It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food is killing more people than gun violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Its a fact. Fast food consumption has been linked with obesity in the developed world. Its mostly cheap, plentiful and readily available everywhere. In the United States alone, 1 in 3 adults eats fast food daily according to the CDC. The average American drinks FIFTY FOUR gallons of carbonated drinks every year, that's basically fizzy sugar water. Eating fast food along with sugary drinks has DOUBLED obesity since 1980. As a result, the number ONE cause of death in the US is not mass shootings, its UNHEALTHY EATING, to the sum of 2.8 MILLION deaths a year. That's far more people that automobiles, crime, and domestic violence combined. And yet there seems to be no real outrage about this. We are far more concerned with eliminating guns than fried food, which kills FAR more people per year. Just wanted to post this as it never gets talked about ever.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I tried murdering someone with a big mac one time. Didn't work.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm sure this logic made perfect sense. To you. At the time.

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

keep trying, in time the fat turns to alcohol, and cirrhosis sets in.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Next time I'm going to walmart armed with 2 large fries. I will launch them at every person I see and achieve a massive body count!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Eating fast food along with sugary drinks has DOUBLED obesity since 1980.

That's just nonsense... Fast food doesn't make you fat! It's eating to much of anything which does that.

You could eat fast food everyday for breakfast lunch and dinner and it wouldn't make you put on weight if you weren't consuming more calories than you were expending.
edit on 10-8-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Poison takes time to work it's magic.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Every knows it's bad for you. As are beer and cigarettes, but I still drink and smoke. It's a personal choice that we know isn't healthy. I only eat fast food once or twice a month, but as said above if you exercise or work a job where you burn a lot of calories, it doesn't hurt you at all.

Getting mowed down by a mass shooter at Walmart is not a personal choice. I don't understand why you thought this was a worthy comparison.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

You can take my Big Mac when you can pry it from my cold, dead, greasy hands.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Our option to super size our meal #ShallNotBeInfringed

But it was :'(

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: openminded2011

You can take my Big Mac when you can pry it from my cold, dead, greasy hands.

The grease makes that job a lot easier IMO.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Getting mowed down by a mass shooter at Walmart is not a personal choice. I don't understand why you thought this was a worthy comparison.

Then maybe if you (the collective you) are so afraid, you should stay inside and never leave the house? After all, there are all these mass shooters all over the place, and white supremacists hunting you down. Your best move is not to make any.

Let those of us that respect the Constitution and know the real danger, be free to move about and understand the risks. We will have an easier time on the freeway with less people around too.

The only thing we have to fear is, fear itself.

True then, true now.

edit on 8/10/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Then maybe if you (the collective you) are so afraid, you should stay inside and never leave the house? After all, there are all these mass shooters all over the place, and white supremacists hunting you down. Your best move is not to make any.

Let those of us that respect the Constitution and know the real danger, be free to move about and understand the risks. We will have an easier time on the freeway with less people around too.

True then, true now.

I am not afraid, which is why I don't carry a gun. I do worry about my kids at school, but I never go out in public in fear of my life.
edit on 10-8-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It helps if you freeze them first.
Much more effective.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

True then, true now.

I am not afraid, which is why I don't carry a gun. I do worry about my kids at school, but I never go out in public in fear of my life.

Sure...of course you aren't.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Of course gluttonous Americans got all plumpy, diabetic, and malnourished on fast food. And easy gun access is killing people too. But we Americans can't handle more than one problem at a time! Or so you would think on ATS.

In truth soda drinking is actually down due to the love-wave of LaCroix and other canned sparkling waters. But I'm sure Americans will make sure to eat more deserts and steak-ums to make up for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sure...of course you aren't.

If I was, I'd arm myself 🤷

I'm not afraid of guns, I go the range with a friend of mine quite frequently. I just don't feel the need to own one. Shooting IS fun.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I am as pro 2nd as they come but I do agree with you.

Death due to complications from being obese is a personal choice and comparing it to being murdered with a firearm is apples and oranges.

That said, suicides need to be removed from the overall death by firearm count as they are self inflicted.

Justifiable homicide should be removed as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Eat healthy and invest some coin in cheap knock off heart disease and diabetic drugs. You'll be fine I assure you. Especially if Democrats get control. South Americans have one of the most unhealthiest diets on the planet.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My new cardiologist's PA was telling me that she is seeing more and younger patients with heart disease than in the past. I have no trouble saying I believe it's because of our processed food and drinks. Specifically high fructose corn syrup and a bunch of additives that do little aside from extending the shelf life. There are so many chemicals in our food it amazes me that we're not dropping dead just from those.

I am a walking example of how badly HFCS can affect the human body. My triglycerides were 1300 when I was drinking pop and eating whatever sounded good. Once I removed ALL HFCS from my diet my tris dropped to 600. Yes they're still way high, that part is genetic. But that one act of cleaning up my food made a huge difference in my health. Since then I have all but eliminated fast food and will not eat or drink anything with fake sugar. My LDL is low and my HDL is above average. Unfortunately I ate way too many fats and starch/sugars for most of my life and that caught up with me a week ago with a heart attack at 56 years old. I've been working on my menu for a while, eating healthier for several years but I guess it's time to tighten that up some more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join