It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you give up your guns for...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I have a proposal for you. Note, it's a proposal for you only, and not Congress as they would never take it up.

Here's the proposal:

Republicans:
Would you agree to a semiautomatic rifle ban if the tradeoff was a reworked immigration system which eliminated chain migration, anchor babies and cut out most seasonal worker passes?

Democrats:
Would you be willing to lose the growing Latino votes for a complete ban on semiautomatic rifles?

I think it's an interesting question because if there's one thing our two great parties have forgotten about is the ability to compromise.

So, I put the question to you. Well?
edit on 9-8-2019 by Tempter because: Typing on mobile

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

No.
Why should I give up anything?
Is asking for existing laws to be enforced really asking for to much?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Would you be willing to give up free speech if murder was illegal?

Oh, wait. Murder is already illegal. And hell no I won't give up my damn rights.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Once you've compromised rights then they stop being rights.

Sorry but your premise is fundamentally flawed.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Here’s my proposal:

Republicans: Rework the immigration system, build a wall and remove all who are here illegally.

Democrats: Deal with it — and keep your grubby little hands off my guns. You’ll make them dirty.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No
Just No
HELL to the NO
Both are protected by the US Constitution and Federal Law.
You know , the stuff that matters.
Not some loony-loon Democrats in Congress.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Absolutely not. Have you ever had to draw down on a charging bear, lion, or boar, to name a few.

I know you city dwellers only have to contend with dodging cabs, but in the great state of Jefferson, we have big ol mamma bears with cubs lions and wolves to contend with. I cannot hit all 7 wolves, or 20 boars without one...do you understand?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hey, here's an idea.
Get back to me when the Democrats are willing to consider a total ban on abortions.

I wont be holding my breath waiting for that to happen....

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The world is far too complex to give you a reasonable answer, but I agree that Nothing should be given up.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Rights are inalienable. One cannot give them up. They can be infringed upon, but not surrendered.

Ban all the guns, confiscate them, throw everyone in chains and silence them. The right still remains.

Too many people misunderstand this concept.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

NO!!!!!!

(1) If the laws already in place were enforced we wouldn't have these illegal immigration problems to start with!

(2) The US Constitution guarantees my right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED which means what arms I own are nobody's business- ESPECIALLY the govt!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ahhh, another pro conservative response I can't star! never happens to leftist comments though...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Conservatives have already made the decision to give up some of their gun rights for the opportunity to serve Trump as their god.

His already banned bump stocks... Next on his list will be semi-auto rifles.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Conservatives have already made the decision to give up some of their gun rights for the opportunity to serve Trump as their god.

His already banned bump stocks... Next on his list will be semi-auto rifles.

I go to the ol' Trump altar everyday to give my blessings to Trump. I light some incense, caress some beads, chant a mantra, and load my guns. Yessir.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

And we wont give them up. If the Supreme Court would get off their ass and hear any number of cases, this coversation would be done.

Either way, I wont, nor anyone, of the decent people I know...give up our right to defend ourselves and family.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Guns are for protection, why would anyone ban semi -automatic rifles? The problem here is that your asking the Right to give up a right, but you are only aking the left enforce Federal law. I can promise you that free speech causes more harm than guns, maybe we should give up that right

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

mmm caressing beads

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No , without Our Second Amendment Rights , Americans Citizens would Become Extinct , Destroyed by Tyranny . Those who Wish to Accomplish this will Only End Up Meeting their Maker . The God Given Right of Self Preservation Supersedes ANY of Man's Laws .....

Not Freedom from Choice , but Freedom Of Choice ...........

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
Guns are for protection, why would anyone ban semi -automatic rifles? The problem here is that your asking the Right to give up a right, but you are only aking the left enforce Federal law. I can promise you that free speech causes more harm than guns, maybe we should give up that right

Finally, someone with an argument.

But what's more important, that you have a semiautomatic rifle or a nation of solidified culture?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Pandora's Box is open,
edit on 9-8-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join