It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caroline Lucas calls for 'all-women emergency cabinet' to stop no-deal Brexit…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Good morning ATS.

Green Party leader Caroline Lucas calls for 'all-women emergency cabinet' to stop no-deal Brexit…
Caroline Lucas wants a cross-party cabinet of female MPs to be in charge of Brexit, saying women "cooperate to find solutions".
Caroline Lucas has written to 10 female politicians opposed to no-deal inviting them to form an "emergency cabinet" that would "press the pause button" on Brexit and offer a new EU referendum.

Ignoring the fact that her proposed cabinet is a group of white, remain supporters with no diversity and more importantly no diversity of opinion on Brexit… They are also all women for the reasons she gives above…
I cannot believe my eyes ATS… this has to be the most sexist proposal I have ever had the displeasure to come across… What happened to equality??!!

If a man had uttered the phrases above about a group of men there would be outrage… how can she think this is not political suicide?

What are your thoughts ATS?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I agree, the equality seems a little thin on the ground with this one, 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm sorry, I don't really have much else to add, it's all broken Brother 😐

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

In ms Lucas' mind, women are only women when they have the same goals as she does.

She's not interested in what women think if they are Gisela Stuart, Jess Phillips etc.

The idea that women are intrinsically better at finding a compromise and treating people fairly is laughable.
They never heard of Margaret Thatcher, Imelda Marcos etc?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Does she understand the political process that brings Cabinets into existence as bodies with authority to act? It takes rather more than a group of people coming together and agreeing to form one. Getting it to trend on Twitter won't be enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I completely agree... Has she never watched "The Apprentice".... you put a group of women together for more then 10 minutes and they fu**ing hate each other....

Margaret Thatcher was the first UK female PM, and guess what, she famously had a cabinet of all men... She clearly didn't agree with the premise...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

She's just saying that to get attention to her cause. She knew that by saying "all women" she'd get publicity and outrage the men, thereby getting men to listen to her.

No publicity is bad, and I'd have to say that she was clever because even I, way over here in Texas, heard about this woman's clever ploy to get attention.

The best thing to do would be ignore her and not feed into the narcissism, but I guess that's too late now isn't it? Sigh....

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Sounds like she’s lost the plot and probably needs sectioning.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
Sounds like she’s lost the plot and probably needs sectioning.

No she has not lost the plot, nor is she mad. In fact, she's just playing to her supporters and finding another way to get some publicity around subverting Brexit. For some people any publicity is good publicity.

It’s all good fun for the Greens who seem to forget that their beloved EU has presided over rules which have led to huge ecological and environmental degradation – i.e. the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They also forgot that the green Party was anti EU until pretty recently.
And they like to pretend David Icke wasn't one of their leaders

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah, this is the typical political thing of doing A and pretending it's B.

She wants to overturn article 50, knows it is undemocratic to do so, and is pretending that it's because too many men are involved that leaving the EU is a mess.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

They would be spending to much time putting their make-up on.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I thought we were told men and women were identical in abilities? Now women have some extra skill men don't have?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Absurd isn't it?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Seems fine, PROVIDING they deal with an ALL Women Emergency Cabinet from the E.U....

Fair is fair you know......

Then they can call it what it will be, a big Bitch festival.

Orf with their heads......she says!!

Let zem eat cake....she replies!!

edit on 12-8-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've been meaning to start a "How's that Brexit going?" thread.

Apparently, three years wasn't enough time for those hard working British legislators to figure out how to leave the EU. I guess Paul Simon's 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover just wasn't as popular across the pond.

So back in March it was decided to extend the Leave date to October to give those diligent British legislators more time make a new plan. I assume they have been working feverishly to make the new deadline. I was wondering what progress has been made so far? Has anyone outlined a "This is how we do it" plan? Have there been any votes in Parliament? Is everything still on schedule?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I've been meaning to start a "How's that Brexit going?" thread.

Apparently, three years wasn't enough time for those hard working British legislators to figure out how to leave the EU. I guess Paul Simon's 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover just wasn't as popular across the pond.

So back in March it was decided to extend the Leave date to October to give those diligent British legislators more time make a new plan. I assume they have been working feverishly to make the new deadline. I was wondering what progress has been made so far? Has anyone outlined a "This is how we do it" plan? Have there been any votes in Parliament? Is everything still on schedule?

In answer to your questions, None, Nope, 3, all a shambles, and no.. not by a long way...

It is one big mess at the moment.. but don't worry, Boris will sort it out... ;-)
edit on 12-8-2019 by PerfectAnomoly because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Greens have lost their thunder somewhat, eco demonstrations are being held by outsiders with Greta Thunberg as the new green queen, the right wing press are involved in one huge circle jerk over boris promising to shake the fabled magic money tree™, again and, the left leaning media still think one more bad news story removes Corbyn. The lib dems are even getting good vibes somehow. Brighton about to turn yellow maybe?
This proposal is nothing more than Ms Lucas shouting "i'm still relevant look at me".

That she has triggered the snowflake brexity gammon types to rage does earn her some extra brownie points however.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Women are too catty to each other to come together and do something like this together in the same room. The people voted for Brexit, now let it happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Let me lay it out for you.
2 years ago Ms May went to Brussels and worked a deal. Call it "the deal". She came back and offered "the deal" to the UK government, who rejected it. Ms May then tried to go back to Brussels and alter "the deal", but was told "the deal" was set. Take it or leave it. The rest from her was just showboating.
Now along comes Farage and his party saying that he is going to frighten the EU. Sorry, "the deal" is set. Have you noticed Farage is gone quiet because he knows there is NO negotiating as "the deal" is set.
Now along comes Boris promising the same as Farage. But that's just BS and grandstanding because, guess what "the deal" is set. And now these women, wweeelll.
The UK has only 2 choices, the EU deal or no deal. Now you tell me which one Boris is going for.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Does she understand the political process that brings Cabinets into existence as bodies with authority to act? It takes rather more than a group of people coming together and agreeing to form one. Getting it to trend on Twitter won't be enough.

Aside from this obviously very huge hole in her logic, has she also considered that Parliament has already signed off on Brexit? That is the only reason we have a withdrawal date - they have already voted on it, agreed it and enshrined it in law.

These politicians are absolutely useless if they can't even grasp the basics. I am really starting to despair about our political class, they are nearly all completely amd utterly inept.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join