It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Threatens Violence After Man Calls Him ‘Fredo’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Diaspar

So then, you support Red Flag laws.

By the way, doesn't the President have more important things to do than spend all day on Twitter commenting on a CNN anchor?

I think that may have been sarcasm on the part of Trump?

But, maybe he should be doing something else "more important." It's a fair argument although I feel calling out hypocrisy is pretty damn important nowadays with what we're seeing...

We can all decide whether to vote for him or not. Even the illegals.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

So then, you support Red Flag laws.

I didn't say either way...

Filthy language and a total loss of control. He shouldn’t be allowed to have any weapon.

I agree, it was and he shouldn't

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Trump specifically mentioned Red Flag laws. You agreed with him and just reiterated that someone who may be potentially violent should not be allowed to possess weapons.

What part of that doesn't express support of Red Flag laws?

Should the guy that bashed a kid's head into the ground for not taking his hat off during the Pledge of Allegiance also be denied his right to bear arms?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: muzzleflash

So you'll have no problem with teams of people with video cameras constantly harassing you trying to get a few seconds of you where they can twist it and make you into some sort of demon? You're totally OK with this?

I seriously doubt it.

There is no expectation of privacy in public. It is perfectly legal to video anyone in public or anyone that can be seen from public it is a first amendment right.

Threatening someone with bodily harm is illegal. A criminal threat can result in fines up yo $10,000, probation, prison, or jail.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sounds to me like Cuomo suffers from severe toxic masculinity.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

OK. So every time Trump is harassed in public is OK then. I expect to hear absolutely no whinging whatsoever by ANYONE about Trump being harassed by the media or people. To do otherwise would be hypocrisy, would it not?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Should the guy that bashed a kid's head into the ground for not taking his hat off during the Pledge of Allegiance also be denied his right to bear arms?

Yeah, and the guy was already denied his 2nd.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

OK. So every time Trump is harassed in public is OK then. I expect to hear absolutely no whinging whatsoever by ANYONE about Trump being harassed by the media or people. To do otherwise would be hypocrisy, would it not?

What part do you not understand?

Nowhere did I say people can't "whine" as you put it. I said it is illegal to threaten bodily harm. Do you understand the difference?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Harassment is a crime.

I think you meant to ask, "Is it ok anyone calls Trump a stupid name?"

Yes. It is. Why would you think otherwise?

ETA: I should also say political protest is a right and very broadly interpreted. So Trump can actually be held to an even higher standard as a political figure than Fredo as a "personality."

I'm sure someone was going to call me on that.
edit on 13/8/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Harassment is a crime.

A crime is it?

Then why aren't those people harassing Cuomo being arrested? Why are you lot defending them?

Or is it only a crime when its done to Trump?

edit on 13/8/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

Does that apply to Trump as well when, at one of his rallies, he told his sycophants to attack a heckler?

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you really want to insult an Italian you don't insult them personally, you insult their relatives, preferably the dead ones.

You are always so full of useful information!
Thanks for that.
I am surprised chris did not go into politics, at least not in the traditional sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Another great thing about President Trump. He's aware of what's happening, both big and small.

Donald Trump this morning: "I thought Chris was Fredo also!"

www.foxnews.com...

Joe Biden: "Fredo? Yeah..I love those chips."

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Harassment is a crime.

A crime is it?

Then why aren't those people harassing Cuomo being arrested? Why are you lot defending them?

Seriously?

Because calling someone a stupid name in public doesn't meet ANY of the elements of the crime of harassment.

It's also MOST DEFINITELY protected speech as Fredo is a public figure and "Fredo," in no way whatsoever rises to the level of "fighting words" as defined by statute and common law even if Fredo was a private citizen/individual.

link   
a reply to: Kryties

Nope, they can harass the president in public like they already do. Trump can whine about it all he wants and throw insults back, just like Fredo can. The difference is Fredo threatened with violence, it wasn't just an insult which is the difference.

link   
Basically, you are not allowed to freely express yourself when in the vicinity of a leftist douche-Fredo.

But if you ARE a leftist douche-Fredo, then you can harass and verbally abuse anyone you want.

Leftist Logic 101

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Does that apply to Trump as well when, at one of his rallies, he told his sycophants to attack a heckler?

It depends. What were his exact words?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm sorry. I couldn't understand what you just said. You have a tiny, orange, sausage in your mouth.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: Kryties

Nope, they can harass the president in public like they already do. Trump can whine about it all he wants and throw insults back, just like Fredo can. The difference is Fredo threatened with violence, it wasn't just an insult which is the difference.

Trump also threatened violence at his rallies. words like "punch him in the face" etc etc. Why is that not being mentioned?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Trump specifically mentioned Red Flag laws. You agreed with him and just reiterated that someone who may be potentially violent should not be allowed to possess weapons.

What part of that doesn't express support of Red Flag laws?

should the guy that bashed a kid's head into the ground for not taking his hat off during the Pledge of Allegiance also be denied his right to bear arms?

Short answer, yes, Yes he should be denied in my humble opinion

I am in the middle on the red flag laws, but the example you put forth to make your point definitely falls into the "Yes take that dudes guns category" for me.

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join