It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration stands with Monsanto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well you may prefer that I not talk about Round Up Ready Crops,
or for that matter Glysophate use in farming.

Fact is a a large percentage of crops that are not even Round Up
Ready GMO Monsanto patented crops are grown in soil that
is sprayed with Round Up.

Honestly, the only reason you wouldn't talk about food and
Glysophate together in a thread about Monsanto and ROUND UP
would be to limit people's knowledge of the danger in exposing
themselves to the toxic pesticide three or more times a day.

One could avoid spraying their lawn, pull weeds and
then eat some GMO food three times a day and what
would be their exposure one vs the other?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Honestly, the only reason you wouldn't talk about food and Glysophate together in a thread about Monsanto and ROUND UP would be to limit people's knowledge of the danger in exposing themselves to the toxic pesticide three or more times a day.
You just can't stay on topic, can you? Once again, this is about labeling it as a carcinogen.

One could avoid spraying their lawn, pull weeds and then eat some GMO food three times a day and what would be their exposure one vs the other?
I don't know. Why not do an experiment?

Or just avoid soy and corn products. Oh but then you still have to watch out for clopyralid, 2,4-D, quinclorac, dicamba, 4-CPA, picloram, imazamox, pentachlorophenol, and triclopyr, among other things.
www.fda.gov...

edit on 8/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I doubt if the EPA or FDA could be compromised by corporate needs like profit. Regulatory agencies have the interest of the citizens foremost in their mind. If we can't trust them to keep us safe from harmful products; who can we trust.

Oh yeah!
They are as straight as Eliot Ness and the Untouchables.
For sure!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Monsanto is complicated.

Though they do monopolize crop genetics. Their technology helps feed millions of people around the globe yearly.

The op is merely playing off of people's animosity they already have towards Monsanto and trying to redirect it towards Trump. Took me all of 2 seconds to notice that.

Sorry OP swing and a miss...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Glyphosate does not directly cause cancer, it contributes to cancer growing though. California requires a label saying it is possibly a carcinogen, but does not say it causes cancer. Europe did not ban glyphosate, but does stipulate a tighter control over it's use than here in America.

I would like to have the chemical banned, I lack an enzyme to detox it correctly, but only one in maybe twenty people have this genetic trait. I can have a little in my diet, because there are some alternate pathways that can detox it somewhat. I have lowered consumption, my father had brain cancer and died from it and he sprayed DDT in our fields. I actually like the taste of foods better without pesticides and Herbicides bittering them out.

I won't blame any political party for this, the Democrats would not pass a law either, it seems no politicians want to get into a pissing match with Monsanto or Bayer.
edit on 9-8-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah Im not a fan but blaming the Trump adminstration for what EVERY us president and elected officials have done for decades : cozy up to Monsanto

Now that being said they heavily favor the GOP in giving out bribe err campaign contributions but this is not some new thing they just started with the present admin

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I guess you’re unaware that Monsanto has been in bed with every administration for awhile now. People that have been on the Monsanto board of directors have been from many gov agencies, they include the EPA, FDA, DOJ, Clarence Thomas, Donald Rumsfeld, McDonald’s and the list goes on. This is not a Trump issue as they’re trying to make it out to be. Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Agree 100%
It amazes me people think trump is actually trying to improve life for the masses. Dead wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

and this is what trump wants to bring to a Post Brexit UK

no #in thanks

keep your death chemicals USA

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have a friend gardener that loved Round up. Now cancer/parkenson's combo. His gardening days are over, he shakes so bad he can't even make a PB&J basically an invalid .....just sayin. Was it round up...his lawyers and doctors think so!!
edit on 13-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join