It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling alone is a psychological disorder.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Feeling alone is a psychological disorder, or isn't it?
Or maybe a psychological order?

I'm not saying pills will help.

Can't we all be a healer?

I'm trying to be more of a man as I find myself on the floor of this castle.

Sorry for the short thread post. It's something I just realized. Feeling alone is a serious issue. What can be done?
Can everybody heal someone feeling alone? We all must grow out of this feeling of being alone together.

Am I the only one?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

What is worse, someone that doesn't like being alone or someone that does?
Maybe that is the question.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I got a cat staring me down, she wants to go sleep on my chest and complain about me typing.

I wish I was alone right now, her eyes burn into my soul.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Someone who likes being alone doesn't feel alone, not?

We all must do things on our own though.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I had one very important phrase past down to me from my grandma:

“It’s better to be alone, than in bad company”.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Loneliness is terrible, it is worse when you lose someone whom you love and rely upon such as your parent whom you have looked after - or more accurately despite there age whom you always felt looked after you.

From experience.

Overnight you lose your balance and even may want to go wherever they have gone but knowing they would never want that you persevere, this pain never goes away, never diminishes and no you do not get stronger but you find other reason's to live as your book remember is not yet written, these other reasons never replace the one's you have lost whatever they were but they are there, and have you lost or just cut yourself off - if so get out there join a club, go to a sport's center, go to a church perhaps or whatever faith you may be.

Loneliness can be worse if you are shy, isolated in some way but there are those out there that crave it despite the fact it can lead a sane man to talking to himself just to break the silence of his home.

A pet, a cat or a dog or whatever you feel best with is often the best company to break that.

But still sorrow will never pass though you may still find joy in time's and if you are HERE on this world with the rest of us you are here for a reason even when it seem's there is non that is just because that reason has not yet shown itself to you.

Someone out there is far more lonely than you.

Strength and remember this no matter how alone you may find yourself how those wall's may seem to close in and cut you off, how scared you may become of venturing into the outside world, even of people as cabin fever begin's to bite just remember you are NEVER Alone.

Other's know or have known your pain, perhaps it is just a part of growing up, a part of adulthood and a part of old age, it is that little child we used to be AND at some level still are wanting our mom back or the lover missing the one they loved and unable to accept that the world changes and time wait's for no man, we have to move along with the change or it will sweep us along with it, try to learn to swim in those currents of change as they draw us along with them and fight for that breath of life, fight and never let the light die, keep the best of our self, the love the memory of happy, even a memory is worth living for because only we can remember it.

You are never along but grief is the greatest loneliness of all far worse than just being alone, you can fix that but grief is a wound that may never heal until we see those we have lost again.

God keep you safe and grant you guidance.

Also like you say a psychological disorder, Depression as well as some other forms of mental illness often begin with loneliness, even a sane person can so fall foul of mental health issues as a result of loneliness, but you know something - some of the greatest genius in human history were extremely lonely or felt isolated from the rest of humanity in some way.
So it can also be a sign of great intellect?.

edit on 12-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hmm there is the distinction of being physically alone and not having a support network.

Feeling that you do not have that support network when in fact you do may well be a psychological disorder. Humans are social, pack animals so for the most part we depend on the feeling of inclusion within that social structure.

As for being physically alone. Everything in equilibrium. At current I am not alone enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You better buy you a dog!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've dealt with a great deal of loneliness, I'm a very introverted person! Sometimes I have felt the most alone when I am surrounded by People! There is a lesson there on the quality of the people you surround yourself with. Shallow friendships and relationships, meaningless interaction for the sake of it, none of that is a cure for loneliness, but that's what most of us do.

Having said that ..

I believe it's how you perceive it that is the key to how it affects you on an emotional level.
There is nothing wrong with being alone or liking to be alone, but if it is having an emotional affect on you then you need to look a little deeper. You're in control of your thoughts and perception, and that is where the feeling of loneliness comes from. Ask yourself why you feel that way? what is the impact and how can you look at it from a positive angle? then what can you work towards and change to help yourself?

edit on VpmMonday32pm831 by valiant because: Pumpkinhead

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I had one very important phrase past down to me from my grandma:

“It’s better to be alone, than in bad company”.

Is this what you're getting-aT?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It’s a choice, loneliness
There are so many things for single people to do

Join a meetup site, go dancing or learn to, play a sport, learn something at school

Filling up time,wish I had more

To many people don’t push their boundaries and choose insulation

It’s not the feeling alone, it’s insecurities of not exploring
edit on 12-8-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Good point's but I would disagree it is not always a choice, a person's temperament and nature play a huge role, introverts find the little things you suggest incredibly difficult, meeting new people can be like scaling a mountain on there knees to them as fear irrational as it may seem to an extrovert cripples them feeding self doubt and a self inflicted sense of inferiority that all to many extrovert's are willing to take advantage of.
You will often find shy people are the one's - not always but quite a lot of the time - that hold the door open for the stranger, give up there seat for someone pregnant - perhaps because then they don't have to sit by other strangers and that they are more inclined to cling to family and long term friend's that they have known all there lives.

While extroverts as you know will be the first to ask that lady if she want's to dance, to race for that job, to step into the unknown.

In some way's it is about confidence and in others it is simply a persons nature and how can they remain true to themselves if they have to change whom they are by ACTING while inwardly they hide behind the façade as so very many do.

BUT if they take your advice which is about the best here - then they can overcome there fear, there trepidation and gain confidence but we are talking about only a few types of lonely here and there are many others.
edit on 12-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

A picture of a clown on your avatar is sure give away!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hi OOB.
Can't figure-out if you are feeling alone, or wanting to help someone whom feels alone.
If it's you: please feel free to PM me.

Otherwise: please excuse the humour, as personally love being alone.

This song was just posted today, and was listed as having "No views" LoL!

Face mites: you're never alone:

Hundreds of thoud=sands of living things on all of our faces. You're never truly alone:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

As an introvert, no, you can't just go do those things. Even if I do go and do those things, I still don't fit with the people. I'm not comfortable with them, and I don't belong.

I'm alone then in the group and it feels worse because it calls real attention to what I was trying to find by coming in the first place.

So I stay away and read books or something. The characters are better company.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well said!

The loneliest people are those who have had their whole life teach them not to trust others.

The cheery people who know all the answers have no idea what they are talking about. "It works for me so it should work for you ... oh it doesn't ... well ... you must be nuts."

P

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't think isolation for any length of time is healthy. No doubt everyone is on a scale but we need human contact and I think being alone or isolation is often a symptom of something else. I know there is help out there, my best advice is baby steps. Just taking small steps in the direction you want to go can make all the difference. All those small steps add up after a while.

I need to find a way to bring people into my life. I need to start taking those small steps myself. I stopped my isolation with small steps but have not concurred the having people in my life thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard
I don't think isolation for any length of time is healthy. No doubt everyone is on a scale but we need human contact and I think being alone or isolation is often a symptom of something else. I know there is help out there, my best advice is baby steps. Just taking small steps in the direction you want to go can make all the difference. All those small steps add up after a while.

I need to find a way to bring people into my life. I need to start taking those small steps myself. I stopped my isolation with small steps but have not concurred the having people in my life thing.

Amen brother.

I can feel your pain, in your post.

I too, am on the same path as you.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm happy to be walking with you KKLOCO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join