It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Margaret Sanger Letter to Doctor C. J. Gamble 12-10-39

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

who wrote about ‘extermination of the black race’

Margaret Sanger never wrote about the extermination of the black race.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Margaret Sanger...hmmmmm…
I seem to remember someone receiving a 'Margaret Sanger Award', not too long ago...WHO was that?

OH...WAIT!...found it!

------------------------------------

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Breakthestreak

who wrote about ‘extermination of the black race’

Margaret Sanger never wrote about the extermination of the black race.

As a factual matter she did.

edit on 10-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: loam

It blows my mind that you can't comprehend how our cultural perspectives have changed since 1939.

LOL, no, you really said this!!!

BWahahahahahahaahahahaha

But we need to disavow and remove any references to our founding fathers who had ties to slavery. Because they knew how racist they would look in 2019, they just didn't care.

For the slow: Cultural perspectives were a bit different in the early 1700's as well.

lefties sure are on fire as of late.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yeah. I know you anti-woman's reproductive rights folks want to believe that when Margaret Sanger wrote about "word getting out", that she meant that "word" was her truth betrayed, and that she really wanted to murder as many blacks as possible, not that that "word" might be based on unfounded rumors circulating throughout a superstitious and ignorant community filled with doubt. Or, did you missed the part where she talk's about black people who are steeped in ignorance, superstition and doubt, and how they won't share those fears with a white doctor, but will with a black doctor.

The Negro Project wasn't a secret plot to exterminate black people. It was an open attempt at educating and supplying the black community with condoms, diaphragms and spermicide. The "truth" is, condoms, diaphragms and spermicide don't equal to racial extermination.

edit on 10-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
But voter id laws ARE racist?

Got it

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But we need to disavow and remove any references to our founding fathers who had ties to slavery. Because they knew how racist they would look in 2019, they just didn't care.

When did I ever say any such thing? I've never advocated for removing references to our founding fathers. I just admit that they were racist. I understand that our country is steeped in racist culture. But, that cultural view has slowly and gradually evolved, from the Civil War and the Emancipation Proclamation, the 13th Amendment, Jim Crow laws, segregation and voter suppression to the Civil Rights Act and marches in Selma to last year's Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville.

While Margaret Sanger may or may not have had white supremacist ideals, there's nothing racist about trying to get birth control to black communities, as well as to white communities equally, which is what she did. What she never did was commit genocide or attempt to exterminate black people.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It blows my mind that you can't comprehend how our cultural perspectives have changed since 1939.

lefties sure are on fire as of late.

I'm just sittin' in the peanut gallery watching the Olympic Gold Medal-level mental gymnastics. It's so over the top it seems fake, like wrestling even. Entertaining as hell though!

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

...you anti-woman's reproductive rights folks...

Like all of your magical thinking, do you mind sharing how you think you know my position on that topic?

I can't help but wonder if you write to deceive or to merely protect yourself from a changing world view.
edit on 10-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

As has Pelosi...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Some of us knew this years ago. Don't bother trying to educate a Leftie though, been there tried that. It is an exercise in futility.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Maybe that's because in this thread you've accused Sanger of genocide, accused her of writing about black extermination, compared her goals, to provide birth control to black women, to Nazi gas chambers, all of which leads me to believe that you feel that way about her work to bring equal rights to women by arming them with contraception. Ergo, you must be anti woman's rights and against birth control and contraception.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

As usual, you'd be wrong again.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

When did I ever say any such thing? I've never advocated for removing references to our founding fathers. I just admit that they were racist. I understand that our country is steeped in racist culture. But, that cultural view has slowly and gradually evolved, from the Civil War and the Emancipation Proclamation, the 13th Amendment, Jim Crow laws, segregation and voter suppression to the Civil Rights Act and marches in Selma to last year's Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville.

While Margaret Sanger may or may not have had white supremacist ideals, there's nothing racist about trying to get birth control to black communities, as well as to white communities equally, which is what she did. What she never did was commit genocide or attempt to exterminate black people.

I'll offer you a chance to not be my pet project. If you never once offered an opinion on the statue issue, you are good to go. But if you did, saying so now, would be wise.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Knock it off Sookie. I am Pro Choice but the founder of PP, Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist and a racist. That the Left and Dems celebrate her as some sort of hero is revolting.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well, here's your opportunity to defend the lead up to women being legally allowed to use birth control and your hatred for Margaret Sanger, who spearheaded the project to do so, and how you believe she really wanted to and also managed to commit genocide and exterminate black people, by getting birth control to them.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Round and round

We’re gonna see this clown in EVERY “see, see, Trump is a racist” thread saying “see, see, Trump is a racist” when there is ZERO racism to be found. (Trump is not a racist by ANYONES definition)

And yet, defending ACTUAL racism at every opportunity.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'll offer you a chance to not be my pet project. If you never once offered an opinion on the statue issue, you are good to go. But if you did, saying so now, would be wise.

I have no stance on the statue issue, other than if I was a black person living in the south, I wouldn't want my children to attend a school named after a celebrated slave master. But, I don't live in the south or anywhere near where people are dealing with that situation. I think it's up to each community to decide how they want their community represented through the names of schools, roads, parks, statues, etc.

Like I said, I readily admit that America is steeped in a history of racism and our culture is still rich with its effects. I have read nothing that would make me believe that Margaret Sanger was a white supremacist, but she may have been. However, that doesn't have anything to do with how she worked to get birth control legal and available to all women, rich, poor, white, black and brown.

There is no way, with any stretch of the imagination, that one can equate Sanger's fight to get birth control to black communities with a genocidal act.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I am Pro Choice but the founder of PP, Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist and a racist.

And yet, her mission was to get birth control to all women, rich, poor, white, black and brown.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Could you imagine if they (lefties) try to twist her words, by saying it was a different time while not adherring to the same train of thought with the constitution.

I can see them doing this

LOL, that is exactly what many claim, or that "that is only a conspiracy theory created by the right..." To them it doesn't matter that we have her own writing that says she was a white supremacist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join