It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4D, 5D, and so on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
ok i know what 2D is, its like a drawing or something like that, and i know what 3D is its like ourselves and holograms and stuff. bu whats 4D, 5D, 6D and so on? do they even exist, and what is 1D? how can something be less dimesional than a drawing?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
1d is the "line" world, 2d is oftentimes explained as like the surface of a garden hose (travel is along the length and around). 3d is left-right, back-forth, & up-down. Adding in "time" you get 4 dimensions. Greater dimensions are more difficult to imagine. Much evidence suggests additonal dimensions exist but are tightly curled into various "shapes".

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Partyof1]

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Partyof1]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
wtf...hhhmmm... ok ill try to imagine...

apc

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Without dipping into string theory Time is 5th. It has been repeatedly shown demonstrated and theorized that there is a 4th physical dimension. The sci-fi terms of "subspace" and "hyperspace" are sufficient to define it. The existance of a 4th physical dimension in which everything exists but we are not conciously aware of could have widespread implications on much of the unexplained.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
For some VERY interesting reading and exceptional explanations of this stuff, I highly recommend the book "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. It's one of those books that is so full of amazing information you just can't put it down.

Check it out!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
will do ill check it out, another good book that ive recently started is Strange matter by Tom Seigfreid i beleive.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partyof1
For some VERY interesting reading and exceptional explanations of this stuff, I highly recommend the book "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. It's one of those books that is so full of amazing information you just can't put it down.

Check it out!

Brian Greene.....the elegant universe....HELL YEAH!!!

This will float yer boat Schmidt.....

www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by Partyof1

Check it out!

Brian Greene.....the elegant universe....HELL YEAH!!!

This will float yer boat Schmidt.....

www.pbs.org...

Can't believe I just helped a Pittsburgh fan.....that's like one step removed from Raider nation, right??? Man, I'm getting soft in my old age!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Can't believe I just helped a Pittsburgh fan.....that's like one step removed from Raider nation, right??? Man, I'm getting soft in my old age!

LOL, GO STEELERS!! i got a Roesthlisberger jersey too

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Can't believe I just helped a Pittsburgh fan.....that's like one step removed from Raider nation, right??? Man, I'm getting soft in my old age!

LOL, GO STEELERS!! i got a Roesthlisberger jersey too

I believe we all have mental illness.....it's really just a matter of degree...

Let me know what you think of the postulations in the video....on good days i do remember the steel curtain....but i must say that bradshaw sux in any format....oh well, i'm a hard case all the time...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
som considered our O line an D line to be 2nd and 3rd steel curtains this year... and i live in a city called clark, about and hour north of pittsburgh and roethlishberger just baught a house up the stsree but he ehanst moved in yet, it was $500,000 some say he baught it for his parents but on the news he said if he lives up here during the offseason, its closer to his parents house, i guess its like right between his parents and pittsburgh.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
4d, 5d and on are all incomprehendable dimensionsons. If you were living on a 2d plane of existence, you would not be able to comprehend 3d, or above. If you live on 1d, You wouldn't be able to comprehend anything.
It si the same with senses. If you have never expereinced sight, then no matter who, or how sight is being described, you could never comprehend it

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Mathmaticians and computer scientists have to deal with more than 3 dimensions sometimes. Hurts thier head though too, im sure.

danzig.jct.ac.il...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by afklop
Mathmaticians and computer scientists have to deal with more than 3 dimensions sometimes. Hurts thier head though too, im sure.

lol, I bet.

new topics

top topics

join