It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed off-duty firefighter halts armed suspect at Walmart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: MrRCflying

Just saw a man on TV being interviewed and he said the Walmart worker ran up to him saying get out and evacuate and he didn't know why because he didn't even smell smoke. The reporter said that the man arrested evacuated along with everyone else out an emergency exit.

So maybe a Walmart employee freaked out here first.

The manager saw the assault rifle, demeanour, filming and body armour and set off the fire alarm to evacuate people to safety as he suspected he was a copycat shooter. A sane person would have walked in inarmed and asked the manager if they've changed policy etc... not much of an overreaction given recent mass shootings and responsibility to protect customers - the fireman detained the man outside while emergency services arrived. Seems basic common sense when someone is acting that suspicious/delusional/showing such is judgment/larping etc...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Body armor? Looks like a standard hunting vest to me. Have one just like that hanging in my closet. Where's the camo? His hat? That's not camo. Pretty common site around here in October or November, even in Wally World.a reply to: Identified

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

The guy is stupid but may or may not have broken a law. The legal system, which might be a jury, will decide.

A threat can be made without words and touching someone.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Pretty common site around here in October or November,

Yet it is August.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

The manager saw the assault rifle, demeanour, filming and body armour and set off the fire alarm to evacuate people to safety as he suspected he was a copycat shooter. A sane person would have walked in inarmed and asked the manager if they've changed policy etc... not much of an overreaction given recent mass shootings and responsibility to protect customers - the fireman detained the man outside while emergency services arrived. Seems basic common sense when someone is acting that suspicious/delusional/showing such is judgment/larping etc...

Your post outlines (sections bolded by me) exactly why Red Flag Laws are a bad idea.

edit on 10-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pipefitter

Exactly. First stories made out like he was suited up for Fallujah. Not that that is a crime either but just shows people can be scared of anything and overreact to anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You cannot make this # up! Only in America can these warped and twisted events happen. That kid is an example of the mindset of gun owners in that rooting tooting immature country. Personally, I think he should have been shot dead...not just for being tooled up like Rambo in public, but for being as imbecilic as he was. Such stupidity should not be allowed to contaminate the gene pool! Not only did he utterly beggar belief with his actions, but more with his thinking. And you wonder why the elite want to cull the human population?

The hardest part of America's 'gun problem' is the mindset of the gun owners, there is just no rationalising with it. Actually, what would have been worse would have been no one paying him any heed. That would have shown the issue in its most stark prattishness!

"Hey, look how 'free' we are. We can walk around our supermarkets tooled up to the nines, and everyone accepts it."

I tell you. The sooner they scrub the 2nd Amendment and start forcibly confiscating guns after a period of amnesty, the better.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

You do not live here. Thus everything you said is irrelevant. Sorry, but you don't have a say in what we do in our country, just like I don't have a say in what you do in yours.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
MrRCflying:

...you don't have a say in what we do in our country...

And yet I said it, and you read it, along with others. I'll continue to interject common sense until you people start to see it and run with it, because at the moment, you are living in nonsense, chaos and mayhem. Until you do what is right for the good of your society, you will remain an imbecilic nation.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk>>. I guess the guy is an american citizen but , boy, does he have a Russian name.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If it turns out the officer was driving without due care, I’m more than willing to lay the blame at his feet. I reckon if the reverse turns out to be the case, you can’t say the same.

I can't find a link to this part of the story anywhere.

So, we don't really have any facts, and the closest thing to a fact is that apparently a police office hit a car being driven by an elderly lady.

Assuming the cop did in fact h it someone, then there are only two questions...

When the officer was going through the intersection, did they have the right of way, or did the lady h ave the right of way?

Regardless of if the cop had sirens and lights going, if he didn't have the right of way, and he hit someone crossing the intersection, it is his fault.

If he did have the right of way, and there were no other extenuating circumstances, then it wasn't his fault.

Having emergency lights/sirens going doesn't absolve him of the responsibility to make sure that proceeding through an intersection when he doesn't otherwise have the right of way wouldn't result in a collision.

I see ambulances and cops all the time basically come to a full stop at a red light, before slowly proceeding through the intersection.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join