It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Human-Monkey Chimeras - I don't agree with this

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

The Mirror?? Uh, click bait anyone?

At least the other thread used NatGeo as source.

Add to it "China" then you have a big problem with the authenticity of this story (they make state media announcements all the time with no data, sources, etc).

But at the core is sense of revulsion at doing this. Didn't God create a Great Flood to kill off the Nephilim?? There is your unconscious bias towards this line of research. They already have done pig-human cells, and sewn a baboon heart into somebody... so I expect it to continue. Right or wrong, it will happen regardless of public opinion.

Remember the Montauk Monster and Plum Island? That was in 2008. That looks like a breading program of some sorts and here we are 11 years later directly manipulating genetic material. And that is what we know about here in the public world. So it is probably coming but not a "world-first human-monkey hybrid" just yet.

What scares me is the GM bacteria they are testing out to eat pollution. Who knows how fast they can evolve to refine their taste to a more porky flavored animal?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don’t believe that ‘we’ have the right to tell China what they can and can’t do. I also believe that if enough rich people want this it will happen regardless of the ethics involved or what we want.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You don't agree with this? Guessing they don't require your permission.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
of course they will say that this creature was not born, but I would say that there were more that were off the books that were born. You can hide things like that pretty easily, people are naive if they believe that none were born.

We have already seen how we treat even our own humans and animals. Really, truly worrying...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Totally agree.

Has Metallicus been handing out warm fuzzies of late?! Still has that deep hate for the progressives, but seems a softer side of Metallicus has appeared of late. Maybe not and it’s really none of my concern, but I figured I’d ask because it seems that way.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The Mirror?? Uh, click bait anyone?

At least the other thread used NatGeo as source.

Add to it "China" then you have a big problem with the authenticity of this story (they make state media announcements all the time with no data, sources, etc).

But at the core is sense of revulsion at doing this. Didn't God create a Great Flood to kill off the Nephilim?? There is your unconscious bias towards this line of research. They already have done pig-human cells, and sewn a baboon heart into somebody... so I expect it to continue. Right or wrong, it will happen regardless of public opinion.

Remember the Montauk Monster and Plum Island? That was in 2008. That looks like a breading program of some sorts and here we are 11 years later directly manipulating genetic material. And that is what we know about here in the public world. So it is probably coming but not a "world-first human-monkey hybrid" just yet.

What scares me is the GM bacteria they are testing out to eat pollution. Who knows how fast they can evolve to refine their taste to a more porky flavored animal?

Firstly, the quotes are from "The Independent", not The Mirror. You can see several websites which report this story.

Secondly, other reports confirm that it was actually Spanish scientists who did this in China, so...

Thirdly, I don't believe in a deity or whatever Abrahamic nonsense. My concerns stem from issues relating to ethics and consciousness and sentience.

edit on 9-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hey Hey were the Monkeys people keep putting us down.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey, freakish hybrid human-monkey mutations have a right to live just like everybody else!

edit on 9-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm a transplant recipient, and no, I don't agree with this. It's too problematic on several levels. I would choose death over receiving one of these organs.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

This is exactly what I thought when I read this. They seem to be working on something that has already be surpassed by other scientists. We already have tissues grown in a lab and it won't take long before you can order a completely new organ or body part made out of your own DNA.

It seems that these scientists are either behind the times or are in reality not planning on using these hybrids for anything remotely close to grow human organs.

I also don't like idea of animals being used for science.

2010 Smithsonian Article

Forbes : Lab Grown Organs 2018

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I also don't like idea of animals being used for science.

I'm guessing you don't need insulin to stay alive.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

wasn't oliver the "humanzee" a hybrid?

No, Oliver was 100% chimpanzee. No admixture was involved in his inception.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I said I didn't like it. I didn't say it should never be used. Whenever it isn't necessary then it absolutely should not be used. Besides I thought Insulin was now lab created used bacteria or yeast or something. Where does the animal come into play?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Part of the GREEN MOVEMENT, all vegan and all.

a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I said I didn't like it. I didn't say it should never be used. Whenever it isn't necessary then it absolutely should not be used. Besides I thought Insulin was now lab created used bacteria or yeast or something. Where does the animal come into play?

Pigs, especially. It can be lab grown now, but I don't think the pig avenue has been entirely closed off. My son is Type 1, insulin required.
edit on 8/9/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good point. There has been radio silence ever since they went down into Vostok. I wonder what was found...?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
SO just my 2 cents worth:

Using a host animal to grow an organ that will have the same genetic markers as the recipient thus avoiding rejection medications I am 100% behind.

Human / animal hybrids are so beyond the moral pale it would be worth fighting a World War to stop. Once that rubicon is crossed there is no going back.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

As I posted above. There is thought a that you could take say a pig and grow a human heart using stem cells from the person who needs a transplant.

Because its genetic markers will say "Friend" to the recipients Immune system thus eliminating the need for immunosupresion.

We basically take a transplant patient and make an HIV/AIDS patient out of them to keep them from rejecting the organ. That would be a thing of the past

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It was reported in El Pais then picked up at other places. Your OP link was from the Mirror (at least the url directs you there) which is known for click-bait-y type headlines.

And I found an MIT Technology Review article up so I guess the news is legit (at least as reported by El Pais) and some statement of bravado from state media. The article states that nobody is commenting until "the results are published" (same source)

Warning: MIT Tech Review tracks you with cookies. You get 3 free visits (down from 5) before you are blocked for the month!

The technique for making chimeras involves injecting human embryonic stem cells into a days-old embryo of another species. The hope is that the human cells will grow along with the embryo, adding to it.

technologyreview.com - Scientists are making human-monkey hybrids in China.

That does not sound completely repeatable if you are throwing things together to see what happens!

Hence my mention of the source: click-bait.

Btw, not a religiouso type either. Just pointing out a fairy tale about the last time something like this might have occurred (i.e., it did not end kindly), not saying we need to get down on our knees and pray, just that if this were a moving scene, Willy Wonka would be saying, "No. Please. Don't" while the little kid zaps himself across the room to get on TV!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Pigs, especially. It can be lab grown now, but I don't think the pig avenue has been entirely closed off. My son is Type 1, insulin required.

Byetta , derived from Gila Monster saliva , in its initial form would last 1-5 years with one injection .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join