It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Margaret Sanger Letter to Doctor C. J. Gamble 12-10-39

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
A new "why I'm not racist, and they are" thread a few times a day screams of a guilty conscience.

Real racism slips on through because of comments like this.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Damn

I had never heard of this lady but after 20 min of googlefu I cant believe the left put her on a pedestal.
She was basically about Eugenics and it appears that history has spun her story so that she was all about womens rights.

Margaret Sanger's slogans were: "Birth control: to create a race of thoroughbreds" and "More children from the fit, less from the unfit. That is the chief aim of birth control."

She advocated giving genetically inferior groups in our population their choice of segregation or sterilization.
Sanger invited Hitler's top racial advisor, Eugen Fischer, to lecture in the United States while Lothrop Stoddard, one of Sanger's advisors, went to Germany to meet Hitler.

History has been very kind to her it would seem

They created the klan, why wouldn't they put her on a pedestal.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I know little to nothing about Sanger other than her name. So when I came across this thread offering to ''prove, once and for all that she was a racist'' I just had to look into her a little bit so that I could join in all the fun people here are having that indeed she was. So I like other here went to find other information about her.

So I searched with the words ''was Margret Sanger racist .

Here is the very first thing I opened and read.

Margaret Sanger, as a young public health nurse, witnessed the sickness, disease and poverty caused by unwanted pregnancies. She spent the rest of her life trying to alleviate these conditions by bringing birth control to America. During the early 20th century, the idea of making contraceptives generally available was revolutionary. Contraceptive usage was considered a distinguishing feature of the 'haves.' In recent years, some revisionist biographers have portrayed Sanger as a eugenicist and a racist. This view has been widely publicized by critics of reproductive rights who have attempted to discredit Sanger's work by discrediting her personally. The basic concept of the eugenics movement in the 1920s and 1930s was that a better breed of humans would be created if the 'fit' had more children and the 'unfit' had fewer. This concept influenced a broad spectrum of thought, but there was little consensus on the definitions of fit and unfit. In theory, the movement was not racist--its message intended to cross race barriers for the overall advancement of mankind. Most eugenicists agreed that birth control would be a detriment to the human race and were opposed to it. Charges that Sanger's motives for promoting birth control were eugenic are not supported. In part of her most important work, "Pivot of Civilization," Sanger's dissent from eugenics was made clear. By examining extracts from her books, the author refutes the notion that Sanger was a eugenicist. Another unsupported argument raised by the anti-Sanger group was that Sanger, in her position as editor of "Birth Contol Review," published eugenicists' views. It would be more accurate to say that the review covered a wide range of opinions and research; the eugenicists views were included because they conferred respectability. David Kennedy, author of "Birth Control in America," does Sanger a grave injustice by falsely attributing to her the quotation: 'More children from the fit, less from the unfit--that is the chief issue of birth control.' This quotation should be attributed to the editors of "American Medicine." The only area Sanger is in agreement with the eugenicists is in her belief that severely retarded people should not bear children. Several authors, including Linda Gordon, argued that Sanger's interest in providing contraceptives to black Americans was motivated by racism. This notion is entirely misconstrued by distortions of language quoted by Sanger. Rather than wanting to exterminate the Negro population, Sanger wanted to cope with the fear of some blacks that birth control was the white man's way of reducing the black population.

PMID: 3884362

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The final sentence in this article addresses the ''extermination'' question raised by the quote from the letter.

'' Rather than wanting to exterminate the Negro population, Sanger wanted to cope with the fear of some blacks that birth control was the white man's way of reducing the black population.''

Given the real life knowledge that white slave owners had fought against freedom for the black race, held their parents and grand parents as slaves and the continuing racism towards southern blacks of that day it is not a surprise to consider that contraception could be seen as an attempt by the white people to exterminate them.

I find this to be a reasonable understanding countering the proof '' once and for all that she was a white supremacist. ''

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Eugenics was very popular in 1939, which is why Margret Sanger was as successful as she was in making birth control available to women.

She couldn't have done what she did, in founding Planned Parenthood, without mainstream politicians, doctors and religious leaders backing her project.

Yup, she was so good that even Hitler commended her. Wait, does that mean you have to disavow now?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Margaret Sanger did not advocate for, nor did she support abortion. She advocated for birth control as a deterrent for abortion.

www.redstate.com...

So, too, with woman’s struggle for emancipation. Women in all lands and all ages have instinctively desired family limitation. Usually this desire has been laid to economic pressure. Frequently the pressure has existed, but the driving force behind woman’s aspiration toward freedom has lain deeper. It has asserted itself among the rich and among the poor, among the intelligent and the unintelligent. It has been manifested in such horrors as infanticide, child abandonment and abortion.

While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization.

Human society must protect its children–yes, but prenatal care is most essential! The child-to-be, as yet not called into being, has rights no less imperative.

To each group we explained simply what contraception was; that abortion was the wrong way—no matter how early it was performed it was taking life; that contraception was the better way, the safer way—it took a little time, a little trouble, but was well worth while in the long run, because life had not begun.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Keep defending this racist piece of #.

It's good look.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And yet I bet you have greatly benefited from the advent of birth control, haven't you?

A lot of people were racist, like our founding fathers who saw fit to classify non-white folks as 3/5ths of a human being.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So she isn’t racist for writing about wanting to exterminate the black race, but somehow, by some extreme gymnastics, opposing ILLEGAL immigration IS racist??
Speaking about rodent infestation IS racist??
Exposing anti-American congresswomen IS racist??

Oh I get it. This is clown world, right?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I laugh in the face of these leftists who defend ACTUAL racism while pathetically INVENTING claims of fake racism where none exists.

So does the entire population of the country

As you can see by the severe lack of support for leftist ideology and policies

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Democrats have hated the idea of America right from beginning and want to sow discord and manipulate their way to ultimate power.

But that is not going to happen. And our prayers go to the man destined to put America back, and those lowlife demons in jail.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Margaret Sanger did not invent birth control. She only promoted it as a means to control the black population.

The progressive era did a lot to damage this nation. People like you just accept these organizations as a matter of national institution.

You ignore both the results and the purpose behind the efforts of these organizations and excuse it because some aspect of it was beneficial.

Margaret Sanger was a racist eugenicist early Progressive. It is her institution, Planned Parenthood, that serves her goals to great effect today.

Again, more black babies are aborted than are allowed to be born. That's her legacy.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Eugenics was very popular in 1939, which is why Margret Sanger was as successful as she was in making birth control available to women.

She couldn't have done what she did, in founding Planned Parenthood, without mainstream politicians, doctors and religious leaders backing her project.

So, for you it's "Yay, Sanger and yay the extermination of Black people"

Says all we need need to know about you

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Wow so you are actually going there...
You are disgusting if you think that is all ok.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Margaret Sanger did not invent birth control. She only promoted it as a means to control the black population.

She championed it, not just for black women, but for ALL women. We are a better society because of it and her.

You ignore both the results and the purpose behind the efforts of these organizations and excuse it because some aspect of it was beneficial.

I have posted quotes of Sanger's opinion on birth control and documented how her goals were made reality. The fact that society was awash in racism, and racist individuals saw a benefit in providing birth control to what they considered "unfit" or lesser people, was a happy byproduct of their racism. Millions of black women's lives have been saved due to Margaret Sangers effort to get birth control to them.

Again, more black babies are aborted than are allowed to be born. That's her legacy.

Again, Margaret Sanger virulently opposed abortion. She advocated for birth control as a deterrent to abortion.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

So, for you it's "Yay, Sanger and yay the extermination of Black people"

How do you figure that promoting access to condoms, diaphragms and spermicide equals the "extermination of black people?" How do you logically even get there? Sanger was opposed to abortion.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So just to be clear,

Sanger was not a racist but the President IS.

Have I got that right?

(Jesus fcuken christ)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
So just to be clear,

Sanger was not a racist but the President IS.

Have I got that right?

(Jesus fcuken christ)

Welcome to the Brave New World.

Dystopia had arrived to America.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

And yet I bet you have greatly benefited from the advent of birth control, haven't you?

A lot of people were racist, like our founding fathers who saw fit to classify non-white folks as 3/5ths of a human being.

I'm going to repost that last bit in every thread you participate in claiming someone on the right is racist.

Your posts blow my mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Imagine being so dense and so thick that you think it’s somehow “racist” to tell a Somalian congresswoman to go back where she came from and fix her own country.

And then claim a eugenics advocate (who was personally endorsed by Adolf Hitler) who wrote about ‘extermination of the black race’ isn’t really a racist because “everyone was racist back then”.

Almost as dumb as claiming it’s somehow “racist” to require voter ID.
Or that it’s somehow “racist” to enforce immigration laws.
Or that it’s somehow “racist” to call a sh#thole a sh#thole.

The OK symbol
Chick fil a
A fricken frog meme
Rodent infestations
Homicide statistics

In fact. Is there even ONE single individual thing (apart from actual racism of course ) that the moronic left DOESNT call ‘racist’??

edit on 10 8 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It blows my mind that you can't comprehend how our cultural perspectives have changed since 1939. Margaret Sanger didn't live in a racist bubble, and she couldn't have spearheaded the "Negro Project", that strove to educate the black community about birth control and quell fears that birth control was a white man's plot to exterminate their population, and to get birth control to black women, without white supremacists', TPTB of the time, approval.

Margaret Sanger may or may not have been a white supremacist, but it wasn't racism that motivated her to get birth control to black women and white women, everywhere. There was no "Negro Project" plot to exterminate black people by dispensing birth control.

Margaret Sanger isn't responsible for systemic racism in the US Military, the Tuskegee Experiment, Jim Crow laws or the Klan lynchings of black activists in the 1960s.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join