It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how you sort a random bloke with a knife.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScepticScot
It is Australia...

People should just throw bullet ants on them.

Mate, one day us Aussies and our army of Eastern Browns, Taipans, Funnel Webs, Redbacks, Irukanji and Drop Bears will take over the world. Then, and only then, will you truly know the power of Oz.

edit on 13/8/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: Kryties

Facts are facts. Our gun laws prevented an even worse tragedy today. If you can DEFINITIVELY disprove that, be my guest.

Ok that would be impossible because you cannot prove a negative.
You cannot prove something isn't.
You can only prove something that is.

Here in the USA we have tons of restrictions and this guy probably wouldn't have gotten a gun legally here either. If he were in America he couldn't have just walked up and got a gun like everyone thinks.

Go read stories from gun shop dealers who turned people away and red flagged them in the computer system. If anyone even asks weird questions or acts shady in any way they copy their IDs down and then deny them sales, then call the cops to make a report on them and put their info into the computer so other dealers get the heads up.

So although in Australia you have far more restrictions, we do have plenty of them here too.
The media is misleading everyone about how "easy" it is to legally acquire most types of guns here in the USA. In fact felons are banned from getting guns for the most part, and tons of others have various court orders on them prohibiting them from even possessing a gun.

So just simply saying "oh in America he would have shot everyone!" is not true. He would have had to get that gun illegally off the black market or stole it from someone - which he could have done in Australia too. Yes it's true we have more guns so it'd be easier to steal or illegally buy a gun here but it's not really as different as they act like it is.

The reason we have more mass shootings here is because our culture is way more violent in general.
edit on 8/13/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I'll give you an example of reality in the USA and how restrictive it is.

I have never been convicted of a crime - ever. Not even a misdemeanor.
I have never been diagnosed with any type of mental illness at all. I'm considered a clean slate.

But I cannot legally purchase or even possess a firearm. Not even a shotgun or handgun.
Not in any state or territory in the US.

I didn't threaten anyone or anything like that at all.
I haven't done anything wrong.

It's a long story... lol
Just understand that even I, one of the safest and most rational people there is in this whole forsaken country, cannot legally possess a firearm.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It is Australia...

Leave them for the drop bears.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

It is Australia...

Leave them for the drop bears.

Us Aussies, and our army of Drop Bears, are coming.
There will be NO MERCY.
Expect us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join