It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching the red shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this but I was thinking about the secret space program and if a ship were to leave earth at lightspeed or close to would it appear in the same spot for it's trip out but just get red shifted(assuming it went straight out)?

Is anyone watching our own stuff for such an effect

Or am I just dumb

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'd say or...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I think it would just disappear from our view.. because the reflected light it produce would disappear at the speed of light.

Ohh and I would think the force,
for making a rocket go from 0 to 299792458 miles/s would destroy the country its standing on when taking off.

Oh and.. Normal humans can withstand no more than 9 g's, and even that for only a few seconds. going from 0 to speed of light.. would produce pressure that would turn diamonds into dust in a instant.
edit on 9-8-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Those are some problems, but they would be like trying to learn 1+1, if the problem of light-speed travel had already been solved.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If you have enough energy to fold space to make FTL possible then you would also have enough energy to make a "Jump-Drive":

Jump-Drive

Having a jump-drive would make traveling in space practical.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think anyone advanced enough to have FTL travel would also have mastered gravity to the point the cabin of a spacecraft wouldn’t experience any gravitational changes at all regardless of the speed of travel. I guess it would be similar to Star Trek and their artificial gravity environment.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think it's call inertia dampers:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Inertia negation is a commonplace technology in numerous science fiction series. It is used as an explanation as to why the crew of starships can withstand complex maneuvres or acceleration to FTL speeds."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

In the Navy’s patent application for the HUAC, it’s claimed that the radical abilities of propulsion and maneuverability are made possible thanks to an incredibly powerful electromagnetic field that essentially creates a quantum vacuum around itself that allows it to ignore aerodynamic or hydrodynamic forces and remove its own inertial mass from the equation. Thus, the ability to generate such high-frequency electromagnetic waves is key to the alleged abilities of this theoretical hybrid craft that can soar near effortlessly through air and water at incredible speeds with little to no resistance or inertia.

thedrive.com - Navy's Advanced Aerospace Tech Boss Claims Key 'UFO' Patent Is Operable.

Your thinking is so old school. You do not push from behind and use all your fuel to fight against gravity.

Ben Rich said, "All points, in all space. That is how it works." (or something close, also, it was attributed to him, so it may not even be true). But look what you are being told: you create a quantum vacuum around your craft; all points, from all space, no longer interact with your vehicle because you are in a bubble; your inertial mass drops towards (if not equal to) zero.

If you read the Pais patents, he says you go old school at first (i.e., chemical (??) rocket, pushing), then drop your inertial mass to zero to reach light speed.

@penroc3, they would not leave earth at light speed but move away first. And you know how difficult it is to see an asteroid so a ship that may be made of black wonder material? I would think it would look like, from a "stationary" perspective that it just winks out of sight.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Traveling at light speed? You'd have a better chance of surviving a nuke detonating in your face.

Contrary to popular belief space is not entirely a vacuum, there are trillions upon trillions of cosmic rays bombarding Earth's atmosphere everyday, and thats just from our Sun alone.

Attempting light speed travel is the great way to get nominated for a Darwin award.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
I wasn't sure where to put this but I was thinking about the secret space program and if a ship were to leave earth at lightspeed or close to would it appear in the same spot for it's trip out but just get red shifted(assuming it went straight out)?

Possibly a red shift, but it wouldn't be a point or straight line. Remember, we're rotating and revolving around the sun, and it is revolving around the galaxy, and the galaxy... etc, etc.

So what you'd see is a bend and a streak, with it spiraling away from us like a long red spring.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

Is anyone watching our own stuff for such an effect

Or am I just dumb

Maybe the “moon shiver”was just that!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

If the ship were able to create a gravity well in front of it, and to utilise particle beam acceleration of the craft (discharging photons into a sort of bulkhead plate at the bow of the ship, then it could exceed lightspeed without ever creating the g-force that would otherwise obliterate human tissue. Or something like that. Read the works of Dr P LaViolette to get the full lowdown on secret space program technology that really works. Starting with the uncommon secondary propulsion system for the renowned Stealth Bomber, which was much more than a jet propulsion airframe...

Etheric.Com - Electrogravitics

Seriously engagig stuff, and very real secret space program technology (as opposed to the blue spherical avian alliance cosmic-scale nonsense). As someone once said - all the plans are available to view online...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes. Any light from the ship, seen on Earth, would be red shifted.
edit on 8/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

If you read the Pais patents, he says you go old school at first (i.e., chemical (??) rocket, pushing), then drop your inertial mass to zero to reach light speed.
What would that do to one's physiological processes, I wonder? Blood flow, brain function.

Interestingly enough, the topic was covered by Alistair Reynolds in this book:
en.wikipedia.org...

I think Pais may be a fan. In the book the effect is produced by messing with quantum vacuum. Sound familiar?

The basic concept goes way back though. In Methuselah's Children Heinlein employs it with the "Libby drive."
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Oh and.. Normal humans can withstand no more than 9 g's, and even that for only a few seconds. going from 0 to speed of light.. would produce pressure that would turn diamonds into dust in a instant.

I must be posting this from the afterlife since out practicing in the Sukhoi 31 for the 2019 IAC Unlimited Known aerobatic sequence getting ready for the upcoming Nationals, I saw +12 gs on the recording g meter, probably in a pull from level to the vertical upline for an outside snap roll. I've seen as much as +15 and -12 in the Sukhoi.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

I must be posting this from the afterlife since out practicing in the Sukhoi 31 for the 2019 IAC Unlimited Known aerobatic sequence getting ready for the upcoming Nationals, I saw +12 gs on the recording g meter, probably in a pull from level to the vertical upline for an outside snap roll. I've seen as much as +15 and -12 in the Sukhoi.

"normal humans"

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

"normal humans"

Actually, at the last contest I flew, there were 45 pretty normal humans ranging from a 17 year old female college student to a 76 year old retired airline pilot. At even the beginner's primsry class, 5 or 6 positive g's are encountered. Negative g's (2 or 3) are ibtroduced in the intermediate class. Hard negatives (-5 to -7) are encountered in the Advanced, In the Unlimited category thr pain really hits. +/- 10 is common and in the 4 minute freestyle, that can easily be exceeded. It's the positive gs hat can be dangerous because of G-LOC, or g induced loss of consciousness. All the blood from your brain gets pushed out and down to your lower body. The negatives are painful but not really dangerous. Your sinuses become painfully engorged and high cranial blood pressure can cause petechial hemorrhaging. You look a sight when you finish a flight. And the airplane pukes oil out the breather line, making a mess on the ramp. But it doesn't take a superhuman to fly aerobatics, just good spacial orientation and a lot of practice.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

i've personally felt the crushing weight of the air then white out and a small blackout, i think with better breathing i wouldnt have went out. but i was just fine and he said we held 6G's for a good amount of time after doing rolls and dives i didnt have the core strength to breath/push blood to my head.

humans can take allot of G's over very short times but as i learned even at 'lower' G's you can still black out if its held long enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh, sorry. Got derailed by people who need their hand held at work (which is my job description. And also help with things that I am not involved with... which consists of me reading an email to people that can’t read for themselves! Very time consuming).

Oh yeah! Heinlien! Probably why I feel a connection to the idea. I am sorry that I do not read as wide as a variety of sci-fi as I used to and went all ‘classical literature’ instead. From the link, sounds cool!

Yeah, familiar ideas sound appealing. The Siren Song! And as a fantasy and sci-fi fan for a certain period, it might be why I am drawn towards the idea (confirmation bias? Maybe on a small scale). But I also dream of that future. The future we seem so close to (and my tinfoil hat senses we passed).

Yeah, I am a dreamer so keep me in check when I go ice skating!!

top topics

join