It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Margaret Sanger Letter to Doctor C. J. Gamble 12-10-39

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

You don't seem to be learning from your mistakes it seems.

Assumptions much?

Even when proof is shown to you, from her own hand

It is not very well defined and many/most are too eager to misunderstand

I would have bitten off her hand for contraception in 1955.

that her views were simply evil and she wanted the sterilization of people with disabilities, or genetic disorders, or when you are shown that she wanted the extermination of minorities because of their race

Like I said earlier people are falling over themselves to hang her,missing out

a word or using a wrong adjective can alter the whole meaning of things.

your support for her seems to increase 10 fold... I wonder why that is...

Because I am a woman........

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: M5xaz

So, for you it's "Yay, Sanger and yay the extermination of Black people"

How do you figure that promoting access to condoms, diaphragms and spermicide equals the "extermination of black people?" How do you logically even get there? Sanger was opposed to abortion.

READ SANGER's OWN WORDS ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD:

We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the negro population

WHAT IS GROSS IS YOU IDOLIZE SANGER

Gawd, you are either KKK or dumber than a pile of rocks, and I am being unfair to rocks.
Chelsea, is that you ?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

a woman who's life's work was to suppress and exterminate African Americans.

What a failure she must appear to be in your eyes, since she failed to suppress and exterminate any African Americans.

She succeeded. More black babies are aborted than are allowed to be born.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Being a woman isn't a qualifier in an argument.
edit on 8 10 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So if Margaret Sanger is the personification of evil WHAT ARE THESE MEN?.....

Eugenics is essentially about the altering of genetics through engineering, the basic idea
being to eliminate certain traits from the gene pool.
The eugenics movement was launched
by Sir Francis Galton in 1904 and the term ‘survival of the fittest’ was advanced by
Herbert Spencer who argued that the so called ‘unfit’ were reproducing at a greater
rate
People with intellectual disability were among these ‘unfit’ and their continuing
reproduction was thought to somehow undermine or dilute the intelligence of the population.
They were in essence not fit to produce children

Supporters of eugenics based theories saw them translated into government policy and action
in several American states where sterilisation was practised freely on people with intellectual
disability and was also adopted by some European countries. By 1937 thirty one states as
well as Canada had enacted eugenic sterilisation laws enabling forced sterilisations to
be carried out with the aim of protecting the gene pool.

core.ac.uk...

As I have already said she wasnt alone in her views there are more men with

the same reasoning ...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

This isnt the a man Vs. woman thread.
You're not a victim. Calm down.
edit on 8 10 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Being a woman isn't a qualifier in an argument.

it is the answer to the question I was asked, O.K?

**your support for her seems to increase 10 fold... I wonder why that is...**

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Man, you have twisted that letter all to suit I don't know what. Read it again. She says they can lay their cards on the table better with black doctors than white doctors. Their ignorance and superstitions. She does not call them ignorant and superstitous but rather recognizes that they have ignorance on subjects and have superstitions. All people have ignorance and superstitions.

You have taken what she said looking for racism and you have found it, but only at the expense of our own ability to see beyond your own biases.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

...to my factual statement that Margaret Sanger did not promote, nor did she support abortion.

What?... lol...what in the world?...

Didn't you know that the nazis also made it a crime and said it was immoral to have abortions of healthy WHITE children?...
But they also liberalized abortion if the parents, including minorities, could prove their children COULD be born "defective."

Likewise Sanger's ideology was around her idea that "we need to better the race." She only speaks of "bettering one race," she never wrote "to better all races."

So why would she say that her programs were for the betterment of one race only?

In fact in 1909 she wrote the following.

Margaret Sanger, "Birth Control and Racial Betterment," Feb 1919.

Published article. Source: Birth Control Review, Feb. 1919. , Library of Congress Microfilm 131:0099B .

Birth Control and Racial Betterment
By Margaret Sanger

Before eugenists and others who are laboring for racial betterment can succeed, they must first clear the way for Birth Control. Like the advocates of Birth Control, the eugenists, for instance, are seeking to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit. Both are seeking a single end but they lay emphasis upon different methods.

Birth Control and Racial Betterment

Was she so "ignorant" that she didn't understand the concept that by talking about "bettering A race" she was leaving out other races?... Of course not, more so when within that same paragraph she states that eugenicists (which included the nazis) and others are/were seeking to assist "the race", as in one race only. When she wrote about "racial betterment" she was talking about just one race. Can you imagine what race she was referring to?...

Is there just A/one race in the world?

Why is it that she never wrote "the HUMAN race" but only wrote when talking/writing about racial betterment as "the race" or "a race"? It should be obvious as to why, she wasn't illiterate so feigning that she made the same error time and time and time again is to simply try to avoid the truth of her ideas and goals.

You can also read for yourself that in that same first sentence in the article I excerpted above she states that "eugenicists and others" must first clear the way for birth control. She makes no attempt at differentiating the eugenicists'(which included the nazis) idea on "the race" to her own ideas on "racial betterment" or "betterment for a race/the race." Why is it that she does not attempt at differentiating the idea of racial betterment of the eugenicists, including the nazis, and her own ideas on racial betterment? It should be obvious why.

Also, in her own view there is more than just birth control, and you can see what she is talking about more than just birth control when you read her letters, and even when you pay detail attention to what she wrote in at least some of her books.

Another "choice" (not really a choice in her mind) she talks about is "segregation" of what she calls all types of defectives, morons (which included political opposition to her views), idiots, prostitutes, criminals, etc.

To make case in point, and I quote, from a website in which a disabled woman wanted to find out the truth about Margaret Sanger:

Margaret Sanger’s Beliefs about Disability & Eugenics

Katrina Quarry.
(f) the whole dysgenic population would have its choice of segregation or sterilization.

Quarry was excerpting the above quote from Sanger's "My Way to Peace."

MY WAY TO PEACE

But there is a lot more in that particular article she published which shows she was a REAL white supremacist.

The main objects of the Population Congress would be:
(c) keep the doors of Immigration closed to the entrance of certain aliens whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race, such as feeble-minded, idiots, morons, insane, syphiletic, epileptic, criminal, professional prostitutes, and others in this class barred from entrance by the Immigration Laws of 1924.

MY WAY TO PEACE

She again mentions "the race," she doesn't mention "the human race" or "the races," even though we all know there is more than "a race/one race."

Katrina Quarry makes the following conclusion after making good points in her argument, and I quote:

Conclusion

To clarify, I am not here to speak on whether abortion and/or birth control is immoral or moral. That is a discussion for another day. I am here to simply point out that disabled people deserve to live, and that Margaret Sanger was not the heroine we are taught about in school. She should never be lauded as champion of womens rights. She is only a champion of able-bodied, healthy, andnormal women she believed deserve to exist. The rest of us- well, Sanger makes it pretty clear what should happen.

In another of her articles, "The Unfit" Sanger proves that she had in mind not only contraception but sterilization as well, and if "the unfit" did not want to be sterilized she called for total isolation of the unfit from the fit...

Margaret Sanger, " [The Unfit] ," n.d..

Typed draft article. Source: Margaret Sanger Papers, Sophia Smith Collection , Margaret Sanger Microfilm: Smith College Collections S73:0246 .

No final version or other information was found on this text.The added numbers appear in the margin of the document.

Social ↑Unemployed↓

One authority claims that out of our population of one hundred million only fifteen million can be regarded as intelligent. That eighty-five million have less than average mental capacity and compare to the youth of fifteen years--under this comes the morons, feebleminded, high grade imbeciles, then idiots, etc.

From this grade come paupers, prostitutes, criminals, tramps, inebriates, all tending to be born somewhat defective. The histories of some of the degenerate families have gone on record. Jukes in this country who in five generations produced 709 known descendants who were not only unfit but a constant and continuous danger and burden to society throughout the five generations.
Conclusion
In case of refusal such persons should have a choice of sterilization or isolation. Under no circumstances should the state allow such parents to cast their diseased and demented progeny upon society for the normal and fit to provide for.

Pensions could be offered to those complying to sterilization. It is part of the problem of today to reconcile the claims of the race with the claims of the individual. It is also hard to reconcile humanitarian ↑ism↓ and tremendous efforts to ameliorate disease, poverty, misery with race improvement.

Continued below

edit on 10-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Amazing. Its always what abouts and steering the conversation. Cant ever be wrong, gotta be right no matter how bad it makes you look. Lefties are so delusional its scary. I wouldnt have a conversation with anyone who 1st graded me and had to be right and you wrong even while defending a literal MONSTER.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

the 'real' gas chambers, or the 'replicas' on display?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I didn't realise this thread was about Nazi's?

I was under the impression it was about Margaret Sanger?

And Margaret Sanger included in her own newsletter the articles of known eugenicists, at least including one nazi doctor whom was the mastermind behind the holocaust...

I haven't read all her letter, articles, and published magazines so I can't attest as to whether Rudin was the only nazi she published.

originally posted by: eletheia
And the question I was addressing was......

**Again, more black babies are aborted than are allowed to be born. That's her legacy.**

Abortion is a 'choice' and not forced on any woman therefor if more

black babies are aborted it is the *choice* of more black woman .

If it is a choice then why the first "choice" given to these women are "abortions" as many women/teenagers, including former abortionist doctors and nurses have stated?...

Why is it that the large majority, 79%, of PP clinics are in minority communities?...

But to the contrary, in contemporary America, the rate of pregnancy among black women is almost three times as high as it is for white women and, though they make up less than 13% of the female population, black women have about 37% of the abortions. In other words, the family planning lobbys argument that they concentrate their facilities in minority communities because that is where the need is, cannot be reconciled with their long espoused claim about the connection between contraception, pregnancy and abortion. Seeing that they had painted themselves into this corner, their options were to either abandon the assertion that contraception is the way to reduce abortion rates, or reverse field and start denying that their facilities are disproportionately placed into minority neighborhoods. They chose the latter.

Virtually overnight, they went from claiming that they target minority communities with noble intentions to claiming that they dont target them at all. Then, to support this revised strategy, they began quoting a new report by the Alan Guttmacher Institute (AGI)showing that only one in 10 Planned Parenthood clinics is located in a minority community.

Next, the media began publishing articles citing these stats in which AGI was routinely characterized as an independent entity. This was obviously done to give the stats an aura of credibility. It was also done despite the fact that the American media is fully aware that AGI is not an independent agency but is, instead, the research arm of Planned Parenthood and receives funding from Planned Parenthood. In fact, Alan Guttmacher was once the president of Planned Parenthood and vice-president of the American Eugenics Society.

Racial Targeting and Population Control

As a matter of fact the conclusion of the research states, and I quote:

analysis & conclusion
The fact is that even a cursory scan of those column stakes the allegations of racial targeting made in Maafa 21 and transforms them into an observable and undeniable reality. The numbers are staggering. As just one example,consider Texas which has 94 Zip codes with at least one population control facility. Of those, only 22 are not disproportionately black and/or Hispanic. As the charts demonstrate, similar patterns are found across the country and they do not vary appreciably by the size of the state. In Connecticut – a state thoroughly dissimilar from Texas in size, culture and geography – there are 21 Zip codes in which population control facilities are located and only six are not disproportionately black and/or Hispanic.

Racial Targeting and Population Control

So you see, contrary to your claims and those of PP they do disproportionately target minorities, and most PP clinics and subsidiaries are in fact found in minority neighborhoods.

Here is the film, it is over 2 hours long thou.

edit on 10-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt, size of excerpt, and video link.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Continued.

Birth Control will solve the problem of the latter, while the former can only be settled in the individual’s conscience. It is the developed individual conscience guided by the sense of racial responsibility that such claims can be reconciled.

We should breed out the feeble minded families who have done and still are doing much social and racial damage. In mental defectiveness they may be classed into four groups-- 1.) complete idiots who merely exist, 2.) incomplete idiots with few and rudimentary ideas, 3.) imbeciles with limited and often perverted ideas but capable to being taught to read and write 4.) Weak or feebleminded who can be educated to a varying extent by special methods.

The Unfit

What in the world is "racial responsibility" that she mentions above?...

What is "racial damage" that she claims should be bred out?...

edit on 11-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
BTW, as Katrina Quarry, a disabled woman, states:

Those who would be labeled as dysgenic, according to Sanger, should have two choices and only two choices: segregation or sterilization. What does she mean by that? The dysgenics would be removed from society if they didn’t undergo sterilization. Where would they go exactly? Sanger has an idea:

(g) there would be farm lands and homesteads where these segregated persons would be taught to work under competent instructors for the period of their entire lives.

Meaning, these people would be sent to work camps and would not imprisoned there for their entire lives. She summarizes her proposal like this:

The first step would thus be to control the intake and output on morons, mental defectives, epileptics.

What Sanger is calling the “first step” is a plan that would remove anyone with a disability, who she classifies asmorons, mental defectives, (and) epileptics.

Then she wishes to control a second group she named “the unemployables.” Examples of which being: prostitutes, addicts, criminals, and uneducated people. Sanger’s very suggestion of segregation, camps, and sterilization shows that she sees the disabled and “the unemployables” as burdens that need to be cut loose. Her entire speech doesnt offer a hint of compassion for those she labels asdysgenics.Instead, it only outlines how to rid society of them.

Sanger goes on to state that “coralling” these people, presumably against their will, is justified, because it’s all about “defending the unborn against their own disability.” She wraps up eugenics in a pretty package, saying her plan is all about healthcare, not punishment. All the while, she is really just coming up with reasons to label less productive members of society as sub-human.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You need to accept and embrace history, and the truth that many beloved and laudable people were eugenicists.

I agree with you if you mean, as I suppose you do, that society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce their kind.

Theodor Roosevelt

It is the possibility of happiness, intelligence and power that give life its sanctity, and they are absent in the case of a poor, misshapen, paralyzed, unthinking creature.

Helen Keller

The way of nature has always been to slay the hindmost, and there is still no other way, unless we can prevent those who would become the hindmost being born. It is in the sterilization of failures, and not in the selection of successes for breeding, that the possibility of an improvement of the human stock lies.

HG Wells

You must all know half a dozen people at least who are no use in this world, who are more trouble than they are worth. Just put them there and say Sir, or Madam, now will you be kind enough to justify your existence? If you can’t justify your existence, if you’re not pulling your weight, and since you won't, if you’re not producing as much as you consume or perhaps a little more, then, clearly, we cannot use the organizations of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us and it can’t be of very much use to yourself.

George Bernard Shaw

The unnatural and increasingly rapid growth of the Feeble-Minded and Insane classes, coupled as it is with a steady restriction among all the thrifty, energetic and superior stocks, constitutes a national and race danger which it is impossible to exaggerate. I am convinced that the multiplication of the Feeble-Minded, which is proceeding now at an artificial rate, unchecked by any of the old restraints of nature, and actually fostered by civilized conditions, is a terrible danger to the race.

Winston Churchill

We've come a long way, baby!

edit on 10-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: www.ncregister.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Anyway, the original article in this thread shows the link between Margaret Sanger, and fellow eugenicist Clarence J Gamble, a rich and very influential man whom used his fortune to implement Margaret Sanger's and his ideas. Gamble was also director of Margaret Sanger's "American Birth Control League," which later became known as "Planned Parenthood."

Gamble was a heir to the Proctor and Gamble fortune and a major financial backer of Sanger’s.

Gamble was also a director of Margaret Sanger’s American Birth Control League, which later changed its name to Planned Parenthood.
In 1947, Gamble called for the expansion of North Carolinas States sterilization program saying that for every feeble minded person sterilized, 40 more were polluting and degrading the bloodlines of future generation with their defective genes.

Research from North Carolina’s Winston-Salem Journal reveals a long history of abuses in the N.C. sterilization program — abuses that Gamble consistently glossed over. According to the Journal,Gamble wanted sterilizations to increase rather than decrease, and increase they did.

But merely wanting the sterilizations to happen was not enough for this Margaret Sanger supporter. Clarence Gamble put his money where his eugenics views were and actually funded the North Carolina Eugenics Board that sterilized many blacks, including 14 year old Elaine Riddick.

Link

Sanger never repudiated Gamble for this because gamble's ideas coincided with Sanger's ideas.

If any of you had watched the movie Maafa 21 you would have found that words like "feebleminded," "unfit," "imbecile", etc were code words used originally by eugenicists to describe black people.

Below is the story of one of the black people whom was forcefully sterilized at 14 years old, Elaine Riddick, because of Gamble and Sanger. Riddick became pregnant after being raped when she was 13 years old. When her son was being delivered they sterilized her at the same time.

What's more, the eugenicists told Elaine's grandmother, whom Elaine states was illiterate and didn't understand what the eugenicists were talking about, that if she didn't sign with an x a consent form she would not receive anymore any supplements or welfare. Elaine's grandmother had no choice but to sign the document with an x and Elaine was sterilized.

Below is part of the horror story that Elaine was put through by eugenicists, and which is linked directly to Margaret Sanger and Clarence Gamble.

Elaine narrates that she didn't know she had been sterilized until she was 19 years old, and then she asked the "State of North Carolina" and they told her that she was sterilized because she was feebleminded, that she would never learn how to tie her shoes and she would be incompetent.

So you see, when Margaret Sanger, Gamble and other eugenicists were talking about the "feelbeminded," the "imbecile" etc, they are/were describing mostly black people, which is why Sanger talks so much about "race betterment," or the "betterment of THE race."

BTW, there were other code words used by eugenicists whom were worried about what races were coming from certain places in Europe, and the word "moron" was first conceived "as an insult" by an eugenicist, Henry H. Goddard, to describe certain Italians, and other Europeans whom had undesirable race traits.

edit on 11-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What is the point of this thread? Some on the left idolize a racist, probably more than one. Some on the right also idolize racists.

"They are just as bad as us", seems like a pretty worthless argument to make. Neither side looks good.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What is the point of this thread? Some on the left idolize a racist, probably more than one. Some on the right also idolize racists.

"They are just as bad as us", seems like a pretty worthless argument to make. Neither side looks good.

The point is that MOST of the left idolize a real white supremacist and they/you are continuing her legacy and that of other monsters. Planned Parenthood continues to target minorities, and you all in the left still applaud them as if they were heroes.

Most in the right do not idolize a racist...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Pretty sure there were some racists among the founding fathers. Those guys are idolized. Maybe you don't want to see it because it might harsh your mellow.

ETA: I'm not a leftist and you should already know this. I don't care one way or the other about Sanger so you can save the "you are continuing her legacy" and "you all in the left still applaud them" for someone else.
edit on 11-8-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So I guess this gives us the green light to tear down Planned Parenthoods in the middle of the night right? I mean whats good for the goose and what not? Right? Shouldnt be anybody opposed to that....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join