It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang theory wrong? Star older than Universe discovered - threat of ‘scientific crisis’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I'd like to hear explanations. Maybe they will estimate the universe is a lot older. Maybe they will speculate advanced aliens transferred a star and solar system from one universe to our universe. To cause a whole star system to travel that distance would be amazing. I've only imagined other universes in a dream. However if there is no indication the star has unusual properties, then it likely came from our universe and scientists earlier ideas about the age of our universe were wrong.

One far out theory could be a star popped into this universe from a collision with a parallel universe that is much older than this universe. I'm going to guess scientists will rework the age of this universe unless the data doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: DustybudzZ
How can something that is infinite just pop into existence? Just curious.

Obviously GOD did it.

Went Snap of a finger, and hey ho, here we are.

Why are idiots so hung up on bashing a theory? It's open for debate, you know.. hence the word theory. Science is not fact as much as it's discovering facts. A wrong bit here, a new bit there, it goes on. Not like religion, which is YOU WILL ADHERE.

Nah, easier to just claim it's wrong and run with some fallacy, call everyone wrong for 'BELIEVING' something.

Look out, god's watching you...
edit on 10-8-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
The tabloids seem to have picked up a six year old story, and they didn't mention there was an 800 million year margin for error when estimating the star's age. Plus how accurate is the age

of the universe really?

Shhhht

the children are having fun!

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Allow me to introduce to you my religion i created after many drinks. In the future, a corporation invents time travel, at which point, it goes back in time to re-establish civilization with the current knowledge that it had, in the distant past, to advance itself further into the future. We are iteration 2 of this, and because of of the multi-verse theory, you find different iterations of humans passing through our space-time.

As a result, eventually there is an iteration that is so advanced it creates god like beings(from our perception). these beings go back to the beginning and use the Big Bang paradox to create elements itself. (think of a matter bomb, that instantly converts, absorbs, and harnesses time itself to create matter via taken matter from the future and sucking and absorbing the matter via massive gravity into itself. The bombs takes billions of years to suck enough matter up to establish a chain reaction, so they seed them various space-times take existing matter to eventually create the new universes. You know them as black holes.

So as a result, each black hole is a seed factory to establish a new universe in a different dimension.

For only $500 dollars, you can become an apprentice in the Church. If you can recruit 50 people, for another $500 dollars, you can become a knight. Once you have recruited 5000 people, I, being the royal highness known as Epop, shall bestow the title of Defender of the realm, and shall invite you to meet other defenders as well.

Yes, I did have a hang over the next morning, however a religion is born, a corporation shall be formed, and civilization shall advance. What say you traveler, shall you send your token gift of $500 to advance the cause?

Camain

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Big Bang theory Is just a theory, it could very well be completely wrong. We are a very young race, who are barely sentient. What we don’t know could fill a galaxy.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Big Bang theory Is just a theory, it could very well be completely wrong. We are a very young race, who are barely sentient. What we don’t know could fill a galaxy.

You are correct. It is "just a theory" BUT, it is a scientific theory, which is different than my theory that cats are our overlords. The difference is a scientific theory is based on evidence leading to a conclusion. On the other hand, I have no verifiable evidence that cats are our masters, it's just my hypothesis. Yes, the BBT could be completely wrong, and new evidence may require revision, but that's the nature of science. As new evidence presents itself, we adjust our understanding. At least, ideally...

I agree with the second half of your post. What we don't know is astronomically greater than what we know at this point.
edit on 8/10/2019 by Klassified because: too wordy

edit on 8/10/2019 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Well: with all of that cash flowing in, you're gonna need a new official bank.
Ta da!
Am pleased to offer you a partnership in the bank of Nothin.

We will rake-in the cash, and only distribute promissory bank notes, marked: Bank of Nothin.
On the back of the notes it will say: "This note is good for Nothin".

(PS: there was a thread on this old news 3 days ago: ATS: Big Bang Theory Wrong? Star Older Than Universe Discovered
edit on 10-8-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Successfully disproving an established theory isn't a scientific "crisis", it's a scientific breakthrough that is celebrated by all.

Most people bashing the scientific method have absolutely no idea what the process is and lack the imagination required to understand why people pursue it.
edit on 10-8-2019 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Egoismyname

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
It is said that Chuck Norris built the hospital he was born in, but that’s Chuck Norris

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
That is just not true.

Chuck Norris gave birth to himself...

Absolutely Incorrect. Both of you. Undeniably, there was a big bang. And Chuck Norris was the prototype for it.

I love it. Could his middle name be Mobius?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This 'older-than-universe' Star... could very well be traveling towards us... faster than the Universe is 'expanding'

IOW'ds…
the Unique, huge Star was born in a region of space that is Beyond the 14 Billion Light Year window of the Observable Universe
and has in the past 14+ Billion years of life
traveled 'backwards' towards our Milky Way Galaxy instead of traveling Away from the Milky Way
---the Only Star to be doing this ---

Possibly because the 'older-than-universe-Star' was flung from the fringes of a Black-Hole Accretion Disc (event horizon) which was located beyond the 'Observable Universe' horizon... back into our telescope range, which must be very Fast Paced

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join