It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Want To Be A Girl, Because Girls Can Do Anything"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Last Friday night my wife, baby daughter and I were invited to dinner at one of my best mates' aunties house to celebrate is birthday.

His aunty is a lovely, caring and friendly lady which makes this even worse.

During the course of the dinner, my mates sister was saying something to my daughter along the lines of "go you girl, you can be anything" semi- tongue in cheek though not in a serious, politically motivated tone.

My mates Aunty then gave us an anecdote about about a friend of hers who's mother had expressed a concern to her that she may be "over doing it" on the female empowerment after her son told her that when he grows up, he wants to be a girl because girls can do anything. The mother admitted to my friends Aunt she had perhaps gone a bit overboard on empowering her daughter and neglected her son.

Upon the completion of which there were a few innocent giggles and although I tried making the point it wasn't funny, it is actually a serious issue being ignored, didn't get to have my say as the conversation had moved.

I know this is only one of many examples of the Feminist conquest of the west however, it disturbed me to see critical thinking, intelligent and caring women having a laugh about this poor little boys statement.

I fully support empowering girls and them believing they can be anything when they grow up - who wouldn't apart from some countries on the planet still stuck in the iron age? This is all fine as long as it does not come at the expense of innocent young males who have done nothing wrong except be born as a male in an increasingly Gynocentric society.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

You story reminds me of something that happened at work. This happened when I was in my 20s. I was an engineer at the time but I was pretty buffed because I did a lot weight lifting. There was this really cute petite girl I worked with. I ordered this giant computer monitor and Susan brought on dolly to my cubical. I took it out of the box and put it on the table and she started hooking it up. I then said to her, "You know Susan, you may be prettier than me, but I can lift heavier boxes." She replied without skipping a beat, "I'd rather be prettier."

edit on 12-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Saying a girl can do anything, doesn't negate that a boy can also do anything.
Positive reinforcement is key for any one.
Just keep things positive.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Where was the father in story, was the friends son fatherless?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Completely agree that positive reinforcement is a good thing however, in this case it has obviously had a negative effect on the young gentleman in question. It absolutely does not negate the fact a boy can do anything but if they never hear it how are they to know?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

No clue to be honest, I didn't ask.

Probably standing there with his knackers in a little velvet bag around his neck nodding and agreeing with his wife.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

My mates Aunty then gave us an anecdote about about a friend of hers who's mother had expressed a concern to her that she may be "over doing it" on the female empowerment after her son told her that when he grows up, he wants to be a girl because girls can do anything. The mother admitted to my friends Aunt she had perhaps gone a bit overboard on empowering her daughter and neglected her son.

Yikes. This is nothing more then simply the destruction of western values and western societies by SJWs.

edit on 12-8-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Saying a girl can do anything, doesn't negate that a boy can also do anything.
Positive reinforcement is key for any one.
Just keep things positive.

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Completely agree that positive reinforcement is a good thing however, in this case it has obviously had a negative effect on the young gentleman in question. It absolutely does not negate the fact a boy can do anything but if they never hear it how are they to know?

They never received positive reinforcement.
We are not arguing. You are defending no positive reinforcement, but agree with positive reinforcement.

Not sure of your position?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yep we sure know how to butter our bread so to say and why poke the bear.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Not sure I defended no positive reinforcement.

My position is that positive reinforcement is great though must be applied equally to boys and girls or that positive reinforcement will have an unintended negative consequence on the boys.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
the greeks had a myth about one of the philosophers, who was blathering in the academy that it was easier to be a girl, because every girl's success gets celebrated, where boys are expected to do their best.

Supposedly, the goddess Hera overheard him. She turned him into a woman for a year, so he could know what he was talking about.

At the end of the year, she asked if he wanted to stay female, or go back to being a dude.

He chose being a man.

The moral of the story is, don't let the gods overhear you talking crap about girls.

and genderpoliticswar is 2500 years old. at least.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

and genderpoliticswar is 2500 years old. at least.

It also reminds me of a cartoon fairly oddparents EP "miss dimmsdale"
The moral of the ending? girls are nothing without the boys. Same thing with the boys

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

No positive reinforcement will have an effect on anyone. Male or female (or other).
We can all celebrate the positives of others.
I disagree with equal enforcement(without reason). But I would agree with earned reinforcement regardless.
I assume you can agree with that?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You're playing with words.

What's equal enforcement? When was it mentioned?

Define earned reinforcement for me.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I know this is only one of many examples of the Feminist conquest of the west however, it disturbed me to see critical thinking, intelligent and caring women having a laugh about this poor little boys statement.

What disturbs me is that some men, such as the OP (assume you're a man) seem to fear the empowerment of women, and overanalyse what they are saying. "Feminist conquest"? You need to move to the Middle East so you can be sure women and girls are in their place, eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

You're playing with words.

What's equal enforcement? When was it mentioned?

Define earned reinforcement for me.

Define un- earned reinforcement for me.

I'm not the one playing with words.

I will say I believe words have meaning, it's the basis for civilization.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Completely misconstrued my sentiment and over reacted. Well Done.

I think modern feminists are adhering to an extremist ideology.

I am not against the empowerment of women, I do however hold some concern that the welfare of young men is being neglected while the (Western) world focuses on girls and women.

What is the place for women and girls then? I certainly don't have a pigeon hole for them. Are you blanketing the entire Middle East with a broad statement? It is a big place you know.

Do you disagree that the feminist agenda is destructive, divisive and hateful?

edit on 1282019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When anyone has to tell you what they are you can be pretty sure they aren’t. If you are strong and powerful people notice without you telling them. You only tell people when you have your own doubts.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Do you disagree that the feminist agenda is destructive, divisive and hateful?

I do disagree. Sorry, but the vast majority of feminists push for equality and fair treatment. I have met more sad men who fear women and their empowerment, than crackpot women who want to oppress men and are hateful and divisive. I also know that women and girls in some societies are treated soddily and unequally by men - a cursory bit of research will give you the country names and regions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join