It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Margaret Sanger Letter to Doctor C. J. Gamble 12-10-39

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Strange, i just picked up a random name and did a search to see what eugenics program he started, nothing came up.

I searched for: "Ephram F. Morgan eugenics" And nothing, zero, nada.

edit on 16-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

just picked another name randomly and again nothing came up when searching: "Theodore Christianson eugenics." Even their biographies don't say anything about eugenics.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So from where did you get that list? i keep searching for different names and "eugenics", or "sterilization" and nothing comes up.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Sangers goals were to provide legal accessible sex education and birth control to all women, of all colors, cultures and social circles.

Nothing Sanger did promoted genocide of any race.

Sangers was a racist, a white supremacist who was into "racial purity," and to this day you left-wingers idolize her and continue her legacy of murder. Women don't get power by murdering their unborn or newborns. How many millions of children have you denied the right to live and instead sentenced to death?

These days many of you make false claims about "USBP/ICE are puting children in cages," which is false since Obama/Biden did the same, yet you all ignore the millions of children you have denied their right to live. Sangers made you believe that "killing the unborn/newborns makes women powerful," meanwhile you all ignore her racist past and the reason she wanted eugenics implemented in the U.S.

Those of you in the left are so desensitized to the evil of abortions that many of you now say it's more than okay to murder newborns whom survive abortions and are born alive. In fact you leftists even celebrated the laws passed in states like New York as if it was something to celebrate at all.

edit on 16-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am adding this link www.uvm.edu... I have it set for west Virginia the Governor at the time was Ephram F. Morgan you can look up any/all the states it says when the bill was signed into law and how many were sterilized..The Governor names are not mentioned..but as I said below look up the date and look up see who was governoer when the bill was signed

as you have found googling...there is NOT very much into that comes up so I MADE this list...you can google a state and the date....Minnesota April 24 1925 . I took the state and the date the bill was signed into law..then I looked up each state to see who was governor at the time because they would be the one to sign it into law I found a PDF history of Minnesota eugenics

collections.mnhs.org...

go to the fifth page 2nd paragraph under the photo in the right column.....

it says "On April 8 1925, Governor Theodore Christianson signed a bill making Minnesota the seventeenth state to legalize eugenic sterilization..The law permitted the sterilization of a feeble minded person committed to state guardianship, or an insane person who had been hospitalized for 6 months"

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

So from where did you get that list? i keep searching for different names and "eugenics", or "sterilization" and nothing comes up.

edit on 17-8-2019 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2019 by research100 because: added more info and another link

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Let's dig in a bit closer and see what can be ascertained from all of this.

I chose two Governors from 1929 randomly.

West Virginia and it's Republican governor Ephram F. Morgan.

In total, 98 individuals were sterilized in West Virginia under its compulsory sterilization law.

www.uvm.edu...

If we scroll down a bit we also find this.

Precipitating factors and processes

Given that the West Virginia sterilization law drew its legitimacy directly from the affirmation of legality of compulsory sterilization and the Virginia Sterilization Act through the pro-sterilization ruling of the United States Supreme Court in the infamous Buck v. Bell case, sterilization in West Virginia failed to gain significant momentum. According to the American Neurological Association, slowness in sterilization in the state could be attributed to the complexity of legal process required in the state law (Paul, p. 535). With the exception of the sterilization “revival” in the mid 1950s (50 operations between 1954 and 1956) caused by an influx of requests to sterilize from superintendents of institutions to the State Board of Health, the rate of sterilizations per year remained below ten (Paul, pp. 535-8).

www.uvm.edu...

What's more, you give starting dates, but don't take into account that compulsory sterilizations weren't constant and didn't start on those dates the law was written on compulsory sterilizations.

From the graph in the above link we find this.

So the compulsory sterilizations did not start in 1929, but rather began in 1933. So the law was written in 1929, but it wasn't implemented until a Democrat was governor.

In March 4th 1933 is when the administration of Democrat governor H. Guy Kump began, and that's the same year when compulsory sterilizations began. From 1933 - January 13, 1969 ALL governors were Democrat. So the compulsory sterilizations occurred under Democrat rule.

In contrast in North Carolina ruled in 1929 by Democrat governor Oliver Gardner.

Over 8,000 sterilizations were approved by the Eugenics Board of North Carolina. The total number of victims actually sterilized is estimated to have been over 7,600 (Winston-Salem, “Lifting the Curtain on a Shameful Era”).
Process of the Law

Under the sterilization law, the North Carolina General Assembly gave the governing body or executive head of any penal or charitable public institution the authority to order the sterilization of any patient or inmate whose operation they considered would be in the best interest of the individual and of the public good. It also gave the county boards of commissioners authority to order sterilization at the publics expense of anymentally defective or feeble-minded resident upon receiving a petition from the individuals next of kin or legal guardianoutside state institutions (State Library, “History”, p. 1) - thus applying potentially to every resident in North Carolina.

www.uvm.edu...

On contrast in North Carolina with a Democrat governor there were over 8,000 compulsory sterilizations, and they were not just conducted in mental institutions, but was also "applied potentially to every resident in North Carolina."

From the above link we find this graph.

Both were governors in 1929.

However, from 1905-1973 ALL governors of North Carolina were Democrat. From then on almost every year it was split from Democrat to Republican, and back and forth.

List of governors of North Carolina

According to "wikipedia" in the 1970s compulsory sterilizations began to decline.

1971-1977

In the 1970s the Eugenics Board was moved around from department to department, as sterilization operations declined in the state. In 1971, an act of the legislature transferred the EBNC to the then newly created Department of Human Resources (DHR), and the secretary of that department was given managerial and executive authority over the board.[13]

en.wikipedia.org...

So we can't be certain of when was it that compulsory sterilizations began to decline and whether under which governors the decline occurred.

So we can see by the above more in depth information that you can't simply give a date of when laws of compulsory sterilizations began with the governor of that state on that same year since the enforcement of those laws might not have happened until years later when another governor was in place.

edit on 17-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join