It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration stands with Monsanto

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Secretrooster
This is proof Trump doesn’t give a crap about the average person. It’s all about business and money.

I think it also can be said the average person doesn't give a crap about all the Monsanto hate. If they did, then the company would never have had the consumer market shares they did to become one of the largest companies in the nation... Seems to me that Trump is listening to the average American here rather than pandering to the loudest minority groups.

Monsanto And our government has been sweeping it under the rug. That’s why the average person doesn’t know about glysophates dangers. We should be able to depend on our government to work in our favor and not a corporations.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well here are a few facts for your folder.

It is very SIMPLE science.

Glyphosate has been shown to destroy our beneficial gut bacteria.

Our gut bacteria is the place in which essential amino acid Tryptophan is produced in our body.

Without Tryptophan we cannot produce seratonin ( Regulates blood sugar) and insulin.

Without insulin we develop diabetes.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Round Up ( Glysophate ) has been linked to cancer, and diabetes.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases
www.mdpi.com...

Pesticides are an agricultural chemical suspected to be a significant contributor to a global diabetes pandemic. The purpose of this study was to confirm previous findings of the link between diabetes and some agricultural pesticides and to identify the particular pesticides that are most likely to pose a risk of diabetes in the community.

The weedkiller is also linked to liver disease, in current studies.

It’s in the Weeds: Herbicide Linked to Human Liver Disease Exposure to glyphosate, the primary ingredient in the popular weed killer Roundup, correlates to more severe cases of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease

health.ucsd.edu...

Just for starters, not even taking into account the disastrous effect
on pollinators.

edit on 9-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Gish galloping now?

But what does that have to do with the fabrications you have presented so far? Not to mention the topic of this thread, which is that the EPA under Trump doesn't want California to say that glyphosate causes cancer?
edit on 8/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So your trying to say I am off topic by talking about the
toxic effects of ROUND UP?

The topic of the thread is MONSANTO correct?

Oh, but you think Monsanto is evil but Trump is more eeeevil
because he is President, and the EPA has not labeled the toxic
weedkiller that no other president has labeled either?

And California won't label it yet because of Monsanto's lawsuit,
a CALIFORNIA judge wont allow it to be labeled, but
President Trump is bad?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So your trying to say I am off topic by talking about the
toxic effects of ROUND UP?
That, and that gish galloping sucks.

The topic of the thread is MONSANTO correct?
Yeah, and the Trump administration. But as I pointed out, there's no such thing as Monsanto anymore.

Oh, but you think Monsanto is evil
I do? Can you quote me please?

And California won't label it yet because of Monsanto's lawsuit, a CALIFORNIA judge wont allow it to be labeled, but
President Trump is bad?
Well, it makes sense to hold off on the labeling while to suit is in progress because if the EPA wins there will be a bunch of product on the shelves that will have to be removed because of the labels. And you are correct that I don't care much for Trump.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well, you were against labels for GMO foods,
so why are you for labeling again?

Or...or your not for labeling but Orange Man Bad?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well, you were against labels for GMO foods,
Not so much against it as thinking it's a dumb idea. Still think so. Still think that voluntary "non-GM" labelling makes more sense. Great for marketing too.

so why are you for labeling again?
Remind me where I said I am. But GM labeling is off topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well you tell me. Iif you are not
for labeling, why is Trump bad for not
being for labeling?

edit on 9-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I guess the simplest solution would be not to use weed killer on your yard.

*shrugs*

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

why is Trump bad for not being for labeling?
I have no idea. I didn't say he is, nor did I say the EPA is.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But GM labeling is off topic.

No, no it is not.

You can't talk about ROUND UP without talking about
Round Up Ready Crops, this is not a court of law.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Secretrooster

Seriously? People are so goddamned stupid now that they need the government to tell them weed killer may contain chemicals disadvantageous to human health? Really now? Holy crap, next we'll need Big Brother to tell us we need "Caution, may be hot" warning lights on stoves.

The government has been working in our favor here... some people really, really don't want a yard full of weeds and are too lazy to manually remove them, thus: Roundup. The beauty of the free market, ya?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

People are so goddamned stupid now that they need the government to tell them weed killer may contain chemicals disadvantageous to human health?
That's not exactly what this is about though. Have you read the warnings on RoundUp or any other pesticide or herbicide. They make it quite clear what the known dangers are as well how to properly use them.

This about a label which says glyphosate causes cancer. Something which is far from having been established by research. Yes, there are several court cases which have been decided in favor of the plaintiff, but as I said earlier, I prefer such things to be decided by science rather than by a jury.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You can't talk about ROUND UP without talking about Round Up Ready Crops
Sure you can. I don't grow crops, RoundUp ready or otherwise, but I do use RoundUp. I'm probably like a lot of people in California in that regard. See, no need to talk about crops at all.

But this is what I actually said

But GM labeling is off topic.

This is about herbicide labeling.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Seriously? People are so goddamned stupid now that they need the government to tell them weed killer may contain chemicals disadvantageous to human health? Really now? Holy crap, next we'll need Big Brother to tell us we need "Caution, may be hot" warning lights on stoves.

The government has been working in our favor here... some people really, really don't want a yard full of weeds and are too lazy to manually remove them, thus: Roundup. The beauty of the free market, ya?

Unfortunately, the majority of people believe what is told to them. The EPA and Monsanto have been saying it’s safe. Which it obviously isn’t.

So who does it benefit to not require labels? The people or Monsanto?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

People are so goddamned stupid now that they need the government to tell them weed killer may contain chemicals disadvantageous to human health?
That's not exactly what this is about though. Have you read the warnings on RoundUp or any other pesticide or herbicide. They make it quite clear what the known dangers are as well how to properly use them.

This about a label which says glyphosate causes cancer. Something which is far from having been established by research. Yes, there are several court cases which have been decided in favor of the plaintiff, but as I said earlier, I prefer such things to be decided by science rather than by a jury.

I actually agreed 100% with something you said earlier in the thread, for whatever that rarity is worth. California has a serious problem with overlabeling. Literally everything ever speculated, imagined, or halucinated as being a potential carcinogen in California gets that stupid "this product contains XYZ, which has been found to cause cancer in the state of California" label. Making that label worthless anyway, moreso when it is often based on a jury's findings rather than any science.

www.acsh.org...
Trump's EPA is actually in step with scientific findings to date on this.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the majority of people believe what is told to them. The EPA and Monsanto have been saying it’s safe. Which it obviously isn’t.

In relation to the glyphosate issue, your definition of "obviously isn't safe" seems a bit self indulgent.
www.acsh.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The EPA and Monsanto have been saying it’s safe. Which it obviously isn’t.
It's obviously not safe to drink or bathe in, which the label pretty much covers already.

As far as causing cancer? That's not quite so obvious.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
campaignforaccuracyinpublichealthresearch.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This is proof Trump doesn’t give a crap about the average person. It’s all about business and money.

The Democrat House of Representatives needs to pass a Bill to outlaw glysophate !!!!! 😎

That'll show em

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I doubt if the EPA or FDA could be compromised by corporate needs like profit. Regulatory agencies have the interest of the citizens foremost in their mind. If we can't trust them to keep us safe from harmful products; who can we trust.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join