It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Crime: The Holly Bobo Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with or wants to discuss the Holly Bobo case??

It is local to me as I live in the area.. I will post a link to the wiki page or something, but really only want to highlight the craziness here, rather than type out a dissertation on the whole case..

The cliff notes version is..

Late teens girl was kidnapped from home , with the brother there..

Brother sees the perpetrator , but initially thinks it is the boyfriend..

Girl is kidnapped and her body is not found until years later..

The local methheads are charged with her murder years later, almost solely on the testimony of jail house snitches getting deals.

Ok to the actual stuff I find crazy...

1) First off it is pretty obvious to me they are pinning it on the local garbage group of people..

They end up arresting a group of people, and claim according to the jailhouse snitches like 20 more people helped . Claiming they took videos and tortured her for days....

Yet no one talked.....even with the reward offered and immunity being the one who talked would bring...

This just doesn’t seem like a group activity to me, nor are the local methheads smart enough to pull it off.. imho..

I think the snitches all thought about who “deserved it”..

Who was such garbage that they deserved to be in jail if the killed this girl or not???

The local meth heads that is who..

2) the brother and mothers stories are crazy...

Mom and the brothers story is this...

Mom gets a call from the neighbor while mom is working saying,

“I thought I just heard holly scream help?!?”

Mom calls home and gets the brother.. mom asks

“where is your sister??”

The brother looks into the garage and sees her talking softly and seemingly upset with someone in camo and assumes it is her boyfriend, so he replies,

“She is in the garage talking to drew (the bf)..”

Mom replies “that isn’t drew . Get the gun and shoot him!”

Apparently mom had spoken to the boyfriend earlier and had reason to believe it wasn’t him..

The brother replies “shoot drew?!?”

Then mom hangs up the phone in frustration and calls the police..

The brother then gets the gun and goes to the window in time to watch his sister be led off into the woods and does not pursue...

Well if the craziness in that story is not apparent,I will point it out..

1) why did mom instantly demand the brother shoot the kidnapped??

The only info she had is the neighbor calling saying she THOUGHT she heard her daughter scream.

That is a hell of a jump to “shoot him”..

What if the boyfriend had left the hunting trip and came home??

What if it was another friend..

None of that makes sense..

Wouldn’t the normal reaction be to “drew is hunting.. go actually physically check on your sister..maybe bring a weapon to be safe..”

No one is jumping straight to “shoot him”..

2) the brother was armed and did not pursue as someone kidnapped his sister..

I don’t even need to add much here except that he does sound like a sissy..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

There is a lot of weird stuff in that case for sure.

The way I understand it, the brother thought the mom was wrong and Holly was going into the woods with her BF Drew.

ETA - They found Holly's DNA in Zack's closet. I think Zack was involved somehow, but maybe not his brother.

edit on 11-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I would question if it were planted at this point..

There are a lot of reputations and careers on the line here.. lots of bad press claiming police incompetence...

If it turned out to be terry Britt later.. a whole lotta cops careers would go belly up..and DNA is REAL easy to plant..

I just do not buy the prosecutions account.

I don’t buy they were teaching the brother to cook meth and he let them murder his sister...

The testimonies against Adams ALL came after years in prison and came with immunity deals...

The only “pure “ evidence is the confession from the the mentally disabled brother..which just screams Memphis 3...

I don’t buy these guys were smart enough to pull this off... quoting Adams mother, FYI but..

“Adams got caught at everything he ever did.. he couldn’t steal a tree stand without getting caught..”

According to the prosecution, these guys with no history of sexual crimes to my knowledge, held her and raped her.. maybe for days.. as the whole town goes crazy?!?!

These numbskulls?!?!

I’m watching the brothers testimony now. Lol

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I would question if it were planted at this point..

It would not be too hard to plant it.

with no history of sexual crimes to my knowledge

I thought Zack tried to kidnap another girl in his past.

Who do you think may have done it. Sounds like you think Holly's family is involved somehow.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If we are assuming she was kidnapped, raped and murdered... that just isn’t a “group” crime to me.. that is AT MOST a “dynamic duo” crime..

I find that most likely a lone wolf situation..

Watching the brother now , I can buy he was too scary to jump in...

I don’t buy he let them murder his sister BEFORE they taught him to cook meth..

Prosecutors story...

“They came up to the house early in the morning to teach the brother to cook meth.. Holly starts screaming. So they grab her rape and kill her..”

Why would she scream instantly??

Why would they grab her instead of “ who... wanted to see if your brother wanted to hunt !?!

Do you like meth??”

There was no need to jump to rape and murder.. if meth was involved that could explain the inconsistencies..

But it is a convenient tool for the prosecution too whenever they charge a meth head. H

edit on 11-8-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not really...

I just think those points stand out..

Watching the brother testify , literally right now lol..

I could buy he was too scary to get involved..

The only way I see the family being involved is an accident and the mother helping to cover up for the brother ..

Idk..

The neighbor hearing the scream, kinda means the mom wasn’t involved in an earlier death cover up..

But damn that stands out...

I did just find out it was two phone calls..

First mom says “call the neighbors”.

Second she says “get the gun and shoot him”.

Doesn’t change the fact mom knew “too soon “ there was a problem..

Could be mom is an over protective nut job anyway....

So she always assumed the worst..

Idk

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I remember seeing on the news a year or so ago that it was suspected that Holly may have been working with undercover officers who were involved with meth and that she may have been murdered as part of a cover up, but there has never been any evidence provided for that- but of course there wouldn't be regardless. Also I'm fairly certain that her mother knows a heck of a lot that she's not saying but she could be in fear for her own life.

All I know is that if my mom ever told me to shoot someone I wouldn't hesitate because for my mom to even suggest something like that would mean it's an immediate life or death situation for someone in the family, and unless the mother is some kind of hardened criminal I would imagine she'd be the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don’t buy he let them murder his sister BEFORE they taught him to cook meth.. Prosecutors story... “They came up to the house early in the morning to teach the brother to cook meth.. Holly starts screaming. So they grab her rape and kill her..”

That is hard to buy.

It's hard to say what could of really happened to her. Meth is some nasty sheet.

I hope the truth comes out one day.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Doesn’t change the fact mom knew “too soon “ there was a problem..

Can't forget about motherly instinct. There are many cases where a mother knew something about a child when there is no way the mother could of known.

Thanks for the info. I remember reading the news about this case, it was such a shame that Holly was killed.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I agree about the inconsistencies, but I don’t buy these guys were meth kingpins... according to both sides they never met each other..

Maybe the brother is lying and meth is involved, but terry Britt fits super well too..

Meth explains all the craziness concerning the case, it it also explains why all the snitches would sacrifice them and why they would act shady when interviewed..

I think it was likely terry Britt and the mother is an over protective “psychic” and the brother is about as scary as they come.. he was confused but also froze as the situation declined..

I’m not real confident either way, but EVERY testimony against those convicted is suspect and the surrounding theory (meth) doesn’t AT ALL need to equal murder..

Meth heads go crazy, but most get caught instantly

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Meth is too convenient of an dues ex mechania..

It literally explains everything.. in any direction..

“Why were they anxious and had cuts and such when they were innocent??”

Meth..

“Why would they randomly rape and kill someone who screamed when she saw them not yet breaking the law??”

Meth..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Absolutely, it is curious but not definitive...

Neither inconsistencies are definitive, because the brother looks like a sissy..

new topics

top topics

join