It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Threatens Violence After Man Calls Him ‘Fredo’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I would have expected that even the thin-skinned Cuomo would have shown a little more restraint and said "my name is not Fredo, it is Chris. Certain pundits try to antagonize me with 'Fredo' but we anchors are above name calling. Be sure to vote Democrat in the next election."
Unfortunately, Chris is from pugnacious NYC and every slight must be challenged. It must have to do with the crowded living conditions. Bevi più vino, stai calmo e goditi la vita.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Okay. As someone who is 100% Italian I can tell you that calling someone 'Fredo' is not an ethnic slur, it's not even a common insult in the Italian community. It implies you're the idiot brother of the family based on the character from the film.

If you really want to insult an Italian you don't insult them personally, you insult their relatives, preferably the dead ones.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I wonder how Jake Tapper and Ana Navarro feel about effectively being called racists by the CNN spokesperson. I would be pretty pissed that they put me in that position while trying to defend a violent thug like Fredo.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: muzzleflash

How very convenient.

Are you going to have a go at the harassers also? Or continue to make excuses for their obvious and deliberate harrassment?

It works both ways you know.

Balls in your court.

Huh?

I (and all Americans) are free to say anything we want (short of "fighting words") to anyone else in public.

If you want to go to the point of my being able to beat the sh*t out of you for SAYING something I don't agree with, I'm ready.

I don't think you want to get to that point.

I don't.
edit on 13/8/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I wonder how Jake Tapper and Ana Navarro feel about effectively being called racists by the CNN spokesperson. I would be pretty pissed that they put me in that position while trying to defend a violent thug like Fredo.

Lesson for the left: This is what happens when you lie constantly about what's racism and what isn't. It becomes really hard to keep your lies straight and consistent. Now Jake Tapper and Ana Navarro are racists and have to be fired. Or CNN just lied. Pick one.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

How very convenient.

Are you going to have a go at the harassers also? Or continue to make excuses for their obvious and deliberate harrassment?

It works both ways you know.

Balls in your court.

I didn't make any excuses for them. I said repeatedly that threatening to kill someone for calling you names is unacceptable.

It doesn't work both ways. Calling someone a dumb name is just dumb and childish.
Threatening to kill someone over nothing is insane and criminal.
Huge difference actually.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So you'll have no problem with teams of people with video cameras constantly harassing you trying to get a few seconds of you where they can twist it and make you into some sort of demon? You're totally OK with this?

I seriously doubt it.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: xuenchen

Can't wait for Trump to call him Fredo, lol

You called it...

...and here you go....

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So you'll have no problem with teams of people with video cameras constantly harassing you trying to get a few seconds of you where they can twist it and make you into some sort of demon? You're totally OK with this?

I seriously doubt it.

I think you just described what the MSM calls journalism today...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I seriously doubt it.

Sure I'm OK with that. All the famous people deal with it on a daily basis.
The trick is to turn that publicity into $$$ and promote worthwhile causes.

I'd pitch my favorite charities, offer words of insight and wisdom, tell em to read my threads, etc.

I'd LOVE the paparazzi hounding me down everywhere, even if they said horrible stuff. I would turn it into a stepping stone towards something better for all of us.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

“The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.” — Oscar Wilde.

I think this sums things up nicely.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I seriously doubt it.

I'd pitch my favorite charities, offer words of insight and wisdom, tell em to read my threads, etc.

I'd LOVE the paparazzi hounding me down everywhere, even if they said horrible stuff. I would turn it into a stepping stone towards something better for all of us.

Easy to say, doubtful you'd feel that way in reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

“The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.” — Oscar Wilde.

I think this sums things up nicely.

"I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right"

P.T. Barnum

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just to be clear. . .

Attacking random people wearing MAGA hats in restaurants is free speech and should be protected.

Calling a CNN personality "Fredo" in public is a crime punishable by death.

Do I have that right?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I seriously doubt it.

Easy to say, doubtful you'd feel that way in reality.

I'm not your average idiot.
I'm an ambitious idiot.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just to be clear. . .

Attacking random people wearing MAGA hats in restaurants is free speech and should be protected.

Calling a CNN personality "Fredo" in public is a crime punishable by death.

Do I have that right?

That pretty much sums it up. Wasn't it maxipad waters that said Trump supporters should be chased out of restaurants or something to that effect?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well, It's a good point...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I seriously doubt it.

You seem to be missing the point of law (I think you're willfully ignoring it, actually) wherein someone who puts their person out in the public arena has, by that very action, a higher legal standard in proving or responding to provocation than joe schmo does who hasn't decided to put himself out there.

Fredo made himself a public figure. Deal with it, little Fredo, or get in the boat.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
On a more serious note, is there any doubt things are getting worse?

I can't tell you the number of unhinged tweets I'm seeing from people defending Cuomo's reaction.

I'm telling you, this country is getting closer to the flashpoint each day.

Cuomo's reaction is unsettling and he just became the TDS poster child. Someone called him a name.

In an time when well known conservatives are being routinely harassed and driven out of public places with friends and family in tow, you'd think he'd understand being called a name would be the least he could expect.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

So then, you support Red Flag laws.

By the way, doesn't the President have more important things to do than spend all day on Twitter commenting on a CNN anchor?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join