It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Draft of Trump Executive Order to 'Censor the Internet' Denounced as Dangerous

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Clearly no one understands how Trump thinks... he would never outright enforce censorship with an executive order, it's far more likely that he wrote up an EO aimed at combating the rampant online censorship plaguing social network companies. He has been hinting at doing something about it for months now, and it's likely that he wrote an EO which the left got wind of and are now spinning it into something it really isn't at all.

The source posted in the OP says this:

According to CNN, which obtained a copy of the draft, the new rule "calls for the FCC to develop new regulations clarifying how and when the law protects social media websites when they decide to remove or suppress content on their platforms.

So actually Trump's trying to protect free speech by limiting corporations ability to censor speech they don't agree with.

I am utterly amazed how these news websites are saying it's the exact opposite of what it is. What a bunch of conartists and liars. They are terrified that if they cannot censor everyone that we will start to realize just how prevalent certain views are (that the people in general think differently than the big corporations do).

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: roadgravel

I don't believe this, but if it is true, the Trump is a #heel asshole mother#er son-of-a-bitch anti-free speech authoritarian douche-waffle.

Pardon my language.

Read my post above.
The MSM is attacking it because it's actually a pro-free speech EO that limit's their corporate ability to censor us. They twisted the narrative 180degrees from reality.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I believe it's time to reign in the excessive power of social media corporations, and in fact, all corporations. The bigger and more powerful, the more restrictions they need to govern them.

I am totally all about freedom for the people, but the corporations are essentially entities chartered via the government, and the Constitution gives the govt the power to regulate commerce (like corporations).

So regulate the hell outta them. They have way too much $$$ and power and are abusing the hell out of it by spreading lies, censoring the truth, pumping pollution everywhere, selling poisons under the guise it's good for you, etc etc. Let em fight it out in court if they don't like it.

If the govt and corporations are fighting endlessly that's great for we the people because it takes the heat off of us and serves the same effect as the 3 branches of govt vying against each other over power. As long as all the heads of this Hydra are fighting among themselves it will keep them off us.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I don't believe this, but if it is true, the Trump is a #heel asshole mother#er son-of-a-bitch anti-free speech authoritarian douche-waffle.

Pardon my language.

Read my post above.
The MSM is attacking it because it's actually a pro-free speech EO that limit's their corporate ability to censor us. They twisted the narrative 180degrees from reality.

Now that makes more sense.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

I don't believe this, but if it is true, the Trump is a #heel asshole mother#er son-of-a-bitch anti-free speech authoritarian douche-waffle. Pardon my language.
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do not believe it either, but if it happened/s you know everybody on this site will welcome it, justify it and blame the Democrats for it....

But yes, this site will justify anything dear leader says or does.

Democrats can make thinly veiled threats, without so much as a slap on the wrist, but the minute Mitch McConnell posts a video outside his home of the hate he receives, his account is suspended. With many other instance of pro-Dem/anti-Conservative behavior by these supposedly neutral platforms, it certainly warrants having the FCC look into it. That does not mean I or we support the very thing we are concerned about just because its happening to you instead of us.

That being said, I've not been able to find the raw draft, but I certainly do not trust CNN to be honest about what it states.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: phone problems

edit on 12-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Pardon my language.

I do believe it. Israel straight owns Trump, as well as many other politicians on both sides of the coin. It is a fact. From his biggest donor, Sheldon Adelson, to his children/advisors, Ivanka and Jared, Trump serves Israel first. This information is readily available. Israel would like nothing better than to shut down criticism on social media for what they are doing, not only in Palestine and the occupied territories, but across the divide into Europe, where they oppose the "boycott, divestment, sanctions" movement as "anti-semitic", and do not want products labeled to show that they come from occupied territories.

This is obvious and apparent. You don't believe that Israel already controls, to a large extent, what is allowed to be said in politics and the media? Please. I know damn well that you know who controls the media. And you cannot possibly believe that the ADL would not love this, so criticism of Israel could be shut down entirely as "hate speech".

Time to start believing, DBC.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pardon my language.

Read my post above.

I will believe that the second that I can talk mad smack about Israel without being called an antisemite. I will not hold my breath. Go ahead, try that one on major social media. Kiss your account goodbye.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am totally all about freedom for the people, but the corporations are essentially entities chartered via the government, and the Constitution gives the govt the power to regulate commerce (like corporations).

I missed the part where the government is able to regulate speech. Speech is not now, never has been, and never will be "commerce". If that were so, the government could regulate newspapers.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Personally I saw something like this when Trump decided to do away with net neutrality. Make the internet unaffordable so people cannot access the content they really want, but because net neutrality was an Oboma idea, there are many people on this site who will never see it as a good thing.

JD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join