It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have a thing.
I pick up pennies.
I have a hawk's eye for them.
Find them in some interesting places.
"How did that penny get in my bra?"
I saved up a quart jar full of found pennies, dumped them into a coinstar and got $6.66.
Got me a couple malt-lickies and cheap cigar.
Life is good.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always pick them up.
The weirdest spot I've found them lately, was in our pole barn. Where the old owner, some 23 years ago, had a horse stall. No Idea where they came from, but they had to have been there a long time, as some of them were very corroded. We have lots of clay in our soil.

There were over 50.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Does it make a difference if they are heads up or tails up? It seems like there was an old saying of heads up pick it up tails up let the lay or something like that.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I always pick them up.
The weirdest spot I've found them lately, was in our pole barn. Where the old owner, some 23 years ago, had a horse stall. No Idea where they came from, but they had to have been there a long time, as some of them were very corroded. We have lots of clay in our soil.

There were over 50.

I have heard this.
I do believe in "Luck."
Not good or bad.
It is an utterly impersonal force.
One penny is one cent closer to me being rich.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Not to one up, because I hate people that do that, but I thought this is fitting.

I don't often find coins, but I have found two gold necklaces with crosses, and one necklace with a Catholic prayer charm.
Maybe someone is trying to tell me something.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I use them for wrist rocket ammo against rodents in my yard... Except rabbits. I feed them, and they're comfortable coming within a meter of me. I love my little cove of rabbits.

ETA: I love checking pennies for rarities. I've combed over thousands and have never found one....

edit on 12-8-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I pick up pennies if the face is not worn off them. Lately I've seen more with the face worn completely off to where they aren't discernable as a penny.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's all fine and dandy till you find yourself lugging 50 bucks worth of pennies to that darn coin star machine. Ugh...

ETA: Got Myself Some Fresh Kicks... Damn I'm Handsome.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Find a penny and pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck,

Find a penny and leave it lay, all day long you'll have dismay

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"Penny for your thoughts."

Whenever I find a penny on the ground I always think of something original before picking it up.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I walked from my super-secret hidden camp in the bamboo forest this morning into the gaping maw of what downtown Austin is morphing into.
I gathered 23 pennies, a 12-pack of 211's, and a woman with a fine athletic body...all before the cock's crow.
Whatever gawds may exist seem to be granting me favors.

new topics

top topics

join