It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 Campaign Contributions Breakdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
We now have the data for candidate contributions, ending with June of this year, so these figures cover exactly the first half of the year. To get the July numbers in will take a bit more work and time, but it will be at the same FEC link. And once they're in, you can click on each person and find out how much they gave and where and how it was reported, down to what line on the form. This is the most up to date listing of contributions you can find.

First, I'm going to post the images and links and then below enter some of my commentary. The comments will be minimal and will not be partisan; the order of candidates is data based, from highest contributions received to lowest.

Sanders, Bernard

Buttigieg, Pete

Warren, Elizabeth

Biden, Joseph R Jr

Trump, Donald J

Ok, now onto the breakdown. The Total Contributions are listed in the top section and are broken down to itemized and non-itemized. Some candidates also have transfers from authorized committees and some don't, but those are not individual contributions anyway. Those can be transfers from SuperPACs, lobby groups, national conventions or corporate fundraisers, or money left over from previous years and saved for the future campaigns.

Individual contributions is what we're looking at, and how many people contributed, specifically. Out of the contributions, not all of the work has been done and we won't have full information for a while yet, but a large portion has already been itemized. Some of the unitemized may eventually become itemized and give us a better breakdown.

Bernie Sanders raised $36.2m in the first 6 months. Out of that $8.3m has been itemized and $27.8m has not yet. If we look at and click on the itemized contributions, we can see that 277,678 people gave that $8m sum, which breaks down to an average $30 contribution per person.

Pete Buttigieg raised $32.3m in the first 6 months. Out of that $16.5m has been itemized and $15.8m has not. 95,441 people have given Pete that itemized 16 million, for an average donation of $173.

Elizabeth Warren raised $25.2m and out of that $8.2m are itemized. The 8 million were donated by 153,943 people for an average donation of $53 per person.

Joe Biden raised $22m in the same time frame. $13.7m is itemized and $8.3m is not. The itemized portion was given by 44,427 individuals for an average donation of $307.

Donald Trump raised $16.1m in the same period. $8m is itemized and $8.1m is not. A total of 147,257 individuals contributed the itemized amount for an average $54 donation.

Interesting to look at how many people are supporting each person and how the donations break down. To me, Biden sticks out with an over $300 average contribution, which means a lot of wealthy democrats want him. A lot of the same old, same old.

What surprised me is that Buttigieg is at $173 average. That means he is not liked by as many as we are told, but is being groomed by the wealthier democrats.

Warren and Trump draw about the same type of donations at $53 and $54 average. And unsurprisingly, Sanders continues to be the choice of the people... poor people that is. $30 a pop. Very many pops though.

Edit: If people have time, as I don't after writing this, go to the same link and pull and post the data for other candidates, if you please. I wanted to do Harris, Inslee and Yang, but ran out of time.

edit on 9-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Go Bernie!!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Go Bernie!!

Yeah I can’t wait til they steal the nomination from him again and we get to watch him roll over and support the thief.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Go Bernie!!

Yeah I can’t wait til they steal the nomination from him again and we get to watch him roll over and support the thief.

Not a Berni fan but he will get shafted again just like Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

He should at least hold out for a yaht this time. He has enough houses.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I like looking deeper like Bernie basically gets a huge chunk from California, New York then it drops to Washington . He doesnt look to have wide state by state financial support.

Donald 's first on the list at $5000 was the NRA

Kamala 7,500,000 in California big chunks in Florida, Georgia and elsewhere

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What does any of this matter, when the winners are already selected and there is no voting when it comes down to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: confirm3
What does any of this matter, when the winners are already selected and there is no voting when it comes down to it.

SO who are the winners ? Still time to make a prop bet

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

www.axios.com... are these the july numbers? trump at 26.6 million,sanders at 25.7,butiledge 24.9,biden 22.9,warren at 19.2. axios link also covers the senate and house but trump seems to be the over all winner of fundrasing and got a pretty good head start

Why it matters: President Trump raised more money than any other candidate for a second straight quarter, according to fundraising reports filed Monday with the Federal Election Commission, but even with Democratic contributions split among a wide field of candidates, top candidates are demonstrating they can compete with Trump in the money race. Still, the president's fundraising declined from the previous quarter, from $30.3 million to $26.5 million. Meanwhile, Democratic competitors like Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg increased their fundraising totals and narrowed the money gap between themselves and Trump. But, but, but: Trump had a head start, and he still has a far larger war chest than any potential opponent.
so there that is

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I refer you to this map: static01.nyt.com...

From the NYT article, 6 Things We Learned About the 2020 Race From Our Fund-Raising Maps

Mr. Sanders had an estimated 746,000 donors through the end of June — far more than the No. 2 candidate, Ms. Warren, who had an estimated 421,000 donors.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The most telling thing in this data is that the media and devout leftists on here pretend Trump has the support of Wall Street and "the rich", you know, those evil unnamed people. The data shows he has plenty of small-donor support. Just like in '16 when a lot of Wall Street fat cats actually supported Clinton.

But the false narrative will continue unabated.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The most telling thing in this data is that the media and devout leftists on here pretend Trump has the support of Wall Street and "the rich", you know, those evil unnamed people. The data shows he has plenty of small-donor support. Just like in '16 when a lot of Wall Street fat cats actually supported Clinton.

But the false narrative will continue unabated.
This is essentially true. Which gives credit to Trump and those forgotten individuals that everybody else misses and ignores.

2016 repeat but with better results for Trump.

Btw, this OP was GARBAGE, good call Face23785

new topics

top topics

join