It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop with the lie the fbi will still bring the powerful to justice despite Epstein’s death?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yep... there's a poll Bill Barr could benefit from... "Who believes the FBI will honestly investigate those with money, power and/or connections?"

I know what I think.

When Barr said the FBI and IG are going to investigate it... I decided to just fugetabout it.

That's over...

NEXT!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In support of Grambler's assertions:

Epstein, 66, of Palm Beach, Florida, had flown from Paris to New York when he was arrested in Teterboro, New Jersey, the officials said. The arrest was part of a joint NYPD and FBI investigation.

The New York Police Department, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York and the FBI declined to comment.

The Epstein case was led by SDNY’s Public Corruption Unit, working with the sex crimes division, according to a source familiar with the investigation.

Billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein arrested for alleged sex trafficking - NBC News

So yes, the SDNY/NYPD was the lead agency. The FBI was indeed involved from the moment of the arrest, though.

Public Corruption

The Public Corruption Unit works, in close partnership with the FBI and other federal, state and city investigative agencies to maintain and protect the integrity of all levels of government. The unit oversees the investigation and prosecution of corruption crimes committed by elected and appointed officials, government employees, and individuals and companies doing business with the city, state, and federal government. Corruption crimes investigated by the unit include bribery, embezzlement, and frauds committed against local, state, and federal government agencies.

U.S. Attorneys » Southern District of New York » Divisions

And yes, I know that the FBI does not have jurisdiction over prisoners. However, I agree with Grambler, and many others, that some sort of specific arrangements should have been made, through the U.S. Marshall's service, to make certain that Epstein was protected until he stood trial. The USMS is the agency who runs the witness protection program, and have the knowledge and resources to make sure that Epstein would be alive to have his day in court.

I just have to wonder now what else might be happening that won't have as much scrutiny givendue to the amount of attention being paid to the aftermath of Epstein's death.
edit on 12-8-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: added, "/NYPD"

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
August 12, 2019

THE LATEST: Apparently the first "incident" was not a suicide attempt, but a botched murder attempt on Jeffrey Epstein.

Jeffrey Epstein was concerned for his life after an incident in the jail in late July that sources at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York said was an attempted suicide, said Criminal Defense Attorney David Schoen, who had visited Epstein on Aug. 1, at the facility.
More at: saraacarter.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Oh my God Aug....

I am just so happy to hear you say this!

When have I ever shown I trust the government?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Oh my God Aug....

I am just so happy to hear you say this!

When have I ever shown I trust the government?

Last week.

You said, "I'd trust the government to screw up pouring piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel."

Then you called some guy named Cuomo, "Fredo" and we got into a fight.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't worry, I took him fishing.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well if you know the FBI doesn't have jurisdiction perhaps you could finish off the logic with some reality.

The FBI has zero to do with how prisoners are held. The blame if there is any...other than tax payers who never want to pay their bills... would be the US prosecutor, the judge who made the guidelines, the FBoP, And the DOJ oversight.

I know everyone like to think it's a movie but in the real world the FBI are investigators. You are basically blaming detectives for failure at the prison.

This has literally zero to do with the fbi.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt
a reply to: Scepticaldem

If you read the pdf document of 2024 pages which is the unsealing of the case Maxwell vs Giuffre from 2016 you'll see the Miami Herald was part of those proceedings .

Miami is in Florida so the Herald was necessarily involved from the start , when Epstein was originally tried in Florida in 2005/6

Newspapers have investigative divisions and will share with enforcement agencies

This is nonsense and does not require a response.

The fbi wouldn't investigate Epstein because miami is in florida so the Herald may have been involved?

Is that what you just tried to use to cover for a pedophile?

Lolz🤪

The FBI wouldn't investigate because their was a plea deal. Which means their job was done. This is reality.

The reason the case opened again is because the victims lawyers never stopped working and were able to gather more people willing to speak out...

There is also a real possibility the FBI leaked evidence they had to the herald so they could bipass double jeopardy laws.

But hey why think about reality when you can go full alex Jones.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Obviously this is a fishy situation that wreaks of murder.

Blaming the FBI is truly the last reasonable option of the conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I no longer trust Bill Barr to do his job and prosecute criminals after he effing let Comey off the hook.

While I certainly don't trust Barr after his involvement with the Ruby Ridge outrage, he hasn't let Comey off the hook... yet...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What would you call declining to prosecute if not letting him off the hook?

I think Ryan Fournier says it best:

edit on 8 13 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What it seems like to me... is... the swamp isn’t even close to being drained, it’s like the FBI CIA and other alphabet agency’s have decided to stop doing their jobs while Trump is president, how on earth can all this have happened? You can bet your LIFE If this was a Trump associate involved Epstein’s many houses would have been raided long long ago, there would be unlimited resources and agents bulldozing through everybody’s door suspected of being involved

The USA is in deep trouble, it’s never been so lopsided, I’ve said it for years, right from the moment Trump started polling and looking like he was going to win... the only thing that could sort out this corruption completely is a civil war, the swamp isn’t going anywhere, it is simply hiding and striking as soon as your backs are turned

Unbelievable corruption, far beyond that the Soviet Union ever produced

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
He committed suicide. He is dead.

Silly knows. Silly was there.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

what hope do we have as a nation if we don't trust the people who enforce our laws?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I want so desperately to believe that justice will prevail, not just for the victims but for all of us. I just can't do it.

In the past I would have believed that to be a failure on my part. I know better now.

How very sad that is.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Among Epstiens many rich friends was Trump.

No. Just no.

You apparently don't understand the difference between being acquainted with someone, and being friends.

His supporters who are suspicious of the circumstances of this death must accept I think that to some extent its possible that Trump could have been behind this. Could this be a plot to protect the office of President from a massive scandal.

Nope. While I'll admit there is a 'chance in hell' you are right, the odds are like 0.000009%, so close enough for me to consider it zero.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You glossed over the rest of that paragraph where I insisted that the USMS should have been the agency to make the arrangements to see to it that Epstein remained safe from harm for the duration of his incarceration prior to trial.

They have policies and procedures in place for such things.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Small correction...

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is proven Bill had been to Epstein island at least 20 something times

No, it is proven that he flew on the Lolita Express this many times - none of the manifests I've seen had him ever going to the island.

Love to be proven wrong though...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The marshals would be ordered by the prosecution and or the judge during the bond hearing.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
We know trump has terrible judgement I mean he thought jeffrey was a great guy loved young ladies like he does.

Please... mis-quoting an off-hand comment from 20 or 30 years ago is the best you got?

Did you forget that he severed all ties when he kicked his ass out of Mara Lago for coming on to another members young daughter?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join