It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Islam is incompatible with the Western World" - discuss

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You replied to a blanket statement...
With an imaginary interpretation of your own...
Never took you as dishonest before...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to: 5StarOracle

You replied to a blanket statement...

Incorrect.
This is the post to which I replied.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

SMH

This is supposed to be a free society.

Free to own firearms, free to worship as you please.

Also free to complain about it, I suppose.

There is no freedom of religion in the USA.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

All i can add to this is to express my disbelief.
For every faith there is a reality that counters belief.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

It's probably worth noting that we're ritualistic animals when speaking hypothetically about religion and spirituality, but I tend to agree with you on how it all began to get more organized.

Organised religion is a funny concept though isn't it? People trying to pigeonhole what fundamentally should be a mind opening activity. We haven't changed all that much from our early societal ways either, we still hold group gatherings that are ritualistic and we still take mind altering substances, often at said gatherings. Also locations are considered sacred, Glastonbury event comes to mind and it's not even 100 years old, imagine what people might think of it in 1000 years time?

Then again we have a reasonable access to history so it's not like word of mouth and myths will change all that much regarding that event... There's a lot to consider, though I don't think religion in it's earliest forms was a form of control. I think it was more of a method of learning.

Because at the end of the day survival of the fittest doesn't work too well in a social setting, not for humans. I can't imagine the biggest guy (chief) was shagging all the hot girls when he felt like it in those early groups and we don't really see it today in primitive societies. I can't imagine such activity was any more tolerable when groups grew either.

Then again what do I know? Jesus could've been a sleazy man whore putting silly ideas into people's heads so they're too distracted to notice him getting giggity with their Mrs. I mean it seems to be a theme with modern relig... I mean cults.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

"Survival of the fittest" is an obsolete concept but attempts to apply evolutionary theory to sociology are problematic, leading to concepts like eugenics.

Religion was first a way to assign order to random occurrences, "it didn't rain because we didn't give the rain god what she wants." But it seems to have gone beyond that at some point. It changed to "if you don't do this, or if you do this, you will be punished." Then, when punishment seemed to not happen immediately to all the people who broke the rules, it turned into "Ok, well. You might get away with it now, but watch out for what comes next!" Which is convenient because no one ever said "Hey! It's cool! Nothing bad happened after I died and I was a real asshole."
edit on 8/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You don't tell me what to do. You don't tell me to discuss.

To the topic: yes. We a knew this year's ago, this is no new thinking here.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

"Survival of the fittest" is an obsolete concept but attempts to apply evolutionary theory to sociology are problematic, leading to concepts like eugenics. 

Yet it's a concept we've kept around especially in regards to recreational activity. Can war be considered recreational? I'd argue it was with some of the older god's and the ways people followed them.

When you mention religion I instantly think of a God, but there's monotheisms that didn't dabble so much in divine punishment and retribution. It also seems to me that not all polytheistic religions were practiced the same way. A lot of heathen gods didn't really give a damn about human activity. Using god's to explain happenings is a common theme through history and I totally agree in that, yet I don't subscribe to the theory that our ancestors were all thick.

Then again you don't necessarily need to be intelligent to be smart.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa
About that, the western world also prevents other nations not in the "muslim" area to become developed and they blame it on any other thing they can find out, so Religion as a whole is not the actual reason but more like a political and regional issue.

I am afraid I don't agree with you. Nothing is keeping the Muslim world back except themselves. These societies do not have the capability to become developed nations, at least not when women are second class and democracy and governance is shunned.

The accepted interpretation of a developed nations includes the depth of the economy and factors relating to society.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Should we be so tolerant over here in "the Western World"?

The Western world is built on tolerance, Democracy relies on tolerance to function so yes we should remain tolerant to peoples beliefs and opinions.

Tolerance does not equal bending to the will of.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

About that, the western world also prevents other nations not in the "muslim" area to become developed and they blame it on any other thing they can find out, so Religion as a whole is not the actual reason but more like a political and regional issue.

I am afraid I don't agree with you. Nothing is keeping the Muslim world back except themselves. These societies do not have the capability to become developed nations, at least not when women are second class and democracy and governance is shunned.

The accepted interpretation of a developed nations includes the depth of the economy and factors relating to society.

But Saudi Arabia is a very very very developed nation which is basically an Islamic anti-democratic religion-based country that has a very ridiculous law based on Sharia Law, do you want to pretend that doesn't happen at all?

And it is fully developed by the way so your are just basically looking the other way and ignoring reality

edit on 11-8-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Im here to tell you, the constitution

So, America constitutes the entire Western World, now?

LMFAO! Are you telling me that there are other countries out there? Beyond Canada, the UK, USA and all the Mexicos?

Only us country bumpkins and we only make corn.

Crikey!!

LMFAO! Thank whatever God is in favor these days i was born in a big Metrópoli, or whatever it is written

I do enjoy corn and i'm thankful for people who provide in all forms. Except the one corn that has some weird bugs jumping all around

I actually live in a city.. but even this city, is considered a town. Or back in 86 it was. I went to Melbourne and asked where I could buy a litre bottle of coke. They said "Oh you from the country?" I said "Nah Perth." and they looked gobsmacked.

It was a few years after that we here, had plastic 1.25 litre bottles of coke, and the ol' glass bottle was a thing of the past.

Also, our corn goes into cans... we're ahead of the curve now!

Wait wait, are you telling me you had glass bottles of 1Lt? How did you not break them all around? LMFAO! When i was 12 i used to make rockets out of 2Lt coke bottles with my older brother LMFAO, could never do that with glass bottles :S

I love the word "gobsmacked" but i never seem to find the right time to use it lol, just like "flabbergasted" or "Golly!"

I have never seen a can of corns :/

Oh wait, you mean those Kirkland cans you find at the Costco? LMFAO! Somehow i thought you meant like very big cans like a kilo or something like that :/ haha sorry

We had 600ml and 1ltr glass bottles of fizzy drink.. The coke would taste a lot better, for some reason. We didnb't break them as they were hard as rock. Well, we did, once we poured sufficient amounts of bourbon into them, back in the day.

We even went through the stages of having those foam bottoms, we used to slide off and pop as kids.. that is a long lost memory, haha..

Took us years before we used the plastic bottles as projectiles. And strangely, I've been watching youtube videos lately, on how to re use the hdpe lids. Oo

You'd be flabbergasted at the tinned corn we have.. not a kilo, maybe 500 grams.. sweet corn. a tin opener, a spoon and you're set.. Though I did once buy an 8kg can of champions. The asian store sold them.. I was quite ecstatic..More of those little buggers than I could imagine. haha.. simple things do that to me, sometimes.

I love your attitude..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

But Saudi Arabia is a very very very developed nation which is basically an Islamic anti-democratic religion-based country that has a very ridiculous law based on Sharia Law, do you want to pretend that doesn't happen at all?

No, Saudi Arabia is not a developed nation. Take away the money and you regress to a mediaeval mindset. Just because you drive a Rolls Royce and have a smartphone does not mean you are "developed". Dressing up a turd in a suit and a fancy pair of shoes does not make it something different.

A developed nation has advanced industries and positive societal indicators. No nation in the Islamic world has anything touching an advanced industrial base for example.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am impressed with your reply considering your post history I thought you were going to go the other way with that.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Exactly

And can we figure out the actual problem already?

From all those things you said, and considering all we know already, are we on the right side or what's going on

Let us be very very very + honest here

LMFAO!

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The jewish talmud calls us non jews all terrible things and equates us to petty soul slaves.
The bible tells us to stone witches.

Are jews or Christians ncompatible with western society?

China is right? You mean there reeducation camps and inhuman treatement of muslims. So great!

Keep the hate train rolling!

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am impressed with your reply considering your post history I thought you were going to go the other way with that.

*heh*

I'm critical of Islam and of Islamists, but the 1st Amendment clearly states,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Remember when Catholics came to America and forcefully converted Natives? History repeats itself. Christianity is just as dangerous.
edit on 11-8-2019 by Secretrooster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They have laws, education, advanced industries, large militaries, ect.. They are a developed nation. While i agree that islamic states / regions are retrogressive in freedoms, that doesn't mean they are incapable in other aspects.

Jews and Christians accomplished alot. They also have hateful silly medieval holy books.

Israel is a jewish nation. Very developed. Yet, look at their culture. Alot of hate for Palestinians and muslims.
They kill innocent Palestinians all the time.

Religious states are bad in general. Remove those relugions and cultural hate, then you get some peace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join