It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Gere boards migrant ship stuck in the Mediterranean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Richard Gere boards migrant ship stuck in the Mediterranean

Source 2

Gere, 69, is reported to have boarded the ship some 31 miles from the island.
The US actor helped bring food and supplies to the boat and asked for support for the ship, whose passengers include nine-month-old Ethiopian twins.
"Everyone is doing okay now," Gere said in a video released by Open Arms.

A spokesperson for the European Commission said they had contacted member states "asking them to show solidarity" but that no member state had requested coordination.

Because they always want Italy to accept these migrants. If anything the EU is always showing a fake
solidarity.

Why is there a leftist celebrities/actors like millionaire Richard Gere jumping on the NGO human trafficking encouraging, preaching open borders and demanding Euporie, Italy to accept more African Migrants into their nations?

don't worry the NGO Open Arms isn't stuck at all, this is their usual tactic the use of blackmail against the Italian gov in order to force the ports to be opened and load the migrants.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I bet that made HIM feel real good about HIMSELF.

Typical, it's no different than religious confession from decades ago.

I saw pictures of this, I felt a small amount of pity for him.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Was this a ship full of immigrant gerbals?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just look at all those women and children suffering in those photos, breaks your heart doesn’t it.

What I want to know, and this is a serious question, if these people are genuinely fleeing war and persecution why are they leaving their families behind?
What kind of man flees and leaves his mother, sisters, wives, girlfriends behind?

We are left with 2 options
1) there is no immediate danger and these men are at best economic migrants or
2) they are feckless cowards who will gladly abandon their families at the chance for a better life for themselves.

I say sink the boats as we find them and let the word spread that Is the fate of working with the people smugglers who want you in Europe.
Sure a few hundred will die but if it stops the boats it will stop the over 1800 who drown in the Mediterranean every year, from a mathematical perspective it’s the humane thing to do

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Could have been better.

If Steven Segal had boarded the ship he could have killed all the bad guys and brought the ship to a safe and welcoming port to a hero's welcome.

Could have been worse.

If Tom Hanks had boarded the ship they would have had boiler explosions, pirates, navigation problems, bad weather, and probably an asteroid headed their way.

What's Richard Gere going to do? Sleep with the ship's prostitute?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Just look at all those women and children suffering in those photos, breaks your heart doesn’t it.

What I want to know, and this is a serious question, if these people are genuinely fleeing war and persecution why are they leaving their families behind?
What kind of man flees and leaves his mother, sisters, wives, girlfriends behind?

2) they are feckless cowards who will gladly abandon their families at the chance for a better life for themselves.

I say sink the boats as we find them and let the word spread that Is the fate of working with the people smugglers who want you in Europe.
Sure a few hundred will die but if it stops the boats it will stop the over 1800 who drown in the Mediterranean every year, from a mathematical perspective it’s the humane thing to do

You bring up logical points, I can refute them all in one statement....

You're Racist.....

Done, discussion shut down...did I do that right?

Seriously though, in 20 years, it's going to be amusing to all those that will all of a sudden be "awakened" to reality.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I mean seriousley...who the heck gives a %$#& about what an actor has to say?

Eff Gere, his opinion is his own, it doesnt change mine or anyone elses.

Seriously, eff any and all so called celebs opinions
edit on 10-8-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Is Richard Gere going to let them stay at his house...

Pat Sajak’s tweet mocking celebrities for telling people how to live and think

Pat Sajak

As you probably know, we celebrities are uniquely qualified to tell you how to live and what to think, and I take that responsibility seriously. I’m working hard, and I expect to have my list of rules available in a week or so. Meantime, just do your best on your own.

edit on 10-8-2019 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I agree with you, all these middle eastern & african "migrants" (invaders) are almost entirely male, reproduction age, fighting age, etc. Their age isn't so bad if they intend to work, but that displaces a native and brings all wages down.

Add old Dick Gere to the list of the commies who doesn't care about national sovereignty.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Lol

Go fix Africa

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

10 points

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
First thing I looked up was did he quit high school or college. Most of these do-gooder actors quit one or the other.
He quit college. Couldn't even finish his lamo philosophy degree.

If he would have finished that degree he would have come to the rational conclusion that helping the thousands of homeless not to far from his home in LA is a much much better use of his time. No wasting time and money on plane tickets and ocean travel. Just wake up and help people. He could help a lot more people than on that boat in about 10 minutes everyday if that is his calling in life.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Was this a ship full of immigrant gerbals?

I thought Dick was rushed to the hospital because a hamster he was using as a sex toy, ran too far up his colon?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
But guise think of his bleeding heart.

He has to make amends for the 1980s.

F E E L S

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

At the same time some boss of Schalke04 got suspended from his duty because his comment we should help Africa and build powerplants was declared "racist".
While public opinion shifts because another African killed an 8 Year old boy at a train station.

So what do we do? We can't talk about helping Africa, the migrants we take in become or are criminals and real people are really dying because their life is or seems to be hell.

I completely understand Italy and Salvini, it's just too much they're 132% of their BIP in depth and all the rest of Europe does is talk, but god forbid not about the real issue because that's racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Lol

Go fix Africa

Succinct and perfect! What more needs to be said?

It’s good of this guy to go out of his way if it saves lives that are in immediate danger. After all some/many(?) of these people are pawns pushed from one reprehensible abode to another. I mean, who in their right minds wouldn’t want to better their own personal/family’s living conditions if possible. It ain’t really their fault.

But... if Gere really wants to save lives, then how about focusing upon what makes their homes so bad that they’ll risk their own and their children’s lives to leave. If it’s too scary to go to Africa and campaign against the corruption and violence (and lets be honest, it’s far too scary for the vast majority of us), then at least focus your rhetoric upon these villains and the rich countries that encourage them, rather than the overcrowded port nations that are struggling to cope with the inflow.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

As I said to JK Rowling on her twitter the other month "If you want to help these people then give up one of the many bedrooms in your house and take them in. If you really think they need help, if you believe they need to have safe haven then take some into one of your many homes with the large bedrooms and put your money where you mouth is otherwise shut up".

I'm so tired of celebs preaching and then running back to their homes and living behind large walls and locked doors expecting the rest of the world to take in millions of migrants and illegals into their homes and streets. Time to put up or shut up. Those are the choices that they have and they need to pick one. To many celebs pretend to help but in reality are probably worse.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

What a monster! He should go golfing instead of helping people. Or at least posing for some photos with babys lost their parents with a big smile and thumbs up! And then back home have a pee in his golden toilet.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

At the same time some boss of Schalke04 got suspended from his duty because his comment we should help Africa and build powerplants was declared "racist".
While public opinion shifts because another African killed an 8 Year old boy at a train station.

So what do we do? We can't talk about helping Africa, the migrants we take in become or are criminals and real people are really dying because their life is or seems to be hell.

I completely understand Italy and Salvini, it's just too much they're 132% of their BIP in depth and all the rest of Europe does is talk, but god forbid not about the real issue because that's racist.

First of all, he wasnt suspended he only lay down his duty for three months, and second read his statement before posting rubbish. What he said was racist. And it was a slap in the face of some very popular schalke players with african roots. By the way, africa is huge and some countries are booming and others not, because of their criminal government or big companys robbing them.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Say hi to the homeless and poor you invited to your house. But you are right, we need more hate, acting human is for pussies. Take your gun, make love with it, and then post hateful statements on rowlings twitter account and feel like a real hero. Or maybe you take a rest and think about being human and kind.
edit on 10-8-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join