It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you allow the person who killed your child to walk free???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So I have been on a true crime kick lately and have noticed something I find interesting...

There are an incredible amount of cases where it is pretty obvious who did it, but the PD or DA is worried the case will fail and they will find a smoking gun later.. but then double jeopardy would make that smoking gun useless... so they never try the case.

Well I just have a couple observations about this...

A) they sure don’t worry about that kinda risk with traffic or drug offenses lol..

Any BS evidence they have and it is full steam ahead...

B) and most importantly and the reason for the post...

It is shocking how few family members take the law into their own hands..

Sure there are mitigating circumstances...

For example I only have one child... so if someone killed that one child... well I wouldn’t have any reason at all not to trade my life for theirs...

If it were my child, and there was a 70+% chance you killed my daughter, and it was obvious you knew what happened...

I’m killing them for sure... on camera if that’s what it takes...

I have probably seen a dozen or so similar cases so far and every time I see one I think “no way I let it go...”

Like I said, I only have one child, and though I can say I can imagine having to stay free to be there for my other children, but I don’t think I could...

Maybe I wait till the youngest gets Married... I guess... but even thinking about it now... I don’t think I last a week knowing who did it and they live right over there...

edit on 12-8-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And if you've got three kids?
What then?
You forsake the other two to a life of welfare while their father rots in prison?

I hate the system too, but taking the law into your own hands is never safe- you've got to be careful not to get caught.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

70% is all it takes for you?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm not in the legal and illegal business. I’m more of a right and wrong kind of guy. There’s a better than even chance I’d look the killer in the eye.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In the hood, people regularly take matters in their own hands. They know who did it. However, the street code forbids talking to the police. This is why gang violence is never ending. You kill one of my homies, I kill one of yours. It just feeds on itself.

In fact, often times the streets openly know who did what. All the cops can do is just sit by and watch without legal evidence. You literally have videos on youtube pointing out who the "top killers" are of XYZ gang and what bodies they are claiming.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Would you allow the person who killed your child to walk free???

Until I caught up with them.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't say a thing. You never know, they might just commit suicide

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

70% is all it takes for you?

So what would be good for you?? 20%?? Just curious how certain you'd have to be to take a life, especially since the smaller the percentage then the greater chance you'd have the wrong person.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's all theoretical until it happens. It's easy to talk big on the Interwebs.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm not even sure what I would do other than rent a wood chipper and feed the fish in the nearby river. Run the chipper through a car wash and return it on time to get the deposit back. Other than that I haven't given it much thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

it depends a lot if it was murder an accident or how it happened and so forth but typically the answer is no.

If the law didn't do its job and give me Justice I don't think I would be able to hold back but then again I don't have kids so I may never know.

Again how it happened with play a big role.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
So I have been on a true crime kick lately and have noticed something I find interesting...

There are an incredible amount of cases where it is pretty obvious who did it, but the PD or DA is worried the case will fail and they will find a smoking gun later.. but then double jeopardy would make that smoking gun useless... so they never try the case.

Well I just have a couple observations about this...

A) they sure don’t worry about that kinda risk with traffic or drug offenses lol..

Any BS evidence they have and it is full steam ahead...

B) and most importantly and the reason for the post...

It is shocking how few family members take the law into their own hands..

Sure there are mitigating circumstances...

For example I only have one child... so if someone killed that one child... well I wouldn’t have any reason at all not to trade my life for theirs...

If it were my child, and there was a 70+% chance you killed my daughter, and it was obvious you knew what happened...

I’m killing them for sure... on camera if that’s what it takes...

I have probably seen a dozen or so similar cases so far and every time I see one I think “no way I let it go...”

Like I said, I only have one child, and though I can say I can imagine having to stay free to be there for my other children, but I don’t think I could...

Maybe I wait till the youngest gets Married... I guess... but even thinking about it now... I don’t think I last a week knowing who did it and they live right over there...

Well then... that makes YOU the perfect patsy for a frame up of someone that a person in a position of power wants taken off the board, doesn't it?

You would be STUNNED at how broken the Crim Justice system is behind the scenes.

If you were 90% sure, odds are damn good you would slay an innocent person.

As the saying goes... "There's a God, an I ain't it!"

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's all theoretical until it happens. It's easy to talk big on the Interwebs.

pfft.

That's because you don't have mad ninja kills and would hi-karate them for street justice!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I'm not even sure what I would do other than rent a wood chipper and feed the fish in the nearby river. Run the chipper through a car wash and return it on time to get the deposit back. Other than that I haven't given it much thought.

I already have one

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You never hear of this happening, maybe because most killers are either unknown or safe in jail, or probably because life isn't an action movie and grieving parents are too depressed to be competent vigilantes.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Death is getting off too easy. I think life in prison is a much better punishment. This way they can suffer through old age and have lots of time to think about cement walls.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid"

The time would come.

But if it was an accident, that would change things.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Plotus because: sorrows

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have a simple answer, NO. If someone killed my kid, they would be safer in jail.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I already have one

I already have one too. But I would never use it for grinding up a person, it would just clog up. It is bad enough unclogging a branch stuck in it.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Most people after a loss like that don't feel that more death will help. All you can imagine from the outside is anger and 1/1000000th the sorrow that would be present.

<<   2 >>

join