It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPV vaccine efficiacy - the evidence texas vs australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Do you have proof that the HPV vaccin is effective? If not then it would be pretty stupid to expose your kids to such a vaccin and the real risk of side effects.
edit on 15-8-2019 by InfiniteTrinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I am not by any means anti-vaccine, but with some, I do question their necessity.

For example, how necessary is the flu vaccine every year? For some age groups and for people with certain conditions already present, it makes some sense, but overall, it isn't blanket protection to a high degree even for those people.

What about the chicken pox vaccine? For most children, it's a minor irritant of a disease only notable in its length. As you get older, it gets more difficult, and for adults, I can certainly see the shingles vaccine even though shingles won't kill, only make you wish you were dead. I watched my grandmother get that one twice.

And while HPV might prevent cancer, you only pick it up through risky behavior. If you don't intend to engage in that sort of behavior, why do you need it? Why make it mandatory as if you just assume every person will engage in said behavior? Shouldn't it be indicated for certain risk groups and not for the general population?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The question here is which is the more sensible thing to do, treat or prevent?

You can cure bunions pretty effectively by amputating your feet, but it's a little less life changing to wear better shoes.

HPV is a cause of far more cancers than just cervical, and having endured the very painful treatment for one of them and living with its after effects, I can assure you the vaccine is a far better option.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

The question here is which is the more sensible thing to do, treat or prevent?

That is not the question here. The question is if it is effective.

I can assure you the vaccine is a far better option.

It would be if it was effective. But you cant assure me that it is.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

And I see little solid evidence that the HPV vaccine is not effective other than the usual boo Big Pharma hysteria.

I also see a lot of people assuming that the HPV vaccine serves only to prevent cervical cancer. That is false.

If people had had the experience of HPV related cancer and its consequences, I guarantee their opinions on the subject would be very different.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Did you read the thread? I cant find any data that shows the vaccin is effective.

I can understand where you are coming from but that doesnt change the data.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah have a good weekend, mate!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Do you have a source for that?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't allow my children to get this vaccine as the risks were too great and too many stories of sterility and harm were coming out in the media. I actually told them that they could get it if they wished once they turned 18, but as it was a new vaccine and was causing irreparable harm to girls that the risk was just too great. My children are not guinea pigs. The tried and tested vaccines, no problem, but this one had a lot of problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pacific
I wouldn't allow my children to get this vaccine as the risks were too great and too many stories of sterility and harm were coming out in the media. I actually told them that they could get it if they wished once they turned 18, but as it was a new vaccine and was causing irreparable harm to girls that the risk was just too great. My children are not guinea pigs. The tried and tested vaccines, no problem, but this one had a lot of problems.

I wouldn’t allow it at first, I researched it for 6 months, and decided it was better to have it. The risks were low in percentage. I also asked my son how he felt about it. He chose to get it.

In today’s world, I want him to be as protected as possible. That was years ago; he never suffered any bad side effects Thank God!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Thank God!

How does that go with the placebo affect? Good this time. Have not heard of any male cases of HPV yet. Yeah it sucks to even have to consider this stuff. From what I can gather the immune system does get better after 3 years old. MMR vaccination is getting a bad reputation. My dad got the flu vaccination. died from cancer. I don't know. Will pass on any further vaccinations myself. If I have to be sick for an extra day or two I can live with that.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

How old was your son when you asked him? Was he at an age, biologically, when he has all reasoning capabilities and not still a child? I could not give my children a decision to make that affected their health while they were still children and didn't have the reasoning development in their brain that comes with age. People sell protection as an idea...but I have seen first hand people who have trouble with this vaccine. Like I said, if they decide as a legal adult to get it, not a problem. It's then their decision. They still got all the other vaccines in school, just not this one. They even got a few extras, like whooping cough boosters, which really didn't work. My children caught wild strains of whooping cough and we all ended up in hospital.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Almost every male in the US has or had HPV.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pacific

He was either 13 or 14. I just wanted his opinion, and we discussed this subject at length.

I would have/did make the decision.

I was very worried about it at first, but his Dr. (Who went to Harvard) advises that he recommended it. I trust his Dr.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join