It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you give up your guns for...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is what the corrupt do. Promise you everything and give you nothing. Never give up a constitutional right . Once freedom is lost it is lost forever.
a reply to: Tempter

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: roadgravel

serious punishments are handed out for gun crimes, yet rape gets a couple years in many cases...

Not enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Why would you ask me about immigration.... when the topic is guns?
Don't you care about what it is that makes me want to own a gun in the first place?
Is your version of fairness.... you take my gun and everything else stays the same... as it pertains to why I wish to have a gun?
Are you willing to support executing violent criminals 30 days after conviction?
Protecting myself against violent people is my sole purpose for owning a firearm... I have a feeling that the fewer violent criminals there are..... the fewer people there will be owning guns.... just a hunch.
I do not wish to live in an America where Murderers, Rapist, stabbers.. buglers and carjackers are ever allowed to cause harm again...... and I would prefer to spend the money they cost the taxpayer...... on helping kids fund their education.

I am willing to support things that allow you to feel safe..... Believe it or not, I do want you to feel safe, but it can not come at the expense of my ability to defend myself or my family.
We can both feel safe.... if that is truly the goal..... but I am skeptical of your intentions.

Your idea of making schools safe..... is locking drug dealers, gang members, violent thugs.... and worse, in a building with the kids who just want an education..... and your cure is to take the gun from a guy who hasnt saw the inside of a school in 30 years.... maybe its just me, but I do not have a lot of faith in your reasoning.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Your premise is incredible flawed. The topics of firearms laws and immigration systems functioning or broken have nothing to do with each other. Australia and New Zealand have restrictive firearms laws in comparison to the U.S., and skills based immigration systems. I have never come across any Australians or Kiwis who connect immigration directly to firearms laws.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

No, you would ban 98%of modern rifles for nothing, heck if the Republicans put forth a halfway decent bill on immigration reform I bet it would pass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join