It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex English Rugby Player Makes American Football Look So Easy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Former Wasps Rugby Union Player Christian Wade, has hopped over to The U.S. to give American Football a try ( no pun intended on the word " try )

First game he played for The Buffalo Bills he,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well see for yourself.

I like how they call Wade a " Rugby Superstar " when back in England he was just an average player, and won only one England Cap.

NFL ? It's like a big girls blouse.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
One game, one play....big deal.
Let's see how he looks after a whole season.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
One game, one play....big deal.
Let's see how he looks after a whole season.

After one season he will probably be even better, and make it look even more easy.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A scrub makes a play against other scrubs.

His country rejoices.

LOL

Explanation-

This was both teams first game of the preseason. The play happened in the fourth quarter. In the first game of the preseason, teams play their starters at most one quarter.Nowadays teams will play their starters only one series, however long that takes, and not the whole quarter.

So the backups come in before the first quarter is over. Extrapolate from there. By the time we get to the fourth quarter the players playing are people who most likely will not make the team. At the end of preseason teams get cut down from a 90-man roster to a 53-man roster.

Not to take away from the play. But the talent level the play happened against, was not the cream of the crop.

But rejoice. Still a good play.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

His country rejoices.

Not quite.

It's more taking the piss.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I saw good linemen...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here is the reason this "American" prefers rugby over US football

Comparison of American football and rugby league

And Wayne "Buck" Shelford .

US football players sit out several games due to a "stubbed" toe .
Read about Buck

edit on 8/9/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The masters at work. I can't say they would dominate American football, but they would hold their own better than American footballers playing rugby.

260lb charging down a field, metal springs on the boots which are allowed to be used. The crunch of bones and flesh colliding at speed.

A culture that has ingrained sacrificing your body for the team and being afraid of no one because "the bigger they are the harder they fall".

No padding, no acting, no mercy.

edit on 9-8-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Why aren't they using halberds?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Apart from superficial similarities, American football and rugby are completely different games. The players are athletes and tough, so are in a good position physically to play both sports.

A good example of difference is in tackling. In rugby tackling is highly regulated, which is why players don't wear protective kit and helmets. You will be sent off for a dangerous tackle, such as barging someone, and you can only tackle the person with the ball. In American football, while I am sure you can be sent off for dangerous play there seems to be less prohibition, plus you can tackle (or block, is it) other players.

The fact that may players who play American football end up with brain injuries is telling, and scandalous if it was not for the vast amounts of money covering up such inconvenient truths.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

England wouldn't play with them, they already met that force.

edit on 10-8-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think padding and the helmet gives some players a false sense of safety, They hit the other team so hard thinking they will probably be fine,
It must be strange for a rugby player in the NFL at first. Going from only being allowed to pass the ball backwards to , Going forwards most of the time, Also the Offensive and defence teams changing.
Will there ever be a world cup for American Football, Playing teams from the rest of the world,
I hear great things about the London Silly Nannies,

top topics

join