.
Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."

-- Malcolm X

con·spir·a·cy:
"An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act."

---

I dont think I'm the one being bought up in a conspiracy, I say it was you who has been, the conspiracy that is your Governent (which is basically a tool for wallstreet)... Its your country that cant go for more than 14 months of peace at a time for some reason *cough* money *cough*...

Im not deluded at all... you are! Look at your avatar, how blindly patriotic is, look at all your opinions, how blindly patriotic they are... None of them are your own thoughts its the BS you get fed by politicians... Which is probably why there is little to no facts to prove them...

[edit on 13-3-2005 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Im not deluded at all... you are! Look at your avatar, how blindly patriotic is, look at all your opinions, how blindly patriotic they are... None of them are your own thoughts its the BS you get fed by politicians... Which is probably why there is little to no facts to prove them...

Well looking at yours I can see why you see it that way,
Marxism's cool huh?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

[edit on 13-3-2005 by ghostsoldier]

My lord does this smack of Irony

Look at YOUR avatar. How blindly anti-establishment are you? Look at your opinions...None of them are your own thoughts it's the BS you've been fed by rebels such as Che.

Get a clue man - you reak of exactly the same bias you are accusing him of, it's just from the other side!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

My lord does this smack of Irony

Look at YOUR avatar. How blindly anti-establishment are you? Look at your opinions...None of them are your own thoughts it's the BS you've been fed by rebels such as Che.

Get a clue man - you reak of exactly the same bias you are accusing him of, it's just from the other side!

At least I admit I am biased, and openly so..........but that is because I am right and he is not.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I read some of the original link that this post started from and found some interesting quotes:

"How do the Muslims deal with this? They don't deny the passages conflict. They say, "Where two passages conflict, the later one overwrites the earlier one." That is the consensus of the Islamic scholars. That's bad news for everyone. That means the authorities have said essentially, "The intolerant, jihad-oriented passages override the verses you hear quoted by the moderate Muslims in the media." Yes, the Koran says those things. They are quoting accurately, but those quotes are not valid when they are superseded by a later quote that nullifies them.

In the earlier passages, which Mohammed wrote while still in Mecca, you'll find words of tolerance and respect for Jews and Christians. Later passages are filled with hatred and vengeance on Jews and Christians. Now the Muslims themselves who are waging jihad against the West use those earlier passages to hide their intentions, to throw our population off their scent, to introduce confusion while secretly committing hate crimes, just as Mohammed did, against Jews especially and Christians secondarily."

So, as Mohammed grew more powerfull and tainted, all his writings superceeded anything from his more tolerant entries, and this is what is driving the violence today.

I for one, will at the very least start to read the Koran. I dont believe in God, but I have read the Bible because what it says effects people who in turn effect me. So why the heck havent I read thre Koran? I almost dont think I can afford NOT to read it in todays day and age.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well keep in mind that the Koran is not in any chronological order like the Bible is, that is important to realize.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF TERRORISM?

edsinger,

you are really naive if you attribute terrorism to religious causes. All wars have been about power. Religion/ideology is just an excuse.

Arab terrorism is the result of the power struggle between Arabs, Europeans, Americans and Russians for domination over the middle east oil. Religion has nothing to do with terrorism. Religion is actually the front window.

Here is how it works:

Arab leaders live a very rich life. They don't want democracy in their lands, and they use religion to oppress non-rich people. All the prohibited actions (drinking, sex, food, drugs, etc) for the common people are non-prohibited inside the Palaces of Arab leaders.

The west and Russians want the oil. They threaten the Arab nations to invade and install democracy. Arab leaders don't want that, so they give their oil to the Americans/Europeans/Russians, and in the same time, they use religion to turn their people against the USA.

Hitler's wars was also about power. The aryan race excuse was just an excuse. Hitler wanted to be the world's emperor...that's why he fought Jews, because Jews in Germany were pulling enough of the economic strings of Germany, and Hitler feared them of taking over Germany. Jewish people are just as 'aryan' in appearance as Germans, yet Jews were treated in a racist way as if they were blacks, or treated even worse than blacks.

So it's not about religion. And the Quran has been changed many times, in order to serve the purposes of the establishment at each point in time. For example, there is a verse that talks about the 'black gold' (i.e. oil) and how it is only enough for '50 years' 1912 or something...that was added in the 20th century. It's also like the Bible which has been altered many times, especially in the early years of Christianity. In fact, the Vatican is the most important example of religion being used as an excuse.

So let's not kid ourselves. And our religion (i.e. Christianity) is not more logical than Islam or other religions.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

At least I admit I am biased, and openly so..........but that is because I am right and he is not.

Of course you are! We conservatives are ALWAYS right

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Quote: "and they use Religion to oppress non-rich people."

Wow - now that sounds familiar - sounds like my "Home Land" the good old U.S. of A!

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

you are really naive if you attribute terrorism to religious causes. All wars have been about power. Religion/ideology is just an excuse.

SNIP

So let's not kid ourselves. And our religion (i.e. Christianity) is not more logical than Islam or other religions.

Well since I have to at least type something as to not get the mods on my back for a one word reply, I will not even at this point post a word.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden

"The 11 September attacks were not targeted at women and children. The real targets were America's icons of military and economic power."

Osama bin Laden, 8 Nov 01

Al Qaida - Quotes

Its funny how much the western media can turn something like "al Qaida" (a word created by the US) and turn them into the worlds biggest evil...

Originally posted by Noam Chomsky

Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it.

Noam Chomsky

[edit on 15-3-2005 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Here's a good Noam Chomsky quote for Ed,

"If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion."

or

"I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system."

or

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."

or

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."

Enjoy while you can...

[edit on 15/3/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

You get back what you give out, why else do you think so many people are anti-US?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."

Complete crap. But in retrospect, with the cold war in full swing we did some nasty stuff, no doubt.........I can not deny that. But what you say is a stretch, would you plug every major western leader into that same group? How about all the other nations? We all have things we are not proud of, but in the last 50 years, the world has become a much better place for most, not that the ends justify the means, but fact is fact.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...
You get back what you give out, why else do you think so many people are anti-US?

Well there is more to it than that, sure some have reason to hate us, some have reason to envy us, some have reason to love us. You can't please everyone. Today's hate is different though, it is a sustained effort to 'demonize' the US (some of it warranted) as the only Superpower left and it is a struggle to even the balance....

The American empire as you would like to believe does not exist. If it did we wouldn't have a budget deficit as we would be collecting far more tax revenue.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Complete crap. But in retrospect, with the cold war in full swing we did some nasty stuff, no doubt.........I can not deny that. But what you say is a stretch, would you plug every major western leader into that same group? How about all the other nations? We all have things we are not proud of, but in the last 50 years, the world has become a much better place for most, not that the ends justify the means, but fact is fact.

Well first off not my quote, so the stretch is not what I said.

You're right that Chomsky quote could probably be applied to almost any country. BUT 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Why do Americans alway point to other countries as if it makes it OK?
Hey! look, they did it so can we!

Anyway Ed we're talking about the U.S.A. here, not other countries.
Take the log out of thine eye etc...

You say the worlds become a better place for some. Now THAT is a stretch.
Unless by "some" you mean the rich, if so I'll give you that.
But for the majority of working class people (the worlds majority and backbone) it has far from got better.
Look for the forest Ed, it's out there.

www.harrybrowne.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You say the worlds become a better place for some. Now THAT is a stretch.
Unless by "some" you mean the rich, if so I'll give you that.
But for the majority of working class people (the worlds majority and backbone) it has far from got better.
Look for the forest Ed, it's out there.

Well for much of the world I stand by that assessment, people are living longer, they have more leisure time, they enjoy the benefits of technology etc etc etc,

If you believe it was better in 1940 or 1960 even then that is your opinion.

BTW, wars among the western powers have stopped, they are with the struggling third world for the most part...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Extremists who don't care that their family dies as a result of his sadistic actions that kill or maims other human beings!

Dallas

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Its funny how much the western media can turn something like "al Qaida" (a word created by the US) and turn them into the worlds biggest evil...

How is it anything BUT evil?

It's sole purpose is to kill every non muslim in the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Well for much of the world I stand by that assessment, people are living longer, they have more leisure time, they enjoy the benefits of technology etc etc etc,

If you believe it was better in 1940 or 1960 even then that is your opinion.

BTW, wars among the western powers have stopped, they are with the struggling third world for the most part...

More Bull# from ed...LOL

You do realise that most of those third world countries wars are because of the west both directly and indirectly?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

All over the world, disparities between rich and poor, even in the wealthiest of nations is rising sharply. Fewer people are becoming increasingly “successful” and wealthy while a disproportionately larger population are also becoming even poorer.

www.globalissues.org...

Oh say can you see, beyond the American border Ed?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join