It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Booths/Rooms - THE NEXT BIG THING?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
NOTE TO MODS: I wasn't sure which was the most suitable forum for this thread, so please feel free to move it to any other forum as you see fit.

It's 2034 CE. Ascension AI Global, a company based in Namibia is raking in eye-watering profits from the popularity of its so-called "suicide rooms" and "suicide booths" - secure locations in plush state-of-the-art Ascension AI buildings which allow customers, who pay an affordable lump sum of $5000 (€4400) to kill themselves securely and painlessly without all the red tape and bureaucracy that you would normally have found in Switzerland (circa 2019 CE) for example. Customers are not required to give a reason for committing suicide or submit an assessment in order to be accepted. They need only to pay the lump sum and legally travel to the designated Ascension AI Global location in Namibia.

Namibia is currently the only country to allow any individual of any nationality from any country to legally enter the country for the sole purpose of using Ascension AI Global's booths and rooms to commit suicide. Experts predict that Namibia's suicide tourism will grow by 3000% within the next five years.

Already, Ascension AI Global has already had 125,000 customers kill themselves in Ascension AI Global's rooms and booths, generating a revenue of over $625,000,000 in just two years - this has led to many European nations and the USA and Canada attempting to pass legislation to ban their citizens from going to Namibia to commit suicide. Several Arab nations have enforced outright travel bans to Namibia. (Spain's attempt to become like Namibia and profit from "suicide tourism" fell quickly after failing to pass legislative hoops and intense public backlash.)

Namibia's tax revenue generated from this so-called "sucide tourism" is estimated to be in excess of $125,000,000. Experts say that if the current rise in suicide tourists to Namibia continues to skyrocket, over 1 million people will have committed suicide using Ascension AI Global by 2036.

Ascension AI Global has already been recognised as "a unicorn" with jaw-dropping valuations ranging from $6billion to $20billion.

Do you think something like this would become extremely popular, if it did become true/become reality?

edit on 10-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
NOTE TO MODS: I wasn't sure which was the most suitable forum for this thread, so please feel free to move it to any other forum as you see fit.

note to poster:
Mods will move you thread if needed even if you don't offer them "permission".

Sincerely,
ALL OF ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Just check into the Manhattan jail.....couldn't resist, sorry.

Suicide booths...why pay that much money? Where I'm from you already have assisted suicide paid for by the government.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Just check into the Manhattan jail.....couldn't resist, sorry.

Suicide booths...why pay that much money? Where I'm from you already have assisted suicide paid for by the government.

Peace

Ascension AI Global advertises "a pleasant and painless end"; "discreet services for achieving eternal sleep" etc etc.

Ascension AI Global is a for-profit corporation.

Ascension AI Global feels that $5000 is an affordable sum for most individuals from developed countries who wish to commit suicide suicide "pleasantly", "painlessly" and "discreetly".

Ascension AI Global believes that its state-of-the-art facilities and services are unrivalled.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
After a certain point in the simulation, there are log out points.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Mehhh...capitalising on somebodies misery. Gotta be a businessman for that stuff.

"Discreetly"?? How does that work, place you Iphone in the dockingstation and we'll send your loved ones a heartwarming standard farewell note...lol

From a business perspective it would seem unrivalled, from a humane perspective this isn't going to happen.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
How about a link to this story to show that you did not just pull this out of your backside?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

There isn't going to be a reliable source because our Nigerian prince only wants to let you know that you can still cash in on this business opportunity if you wire some cash their way...lol

Peace
edit on 10-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

As I thought, there is nothing to see here then. Now back to the coffee.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Lol...125.000 customers and 650.000.000 profit...no overhead, nothing. Sounds like nigerian math.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It could be possible only if the dead bodies are turned into a foods source like SOLENT GREEN. Endless food source?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This seems fake to me..

If someone is wanting/willing to pay for their suicide, I don’t think they are going with a booth.

It just seems like the worst of both worlds..

It costs money, when obviously suicide is free AND it is calling it a booth rather than “sweet” and they would by hyping their spacious rooms.. and selling the “5 star experience “.

A booth screams “we have soooo much business we have to section things off”..

I think your never marketing to people who want a booth.. those people don’t pay..

Your selling to rich folks..

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Lol...125.000 customers and 650.000.000 profit...no overhead, nothing. Sounds like nigerian math.

Peace

$650,000,000 revenue, bud. Tax to the Namibian government amounts to $125,000,000. "Other costs" (staff, admin etc etc) probably amount to another several tens of millions of US dollars.

So...you were the one who read it wrong. Revenue, not profit...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah you are correct. I totally missed that part...

So 125.000 satisfied customers already served..got a link?

Peace
edit on 10-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

This seems fake to me..

If someone is wanting/willing to pay for their suicide, I don’t think they are going with a booth.

It just seems like the worst of both worlds..

It costs money, when obviously suicide is free AND it is calling it a booth rather than “sweet” and they would by hyping their spacious rooms.. and selling the “5 star experience “.

A booth screams “we have soooo much business we have to section things off”..

I think your never marketing to people who want a booth.. those people don’t pay..

Your selling to rich folks..

Not necessarily. Someone on Walmart or Target wages could save up for example...

Not that expensive if you think about it, bud. And Ascension AI Global is especially stressing the "pleasure" factor as well...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

There isn't going to be a reliable source because our Nigerian prince only wants to let you know that you can still cash in on this business opportunity if you wire some cash their way...lol

Peace

If something starts with "It's 2034 CE", it's clearly a venture into the hypothetical.

My question following the quote asks for your opinions, not a grand discussion on the lack of empirical evidence for a hypothetical scenario/world. Hence why this is in "General Chit Chat" - or should it be somewhere else?
edit on 10-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
How about a link to this story to show that you did not just pull this out of your backside?

This hypothetical scenario requires no link.

It requires only your input.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oh come on...this is just nonsense...

If AI is going to be involved in suicide in the future it's going to be for the prevention of such. I could see how AI could help in that..

AI assisted suicide? Would that go againt the first rule of AI?

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Oh come on...this is just nonsense...

If AI is going to be involved in suicide in the future it's going to be for the prevention of such. I could see how AI could help in that..

AI assisted suicide? Would that go againt the first rule of AI?

Peace

Notwithstanding your point, the hypothetical corporation's name is actually "Ascension AI Global".

Nowhere in the above posts have I mentioned how Artificial Intelligence per se would play a part in this business; however that is not to say that Artificial Intelligence will not be a commercial success in this sphere of business.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join