It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Glitches Haunt Statistician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.madison.com...

There were, Joiner says, too many things that occurred on Nov. 2 that "still don't smell right." He can't just pretend everything is rosy, he says, when he reads that Steven Freeman, a respected University of Pennsylvania professor, says the odds of the exit polls in the critical states of Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania all being so far off were about 662,000 to 1.

Joiner knows full well some people will roll their eyes while reading this and dismiss him as yet another shoot-from-the-hip conspiracy nut.

Not quite.

In fact, he's among a group of prominent statisticians and academicians who contributed to a recent study that refutes a report by exit pollsters Edison and Mitofsky that exit poll errors on Nov. 2 were responsible for the unprecedented 5.5 percent discrepancy between the exit polls and the official results.

Haunted so long after both elections...Yet no one will really try to touch the subject. Its amazing to see this happening in our country.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You go ahead and believe "Exit Polls", I'll believe the actual votes.

"Steven Freeman, a respected University of Pennsylvania professor", HA! Probably just another PO'd liberal like Ward Churchill.

Liberals like to talk about Florida, Ohio, but what about Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Maine, Oregon, Minnesota?

Bush wins Florida by 380,978 votes
Bush wins Ohio by 118,599 votes

Kerry wins New Hampshire by only 9,274
Kerry wins Wisconsin by only 11,384
Kerry wins Maine by only 63,641
Kerry wins Oregon by only 76,332
Kerry wins Minnesota by only 98,319

Why pick on the close states that Bush won? When there were other contests that where much closer.

You guessed it! Sore Losers, plain and simple.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you for your wit and maturity. I'm beginning to understand more and more why things are in such a sad state of affairs.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Thank you for your wit and maturity. I'm beginning to understand more and more why things are in such a sad state of affairs.

Wit and maturity? Those are actual numbers. That is 5 states that Kerry won by much smaller numbers than Bush won in Florida and Ohio. Did you know that before I posted it?

The sad state of affairs is only in the minds of democrats ( the losers), the rest of the nation (the winners) are perfectly fine.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Occurs Dg our democratic systems will for ever was lost since 2000 our elections will never be the same after that.

But that is ok and that is fine for the ones that still can't see the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Where were all these people when Kennedy stole the election from Nixon in '60??? Unlike Al Gore, Nixon did the honorable thing and didn't even bring up the issue. He knew it would divide the country, so he took one for the team.

I love how all the Libs complain and cry about how Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000. Now in 2004 he DOES win the popular vote, and they're STILL crying!

The fact that Bush won yet again is a testament to the fact that Democrats are so far outside the main stream of America when it comes to taxes, defense, values, and so on. This process of Republicans winning will continue to repeat itself until you left wing radicals wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes, Marg. Thank the lord we can see the truth. This is very very sad.
there are none so blind as those who will not see.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Occurs Dg our democratic systems will for ever was lost since 2000 our elections will never be the same after that.

But that is ok and that is fine for the ones that still can't see the truth.

Do Democrats talk in code? What is the truth? The truth is now that Republicans are getting their voice out with FOX News, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, etc. and now are on even footing with the "elite liberal media" that Democrats have no chance of leading this nation.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
You go ahead and believe "Exit Polls", I'll believe the actual votes.

As you have no way of knowing the actual votes, due to the extraordinary volume of reported discrepancies, malfunctions and malfeasances, then you are operating in an information vacuum.

That must make you are a good citizen, true believer!

Democracy is dead. Long live the corrupt neo-con industial war machine and its puppet Whitehouse.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Yes, Marg. Thank the lord we can see the truth. This is very very sad.
there are none so blind as those who will not see.

More code talking???

Look at the numbers...

Kerry by 9,274 in New Hampshire
Kerry by 11,384 in Wisconsin
Kerry by 63,641 in Maine
Kerry by 76,332 in Oregon
Kerry by 98,319 in Minnesota

Why is the outrage directed at

Florida...Bush wins by 380,978
Ohio...Bush wins by 118,599

and over 4 million votes total?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by marg6043

The truth is now that Republicans are getting their voice out with FOX News, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, etc. and now are on even footing with the "elite liberal media" that Democrats have no chance of leading this nation.
hmmm... so you listen to those evil talk shows? and they are the gospel truth, huh? Clear channel is about to go under with the likes of these demonic maniacs word has it.
All liars and warmongers, no life idiots they are. I suppose if you take enough vicodans you get the courage to pollute the airwaves and spew the evil rhetoric. Then you can talk about morality

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Fox News is Very funny, but thats all it should be sort for, amusment, No one should take what they say seriously!

As an Australian watching America from the outside, that is the Only advice I can offer
. I really like America, but I wish they'd move with the times.

top topics

join