It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White Supremacist HOAX

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It should also be noted that Tucker Carlson isn't really an unbiased source when it comes to white supremacy. He does have close ties to the Proud Boys.

Much more violence comes out of ANTIFA, a real terrorist organization

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: loam

a reply to: Gandalf77

a reply to: loam

Well, you did just admit to being a fan...

So in other words, you only participate on these boards because you're not really interested in mature and rational debate, but rather only in any opportunity to deride and slime people who don't conform to your opinions?

Or is it a skill thing? You're not capable of mature and rational debate?

Since the point of this thread was 'the white supremacist hoax,' would not asking for a cogent summary of *ucker's argument be at the core of rational debate?

You left out the word 'problem'. I thought you liked details?

I was quoting the title of the thread. Doesn't look like it includes the word 'problem.'

...would not asking for a cogent summary of *ucker's argument be at the core of rational debate?

Lol.

So post after post you want proof for what TC said, then when provided exactly what he said and statistics to back it up, you want to limit discussion about TC statements to this thread's title? I guess you think TC is the OP?

CraftyArrow = Tucker Carlson. Now prove it.

Your posts are comedy.
edit on 9-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Skinheads died out in the 90's.... but with the inspiration of Trump's rhetoric, I personally think it's just a matter of time till the scourge of the white (trash) supremacy movement is back in full force.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Ridiculous and unfounded opinions, eh?

Murders by white supremacists in US more than doubled in 2017

Care to share your sources for the allegedly supremely informed opinion of yours now?

All we have thus far is a few morons spouting bollox on ytube, there is absolutely no content whatsoever for an actual debate. And you wouldn't feel the need to act all defensive if you had anything to offer.

Another parade of fools driven by the delusional fear of a white genocide. Next?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

All supposition by biased and unreliable sources and finger painters 😎🍌

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Spot On !

KKK/David Duke & Co are reprehensible but have been and still are fringe.
Fringe !

And yes, a lot of the leftist BS is driven by JEALOUSY !!

Your right on!

For them to continue a hoax this long, I can't imagine the hate they have.
They must truly feel jealous and hopeless.

Face the Nation: Mar 6, 2016

Donald Trump says he has rejected the Ku Klux Klan “from the time I’m 5 years old.” The GOP front-runner notes he does not want the votes of white supremacists, adding, “I say to myself, how many times do I have to reject or disavow?”

Trump on KKK: “Hate groups are not for me”

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-8-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So the Trump administration lied when they published a study that identified far Right extremism as the leading cause of terrorism in this country?

I'm sure said study conveniently starts tracking after 2001...

The fact is you can fit all the racist, neo-nazie, white nationalists in America into a small stadium. Then drone strike it for all I care...

The problem is people seeing white nationalism as this growing threat in America. Where if that were the case there would be many more incidents than just some young men with mental illnesses lashing out at society.

The absolute worst thing you can do is ignore the actual problem and focus on stuff like the politics of it all...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Your source.

Far-right radicals were responsible for 20 of the 34 extremist murders in 2017, said the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

I'll spell it out for you. T...W...E...N...T...Y.

Care to share your sources for the allegedly supremely informed opinion of yours now?

You could start here.

Then next compare for the same year the FBI's stats for murders.

In 2017, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 17,284.

ucr.fbi.gov...

.00116% of all murders that year.

Another poster who comes to these boards with no intention for honest debate.

You fool no one.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Gandalf77

I gave you exactly what he said and then gave you the best available numbers.

You did indeed provide some 'numbers,' which does start to look like the beginning of a point or attempted point--perhaps even part of a premise of a larger argument.

So the number from the SPLC is based 'almost entirely' on Twitter followers, and that number could fit in a small college football stadium (~70k+). Therefore, compared to the total number of white people in America, there must not be a problem--at least, not enough of a problem for that evil, liberal MSM (except for the beloved, sacrosanct Fox) to turn their collective BVDs into a fudge factory over.

So does a white nationalist, neo-nazi, etc., need to have a Twitter account to be numbered, accounted for, and officially exist? "I tweet, therefore I am?"

And is the 'problem' truly predicated on a number (let alone a rather questionable number)? And if so, what is the threshold for that number to be relevant? Bigger than a PRO football stadium? Bigger than the total number of Billy Ray Cyrus fans?

Is it possible that it's just a little bit more nuanced and multifaceted than that?

To be fair, you did offer more in the way of an argument than *ucker did.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

STAR AND FLAG.

Problem is, the left is trying to redefine white supremacy as being anything but feeling extreme shame and rejection of Western civilization and accomplishments

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Outside of skin heads and Nazi gangs it is a COMPLETE myth outside of isolated individuals ,The current media garbage is part of the "Cloward and Piven "social assault, for the "Cellphone" generation.
It is a a reply to: LordAhriman

edit on 9-8-2019 by Headhunder7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2019 by Headhunder7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So does a white nationalist, neo-nazi, etc., need to have a Twitter account to be numbered, accounted for, and officially exist? "I tweet, therefore I am?"

Ah. So you think the number is much larger? Prove it, since you're all about proof and stuff.

You cant and wont.

And is the 'problem' truly predicated on a number (let alone a rather questionable number)? And if so, what is the threshold for that number to be relevant? Bigger than a PRO football stadium? Bigger than the total number of Billy Ray Cyrus fans?

Now we are making progress.

So your definition of 'a problem' that justifes all of the attention this issue receives doesn't require quantitative data?

Any amount of white supremecy is enough.

All other problems be damned, particularly if the issue can be used to hurt anymore who doesnt agree with you.

That or you're just another subscriber to the magic wand club.

Is it possible that it's just a little bit more nuanced and multifaceted than that?

Indeed it is. But you'd never be capable of honestly discussing those.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That's your angle? You have a high murder rate already and thus everything is OK? Un-fcking-believable.

Honest debate, eh? That was a nice piece of sophistry, I'll give you that. Have some fun talking away those comparatively "low", yet still increasing numbers then!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You also have a language comprehension issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

So the Trump administration lied when they published a study that identified far Right extremism as the leading cause of terrorism in this country?

I'm sure said study conveniently starts tracking after 2001...

The fact is you can fit all the racist, neo-nazie, white nationalists in America into a small stadium. Then drone strike it for all I care...

The problem is people seeing white nationalism as this growing threat in America. Where if that were the case there would be many more incidents than just some young men with mental illnesses lashing out at society.

The absolute worst thing you can do is ignore the actual problem and focus on stuff like the politics of it all...

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I remember when all of society's problems were caused by Satan Worshippers!

Gee, our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm old enough to remember that too.

When you look at human history, I guess this type of hysteria shouldn't be surprising. But no one ever thinks about the resulting carnage that all begins with a lie.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It's been said that the conclusion of an argument is only as good as its weakest premise.
A premise that relies on a rather questionable, unreliable number to support a conclusion that there "isn't a problem" is already on shaky grounds. And that's really the only premise there. By itself, it's hardly convincing.

Yes, I do think the number is quite likely bigger than that, but you're right: I'm not going to make one up--I'd be surprised if there was an accurate means of arriving at such a number. There are too many subjective factors that can't be accounted for in that calculus.

That isn't to say that quantitative data isn't relavant or doesn't have it's place in the discussion.
But I don't think it's sufficient on its own.

It is more nuanced and multifaceted.
But you'd never know listening to the shallow sound bytes on White Grievance Tonight.

So *ucker's conclusion that the "white supremacy problem" is a "hoax" and "conspiracy theory" doesn't remotely stand up on its own.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I'll spell it out for you. T...W...E...N...T...Y.

Well, to be fair that's 4 more than were struck by lightning but nowhere near the number that die falling out of bed.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So after reading everyone's back and forth I wanted to look up for myself the magnitude of white supremacy in the country.

Turns out .... no one knows the magnitude of white supremacy in the country.

The southern poverty law group says that hate groups (which includes minority hate groups) have increased to 917.

Over the course of the 2016 presidential campaign, the number of hate groups in the United States grew after falling off following former President Barack Obama's re-election. The number of total hate groups has risen 17% since 2014, to 917 

Black separatists, anti-white groups who support separate institutions for blacks, make up one in five hate groups in the United States, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. One in six is linked to the Ku Klux Klan, while another one in 10 are white nationalist and one in 10 are neo-Nazi. One in 10 hate groups are anti-Muslim. Smaller categories include neo-Confederates, anti-LGBT groups and racist "skinheads," according to the organization.

cnn link

To put that into perspective there are about 3,000 counties in the US. So 1 hate group (not just white hate group) for every 34 countries. That's a lot of ground to cover before running into a hate group. That's even before we discount at least 1 in 5 groups not included white people.

---- added

Buts that's groups; what about people? Well here from a guy who's been trying to measure that;

How many white nationalists live in the United States? It’s a question I’ve been trying to answer on and off for years. 

Your best chance at a meaningful sense of scale is at rallies. Meaningful, but not conclusive: Real life gatherings tend to draw out more paramilitary types than meme lords, and because these rallies often turn into riots, crowd estimates are hard to come by. Still, the point of protest is to show your numbers to the world, a kind of head count of those you can count on to support a movement in the open air. In Charlottesville, the best estimates put rally participant numbers between 500 and 600 people. For context, that’s five times as big as any far-right rally in the last decade, but is still only a tiny fraction of what you’d expect from their (inflated) digital footprint.

It’s also two hundred times smaller than 2017’s March for Science, and a thousand times smaller than 2017’s Women’s March. All signs point to an even lower turnout for Unite the Right in DC.

link

So apparently your much more likely to run into an angry feminist than you are a white supremacist.

So in a world where no one really knows how many white supremacists there are; but know that you need to walk 34 counties before you might find one and where their movement is significantly smaller than people "matching for science" its kinda hard to take people who pretend that white supremacy is our greatest existential threat. Maybe not a hoax, but certainly blown out of proportion.
edit on 9-8-2019 by DanDanDat because: Hit send too soon

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join