It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Margaret Sanger Letter to Doctor C. J. Gamble 12-10-39

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

If it is a choice then why the first "choice" given to these women are "abortions" as many women/teenagers, including former abortionist doctors and nurses have stated?...

/smh

When a woman is pregnant..... who doesn't want to be pregnant.....

what ever colour she is ......surely abortion is not just the 'first' choice

but the only choice

Why is it that the large majority, 79%, of PP clinics are in minority communities?...

Surely speaks for itself

Would you open a Butchers shop or a burger joint in the middle of a

vegetarian area?

But to the contrary, in contemporary America, the rate of pregnancy among black women is almost three times as high as it is for white women and, though they make up less than 13% of the female population, black women have about 37% of the abortions. In other words, the family planning lobbys argument that they concentrate their facilities in minority communities because that is where the need is, cannot be reconciled with their long espoused claim about the connection between contraception, pregnancy and abortion. Seeing that they had painted themselves into this corner, their options were to either abandon the assertion that contraception is the way to reduce abortion rates, or reverse field and start denying that their facilities are disproportionately placed into minority neighborhoods. They chose the latter.

Contraception does reduce abortion however lax/improper use of

such leads to pregnancy and many women particularly the uneducated? or

minority? or poor? are in that catergory? (you cant legislate for stupid)

to answer your question .......

That is where the need is?

So you see, contrary to your claims and those of PP they do disproportionately target minorities, and most PP clinics and subsidiaries are in fact found in minority neighborhoods.

They are NOT disproportionately targeted.......

That is where the NEED is .

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: UKTruth

a woman who's life's work was to suppress and exterminate African Americans.

What a failure she must appear to be in your eyes, since she failed to suppress and exterminate any African Americans.

There it is... supporting Sanger and accusing those who call out her hate of being like her.
You made my point.
Thanks.

edit on 11/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Oooooh! Busted!

You got me! I support the work that Margaret Sanger did to bring dignity and equality to poor women, rich women, white, black and brown women, by fighting to make birth control legal, accessible and affordable!

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Could it be possible that she was a racist and a bigot (many people where at that time) who had impure motives and still brought about some important changes?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Oooooh! Busted!

You got me! I support the work that Margaret Sanger did to bring dignity and equality to poor women, rich women, white, black and brown women, by fighting to make birth control legal, accessible and affordable!

But you won't condemn (or even acknowledge) the evil plainly presented to you about her.

Why are you venerating the person? I get your support for those general social issues, but you can do that without defending her obvious and well documented flaws.

Hitler organized one of the most advanced anti-tobacco campaigns of its time. His scientists were among the first to link cancer to smoking. In fact, Hitler's government was one of the most health-conscious governments in the world, but of course with an aim to only protect their chosen race.

Link.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Look, you need to see the bigger picture. in 1939 eugenics was mainstream intellectual fodder. Darwin's theory of evolution and the catch phrases "survival of the fittest" and "natural selection" were all the rage in scientific, medical and social planning circles.

"Society must look upon the germ-plasm as belonging to society and not merely to the individual who carries it."

Study and Report on the Best Practical Means of Cutting Off the Defective Germplasm in the Human Population, 1912

Q. What is the most precious thing in the world?
A. The human germ plasm.
Q. How may one's germ plasm become immortal?
A. Only by perpetuation by children.
Q. What is a person's eugenical duty to civilization?
A. To see that his own good qualities are passed on to future generations provided they exceed his bad qualities. If he has, on the whole, an excess of dysgenic qualities, they should be eliminated by letting the germ plasm die out with the individual.

American Eugenics Society, A Eugenics Catechism, 1926
www.uvm.edu...

Historically, societies did not allow deformed babies to live. Poor women and widows committed infanticide so often that cities has specific dumping grounds for dead infants. Women were getting and self administering abortions. The infant and mother mortality was high. The United States was still mistreating First Nation people and blacks, looking for ways to keep their populations segregated and small.

Margaret Sanger was a nurse, an intellectual and an activist. She saw a problem and worked within the framework of the communities that had the influence to allow her to realize her goals, to get legal birth control and reproductive education to women of all social backgrounds.

Before Pearl Harbor, American corporations were on Hitler like Trump on Putin! They loved him and his policies. Prescott Bush? I'm looking at you! Metro Goldwin Mayer, Coca Cola and Dow Chemical prospered through their aide and support of Hitler. You can criticize Sanger for reaching across the pond and consulting famous German scientists, but you'd be hypocritical not to also condemn the USA for Project Paper Clip.

As far as Sanger's written statement on not wanting "word to get out" that they may want to exterminate the negroes, I think that's being misunderstood. I believe she was trying to say that they didn't want that perception to gain traction, because birth control isn't the same as gas chambers, nor does birth control, condoms, diaphragms and spermicide specifically, equal sterilization.

edit on 11-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Could it be possible that she was a racist and a bigot (many people where at that time) who had impure motives and still brought about some important changes?

THIS^^^

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

See the funny thing is I don't disagree with almost anything you wrote in that post. What I marvel at is your unwillingness to acknowledge that regardless of what that perspective was at the time, if it was bad, it was bad, and you shouldn't be afraid to express it or condemn anybody else for doing so.

It doesn't have to be a binary choice. Good people do bad things and bad people do good things.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
What I marvel at is your unwillingness to acknowledge that regardless of what that perspective was at the time, if it was bad, it was bad, and you shouldn't be afraid to express it or condemn anybody else for doing so.

They just did, in the post above yours.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Finally.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think they said it a few times before but while also pointing out the in-applicability in regards to the letter in the OP.

I personally see the sentence about "word getting out" as "rumors going round". That is pretty much all the OP is built around and, even if it was a Freudian Slip, it surely doesn't make Sanger the same as Hitler.

All I get is a schoolyard scene where one kid is getting back at someone and saying "How do you like it, how do you like it?"

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Except that NONE of the people you cited expressed any desire to exterminate a specific race nor did any have a plan to do so and executed that plan.

Except SANGER !!

Yep, you are KKK or have zero thinking or discernement skills.

Exposed...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What I marvel at is your unwillingness to acknowledge that regardless of what that perspective was at the time, if it was bad, it was bad, and you shouldn't be afraid to express it or condemn anybody else for doing so.

Based on what I've read from Margaret Sanger, I see no reason to accuse her of any evil, or anything bad about her work to make birth control legal and available to black and brown women.

If I was to condemn every example of wrong thinking in the past I wouldn't have time to do anything else. I just have to accept what was, as the it was and compare it to how it is, now.

Whether or not one is pro-choice or anti-abortion has nothing to do with Margaret Sanger, other than the clinics that she founded "Planned Parenthood, has evolved to take on the mantle of providing safe, accessible and affordable abortions, in addition to state of the art birth control.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Except that NONE of the people you cited expressed any desire to exterminate a specific race nor did any have a plan to do so and executed that plan.

I think that providing financing, product and service to Hitler is the same as supporting genocide, and many US corporations did exactly that.

Except SANGER !!

BS!
Margaret Sanger did not support the extermination of black people. She neither implemented nor participated in any plot to exterminate black people. Her "Negro Project" provided legal, affordable and accessible birth control, i.e. condoms, diaphragms and spermicide, to negroes.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I think they said it a few times before

23 posts and not until the last one does she acknowledge it.

Prior to that it was:

Margaret Sanger may or may not have been a white supremacist, but it wasn't racism that motivated her...

And even then she could only muster a single word.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but while also pointing out the in-applicability in regards to the letter in the OP.

Which is entirely debatable. Calling anyone 'rebellious' by definition requires that you see yourself as an authority that can impose control.

edit on 11-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Calling anyone 'rebellious' by definition requires that you see yourself as an authority that can impose control.

At least she didn't refer to those less likely to bow to white authority "uppity negroes"!

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That doesn't change my opinion that it was just a question of writing style and not the window into a planned genocide.

Even if it was a hint at a planned genocide, I don't really care. The OP is still a weak rebuttal to the accusations of racism by one side against the other.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Why? Is there that much of a material difference?

She was clearly racist. Her motives with respect to birth control in the black community are absolutely debatable.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The OP is still a weak rebuttal to the accusations of racism by one side against the other.

Which frankly for me is the basic subtext of this entire thread. I wonder where else we have seen that?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Her motives with respect to birth control in the black community are absolutely debatable.

Only if you think her motivation to get birth control to white women is also debatable.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join