It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Human-Monkey Chimeras - I don't agree with this

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
World’s first human-monkey hybrid created in China, scientists reveal

Scientists say they have created the world’s first human-monkey hybrid in a laboratory in China.

The researchers, who want to use animals to create organs for human life-saving transplants, say creating the hybrid was an important step.

And they pledged to continue their experiments using primates.

[...]

The team revealed that they had injected human stem cells capable of creating any type of tissue into a monkey embryo.

[...]

The experiment was stopped before the embryo was old enough to be born.

(It should be noted that it was actually Spanish scientists who did this in China.)

The last bit is important:

The experiment was stopped before the embryo was old enough to be born.

This is really problematic. Especially the question about consciousness and sentience.

One of the main reasons for such experimentation was apparently to use "animals" to create organs for life-saving transplants for instance. What happens if this so-called "chimera" developed consciousness? Would its "rights" be recognised?

And sentience (which could actually be interchanged with consciousness)?

We have seen horrific (albeit slightly far-fetched) examples in fiction where entire HUMAN bodies are "grown" in a lab for the sole purpose of organ harvesting and whatnot - for "the rich".

What do you think? Should we allow this? Do you agree with this?
edit on 9-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Pick-a-part. every part only $20,000.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is no need for this...
Soon enough exact replicas will actually be organically printed but for with your own DNA code to ensure it is truly your own organs being translated not only will it be genetically identical but the exact size and shape can be conformed to also...
edit on 9-8-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII
Is there a picture?

This is really problematic. Especially the question about consciousness and sentience.

You are right about that, dumbing down of the collective subconscious mind with hybrids stepping back in time.
edit on 9-8-2019 by 57ORM1IV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If they have the ability to do something like this.. AND announce it publicly, what things are done in secret ? yiks..

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Moon Bases & intergalactic species contact.. likely why they have made this Chimera *shudders*

Trust no one, especially any beings off planet.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Later that day one they video taped one of the scientists captured by a group of the new hybrids:

edit on 9-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
If they have the ability to do something like this.. AND announce it publicly, what things are done in secret ? yiks..

Very, very concerning. Could they be 5 years or even 10 years ahead in secret? I am sure that many who are conducting experiments are fully aware of the backlash that would exist were things like this to be announced publicly, hence sometimes some of these announcements may actually just be to "test the water" as it were...
edit on 9-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Even worse a group of the new hybrids starting chanting:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I think you mean 'bimera' the Chimera was a mixture of three animals.

Mythology aside, I don't see the problem. All these pseudo philosophers call it 'playing god' despite the fact they don't believe in deities. If it can benefit humanity who cares what methods are used to achieve that goal, ad long as it's humane and no one suffers.

Whats more concerning is these researchers drilling into that Antarctic lake, who knows what dormant extremophile they could awaken, possible bacteria that our immune system is incapable of defending.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
Devolution won’t benefit us in anyway.

It would benefit primates though.. consciously evolving them, and if that isn’t terrifying enough could of been a experiment guided subconsciously
by a malevolent ET.
edit on 9-8-2019 by 57ORM1IV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

No it was a Chimera. They didn't mention the hybrid had the genitalia of a equus caballus.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought they were doing that back in the 60's.
How else can this be explained?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It’s terrifying to think about.
Morally my mind is screaming no, but if was your life or your child’s life on the line....I don’t know.
Just think if you have to actually dumb them down or cut the vocal chords so they couldn’t plead for their life.
Very disturbing things to think about.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

wasn't oliver the "humanzee" a hybrid?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Lancelot Link make me thinks of this little gem:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This story really makes me want to pound sand:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Full Metal Alchemist all ready went over this. You don't mess with that stuff. People need to watch anime stat.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
of course they will say that this creature was not born, but I would say that there were more that were off the books that were born. You can hide things like that pretty easily, people are naive if they believe that none were born.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join