It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets, nukes and explosions, oh my: so what happened near Nyonoksa, Russia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Nearby town was told to evacuate then told to stay.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9-a5c6-1e74f7ec4a93_story.html?noredirect=on

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Norway has detected radioactive iodine.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

npw there is this www.dailymail.co.uk...

60 doctors who treated naked medical technicians wrapped in plastic are flown to moscow for urgent tests were not informed of radiation risk ( why does it say ATS is not secure ?)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Seems there may be a cover up in play here. This from yesterday says two Russian monitoring stations went offline due to technical issues.

To requests on #IMS detection beyond #CTBT, data in, or near the path of potential plume from the explosion are being analyzed . We’re also addressing w/station operators technical problems experienced at two neighboring stations. All data are available to our Member States.

Executive Secretary of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization

And today this..

Two more stations are now offline — and not just any two. This time it is a pair of radionuclide stations in the path of the drifting plume. I’d say we are out of coincidence territory.

ArmsControlWonk

Four Russian nuclear-monitoring stations have gone silent, official says, fueling concerns Moscow is trying to conceal data after a recent explosion

Wall Street Journal

Got a feeling we may have to wait for HBO/Sky to make a follow on from Chernobyl for any of the real story to get out. Then again, Chernobyl is in Ukraine so maybe the truth will remain secret.
edit on 19/8/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Technical difficulties of convenience haha I doubt they want to advertise the scope of the mess. Beyond that, I doubt they want to advertise exactly what they were playing with.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I know they won't want to raise any attention to what has gone on but shutting down nuclear test ban treaty monitoring stations must surely mean there will be some consequence? Whats to stop any signatories from carrying out tests and switching off their monitoring stations citing technical issues and denial?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join