It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...And This Is Why You Don't Buy Another Team's Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.espn.com...

Wide receiver Antonio Brown has told the Oakland Raiders he will not play football again unless he can wear his old helmet, league sources told ESPN on Friday.

eague sources also told ESPN that Brown's recent absence from Raiders training camp has more to do with his helmet than with his feet. He suffered extreme frostbite on his feet as a result of not wearing appropriate footwear when he entered a cryotherapy chamber last month in France, a source told ESPN.

The helmet that Brown is comfortable in and wore throughout his nine seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers -- believed to be the Schutt Air Advantage helmet, which the company has discontinued making -- is no longer certified by the National Operating Committee for Standards and Athletic Equipment.

The NFL has a policy of not allowing players to wear helmets that are not certified by NOCSAE, and the committee's rule has been that no helmets older than 10 years can be worn.

Somewhere in Latrobe, PA... at a fairly small liberal art's college's football field, Big Ben Roethlisberger just burst into uproarious laughter. This primadonna wide receiver who issued a "him or me" ultimatum to the Steelers because of Roethlisberger dared call him out for a lack of effort and heart, and ended up getting his wish and being traded away from Pittsburgh. The dude doesn't even manage to play a single preseason snap with his new club before he acts like a totally distracting little bitch. He freezes his feet in an ice bath... he regularly flaps his lips about how he could leave the game anytime he wishes, now he threatens to quit if the league won't let him wear his raggedy ass decade old dome cap. Hell, at this point the league should grant him his wish, let the dumbass lineup with one of the old leather brain buckets if he wishes to, it's not like he has anything overly valuable inside his head to protect from injury.

I'll be honest, as a Bronco fan born and raised, I hate the Raiders. Seriously, like despise the Raiders. If I had a choice between seeing the Raiders win a Superbowl or slowly inserting fish hooks under my fingernails, I'd have bandaged hands for a couple of weeks. That said, I've always sort of liked John Gruden. He's one of those guys who seems to be good people, funny dude, personable, brings a clear love for football and respect for traditions of the overall game to everything he does. Chucky doesn't deserve this crap... he took over a dumpster fire of a team, but it was a dumpster fire that had been burning for well over a decade and was running low on fuel. He could have turned it around, but now it's looking like they've just added several bags of dried dogcrap to the fire and everyone in the league gets the privilege of watching it burn even hotter.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I will never understand why teams hire players that have had problems their whole careers.
Like these fools will behave with your team when they couldnt with the last three.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I live in Pittsburgh, am a life long Steelers fan, and gotta say good riddance to that guy. Sure he was an All Pro, but he almost ripped the Steelers apart in the locker room......selfish, self absorbed to the extreme, and didnt give a damn about his teammates. When I heard he was going to the Raiders, I just lol'd, and had feeling it would be a total train wreck

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Also, there is no way he is leaving the game. The guy is REALLY bad with money. Rumors were abound around town that he was trying to get his roster bonus in advance last year because he was broke. This contact will help with that, but if he keeps it up, it might be the last big contract he ever gets

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I can solve the problem with three words: one year contracts.

It happens in ball Sports all over the world. These pseudo superstars get multiple year contracts, Multi million dollar contracts and nine out of ten of these athletes phone it in after that, because screw the rest of team I'm rich.

One year-no performance, no contract extension, Simple. The brass needs to realise buying a cherry and putting it atop of a dog turd won't change the fact that is still a dog turd. They are the one percent and act like it, it causes disharmony, resentment, and that effects results on the field.
edit on 9-8-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You mean you're still watching NFL football?
I haven't watched a single game since the initial kneeling incident happened.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Yeah, I picked it back up last year. Patrick Mahomes is ridiculously fun to watch, and I'm admitting that as an avid Cheif hater.

I'm not financially supporting the league, especially considering I dont even have regular TV and stream whatever game I want to watch via questionable methods. I am comfortable in my decision.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They want to win...you go after the best players to do so sometimes

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Steeler fan here...

Hahahahahahahajaha!!!

Ok now that's out.. I think it's actually more to do with his feet and he's using the helmet to deflect.

I wonder if he's trying to save his wallet somehow. That's who he is.

Come on nfl though... I mean here in PA we don't have to wear motorcycle helmets. Make him sign a waiver that he cannot ever sue over head injuries and be done.

top topics

join