It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Illegal Immigrants in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster

originally posted by: muzzleflash

a reply to: Secretrooster

The Govt will arrest anyone for even the smallest things, as an American citizen that's actually from here - I can assure you of that. Our jails and prisons are overflowing. We have a culture of 'arrest anyone for anything' nearly these days.

About foreigners from Europe (or East Asia for that matter) - the reason you are not hearing much about this is because the MSM chooses to ignore it. When these people get arrested by ICE (which they do every day) no one screams or cries about it, it's not a big deal to most people. They simply don't care if some Ukrainian or Chinese guy got arrested for being here illegally. It doesn't support a political narrative really (even though the right-wing could theoretically use it as capital in the current immigration debates, but they haven't utilized this effectively yet).

Also we need to keep in mind that Euros, Africans, Indians, and East Asians are much more likely to actually get paperwork and attempt to legitimize their stay, because they aren't as desperate or impoverished as most South or Central American immigrants.

Granted we have offenders from all of these areas, and they are arrested when caught, but there appears to be a disproportionate % of the Americas that are simply not bothering with getting the proper paperwork + the MSM is focusing on them specifically right now. So it seems more imbalanced than it actually is.

You can Trust me on this one thing though - the Govt will arrest just about anyone it thinks it can. They just love cuffing and detaining people. You need mega $$$ to get around this.

I agree about the media ignoring it, but what about people who speak out against illegal immigration? I never hear or see anyone mention white immigrants on ATS.

European immigrants represent one of the smallest portions of illegal immigrants, so it's not a massive problem compared to Mexico, Central American (purely by the numbers here).

Also - Asian and European immigrants have far higher education ratings and often learn to speak English - according to the statistics. They assimilate far better and cause less frustration.

Here are two pages I want you to investigate in depth. It will help you understand the statistics behind this situation much better so you'll get a better concept of why people randomly aren't complaining as much about certain groups of immigrants (East Asians, Europeans, Africans).

The most disproportionate group is the very low number of Middle Eastern immigrants, yet they do get the spotlight more often than you'd expect purely by the numbers. But that is because of the conflicts in that region and the "terrorism" fears (because the US led wars there and so retribution is much more expected for our hand in destroying those nations).

Unauthorized Immigrant Trends

On this page check the top graph, then click the tab labeled "Region/Country of Birth", then use the drop down box under that to change the region/country.

1) First I want you to compare the "Mexico" with "Non-Mexico" numbers. This shows that Mexicans represent about 5 to 6 million of the illegals, whereas ALL non-Mexicans represent essentially the same number. So Mexico is 50% of the entire illegal immigrant population.

2) Now check "Central Americans" - they are almost 2million of the 5/6 million Non-Mexicans. So that means around 70% of the entire illegal population is Mexico+Central America.

3) Check Euro/Canadian - they are around .5 mil, so only representing 5% of the illegal population.

4) Africa - they are .25 mil, so only 2.5% of the illegal population.

5) Asia - they are 1.5 mil, so about 15% of the illegal pop (despite that Asia houses half the world's population).

6) Caribbean is .5 or 5%, and South American is .75 so 7.5%.

7) Now you can go down below and check by nation. Look at some of these numbers - El Salvador is nearly .8 mil or 8% of the entire illegal pop, and Guatemala is .6 or 6% of the entire pop, and Honduras is .4 or 4% -- yet these are extremely tiny nations with minor populations globally speaking!!

8) Compare with China - about .375 or 3.75% and India's .5 or 5% , yet these two nations represent nearly 40% of the entire world's population!?

For additional research on the statistics of language proficiency, education, etc - look at this page Key Findings about US Immigrants

Hopefully this will make much more light of why the focus is on Mexico and Central America specifically.

I have read the statistics and understand that Mexicans and South Americans make up half of illegal immigrants. Going off the numbers you presented, there is at least 500,000 white immigrants. That’s not a small number. Besides learning to speak English these illegal immigrants are still working under the table and at least some of them are getting government benefits fraudulently. They still impact the country in the same manner.

Right there are .5 mil Euro/Canadian illegals, but that's only 5%.

Add in English proficiency rates of 77% (the highest rate slightly over Africans at 73%) whereas Mexico and CentAmer rates at 33%.

And then compare educations - Euro/Canada is the most educated at 90% high school graduates or better, 68% having some college. Mid East and Africans are 88% high school grads, and Asians are 85% hs grads.

Mexico is dismal at 46% hs grads and only 20% with some college, and CentAmer is 54% hs grad and 28% some college.

So they are not only 70% of the illegals, they cannot speak English and they are very uneducated. So not only do they outnumber these other groups en masse, but they create far more frustration and problems due to their incompatibility and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I flagged this thread so that more people will eventually come across the research I conducted above, because this information needs to be disseminated more broadly. It will show that racism is not actually the main culprit here per se, but rather that most immigrants from non-Mexican/Central American regions tend towards legalization while the Mex-CentAmer group represents 70% of the illegal immigrant population.

If people saw these numbers they would understand the context of the situation a lot better and realize that this is a problem derived from the Drug War refugee crisis specifically.

I don’t necessarily think the difference in treatment is due to racism. I’m sure there are different factors.

Hopefully my posts and research in this thread have explained most of the factors and ought to make sense.

For example if Racism was an issue than areas like India, China, or Africa ought to be complained about often but you hardly ever hear anyone mention them (although it does happen slightly more often than European/Canadian immigrants in my experience, which get the least criticism of all).

So the MSM is misleading everyone by turning it into a racial issue when it's actually primarily based on these issues:
1) Drug War crisis refugees
2) Lack of Education
3) Lack of English speaking
4) Highly disproportionate population % based on world's averages

Racism might only account for 5% of this overall issue, whereas 1-4 listed above are 95% of the actual reason why people complain about these specific immigrants.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The Govt will arrest anyone for even the smallest things, as an American citizen that's actually from here - I can assure you of that. Our jails and prisons are overflowing. We have a culture of 'arrest anyone for anything' nearly these days.

About foreigners from Europe (or East Asia for that matter) - the reason you are not hearing much about this is because the MSM chooses to ignore it. When these people get arrested by ICE (which they do every day) no one screams or cries about it, it's not a big deal to most people. They simply don't care if some Ukrainian or Chinese guy got arrested for being here illegally. It doesn't support a political narrative really (even though the right-wing could theoretically use it as capital in the current immigration debates, but they haven't utilized this effectively yet).

Also we need to keep in mind that Euros, Africans, Indians, and East Asians are much more likely to actually get paperwork and attempt to legitimize their stay, because they aren't as desperate or impoverished as most South or Central American immigrants.

Granted we have offenders from all of these areas, and they are arrested when caught, but there appears to be a disproportionate % of the Americas that are simply not bothering with getting the proper paperwork + the MSM is focusing on them specifically right now. So it seems more imbalanced than it actually is.

You can Trust me on this one thing though - the Govt will arrest just about anyone it thinks it can. They just love cuffing and detaining people. You need mega $$$ to get around this.

I agree about the media ignoring it, but what about people who speak out against illegal immigration? I never hear or see anyone mention white immigrants on ATS.

European immigrants represent one of the smallest portions of illegal immigrants, so it's not a massive problem compared to Mexico, Central American (purely by the numbers here).

Also - Asian and European immigrants have far higher education ratings and often learn to speak English - according to the statistics. They assimilate far better and cause less frustration.

Here are two pages I want you to investigate in depth. It will help you understand the statistics behind this situation much better so you'll get a better concept of why people randomly aren't complaining as much about certain groups of immigrants (East Asians, Europeans, Africans).

The most disproportionate group is the very low number of Middle Eastern immigrants, yet they do get the spotlight more often than you'd expect purely by the numbers. But that is because of the conflicts in that region and the "terrorism" fears (because the US led wars there and so retribution is much more expected for our hand in destroying those nations).

On this page check the top graph, then click the tab labeled "Region/Country of Birth", then use the drop down box under that to change the region/country.

1) First I want you to compare the "Mexico" with "Non-Mexico" numbers. This shows that Mexicans represent about 5 to 6 million of the illegals, whereas ALL non-Mexicans represent essentially the same number. So Mexico is 50% of the entire illegal immigrant population.

2) Now check "Central Americans" - they are almost 2million of the 5/6 million Non-Mexicans. So that means around 70% of the entire illegal population is Mexico+Central America.

3) Check Euro/Canadian - they are around .5 mil, so only representing 5% of the illegal population.

5) Asia - they are 1.5 mil, so about 15% of the illegal pop (despite that Asia houses half the world's population).

7) Now you can go down below and check by nation. Look at some of these numbers - El Salvador is nearly .8 mil or 8% of the entire illegal pop, and Guatemala is .6 or 6% of the entire pop, and Honduras is .4 or 4% -- yet these are extremely tiny nations with minor populations globally speaking!!

8) Compare with China - about .375 or 3.75% and India's .5 or 5% , yet these two nations represent nearly 40% of the entire world's population!?

For additional research on the statistics of language proficiency, education, etc - look at this page Key Findings about US Immigrants

Hopefully this will make much more light of why the focus is on Mexico and Central America specifically.

I have read the statistics and understand that Mexicans and South Americans make up half of illegal immigrants. Going off the numbers you presented, there is at least 500,000 white immigrants. That’s not a small number. Besides learning to speak English these illegal immigrants are still working under the table and at least some of them are getting government benefits fraudulently. They still impact the country in the same manner.

Add in English proficiency rates of 77% (the highest rate slightly over Africans at 73%) whereas Mexico and CentAmer rates at 33%.

And then compare educations - Euro/Canada is the most educated at 90% high school graduates or better, 68% having some college. Mid East and Africans are 88% high school grads, and Asians are 85% hs grads.

Mexico is dismal at 46% hs grads and only 20% with some college, and CentAmer is 54% hs grad and 28% some college.

So they are not only 70% of the illegals, they cannot speak English and they are very uneducated. So not only do they outnumber these other groups en masse, but they create far more frustration and problems due to their incompatibility and ignorance.

Doesn’t an illegal immigrant have a negative impact on our country regardless of their race or language spoken?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I flagged this thread so that more people will eventually come across the research I conducted above, because this information needs to be disseminated more broadly. It will show that racism is not actually the main culprit here per se, but rather that most immigrants from non-Mexican/Central American regions tend towards legalization while the Mex-CentAmer group represents 70% of the illegal immigrant population.

If people saw these numbers they would understand the context of the situation a lot better and realize that this is a problem derived from the Drug War refugee crisis specifically.

I don’t necessarily think the difference in treatment is due to racism. I’m sure there are different factors.

Hopefully my posts and research in this thread have explained most of the factors and ought to make sense.

For example if Racism was an issue than areas like India, China, or Africa ought to be complained about often but you hardly ever hear anyone mention them (although it does happen slightly more often than European/Canadian immigrants in my experience, which get the least criticism of all).

So the MSM is misleading everyone by turning it into a racial issue when it's actually primarily based on these issues:
2) Lack of Education

Racism might only account for 5% of this overall issue, whereas 1-4 listed above are 95% of the actual reason why people complain about these specific immigrants.

You can’t say with certainty that racism only accounts for 5%. There are no numbers to support it. You would have to know how many people actually care about illegal immigration VS racist people who just don’t like Mexicans.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

2) Lack of Education

You can’t say with certainty that racism only accounts for 5%. There are no numbers to support it. You would have to know how many people actually care about illegal immigration VS racist people who just don’t like Mexicans.

The numbers do support my estimates fairly well.

But just to be more precise, we need to split "Racism" into at least two sub-categories.

1) General racism of whites vs everyone.
2) Racism based on real-world cultural circumstances, eg. everyone vs Mexicans/centAmericans.

My figure of 5% was based on whites vs everyone - which the numbers heavily support my conclusion.

I do think it's plausible that there is a 'cultural bias' situation where everyone vs Mex/centAmer does develop into a type of quasi-racism. This could also be supported by the numbers as well, but at some point we have to agree that this group does represent the majority of the problem (70%) and so it should be no surprise that cultural bias figures heavily against them. All other groups are disproportionately under-represented and cause less of the frustration/difficulty (language/education).

So at this point, yes, cultural bias/quasi-racism could be half of the problem by now, but it's no surprise is it??

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Lots of Asians are white. Many of the former soviet countries over on that side of the world are populated by white asians. Much of Russia's Asian population is white, too. Being Asian doesn't mean that you look like to are from China or Japan. Round neat India and Pakistan many regions are populated with black/brown Asians.

I think that maybe you are conflating being white and being northern European.

Technically about half of the middle east is white.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I should be in bed but I can't sleep so I want to say something about the OP in a round about way...

The US only has two land locked borders, Canada and Mexico.

North of Canada,,, you have the Artic.... not a lot of immigrants from either.

South of Mexico,, you have South America containing several more countries. Many of these countries happen to be prime growing areas for various types of illegal drugs. Due to this, the drug cartels have ran rampart over far too many countries and there's only one thing for certain, and that it is also a huge problem that too many governments may shoot at the cartel during the day, they still kiss each other goodnight...if you catch my drift.

From a logistical stand point,,seems like the southern border is exactly where our focus should be and on those who cross it.

Fix the obvious problem and the immigrant flow will substantially subside. It's not because there aren't any white/asian/ etc illegal immigrants, it is because of the vast majority of illegal immigrants are from south of our border and the rest dwarf in number in comparison.

two points were left out of this post on purpose... just to see if anyone will notice them.
edit on 9-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

plus they're not as visible like the border in there thousands monthly imo

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Doesn’t an illegal immigrant have a negative impact on our country regardless of their race or language spoken?

No no, only those frome SHOLE countries... i.e. Guess which ones are the bad ones.

It's not about the crime in this society, it's about who commits the crime...

If a mass shooters name is Ahmmed = terrorist.
If it's Sean = mental health and video games.
If a white person makes false hate crime report, = racist
If a black person makes false hate crime report = victim driven to madness because of racism..
If a white illegal = they contribute to society
If a non-white illegal = rapists and murderers and invaders

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

How come I never see anyone mention illegal immigrants who are white Europeans or Canadians? They aren’t targeted by ice raids. Not talked about by conservatives OR liberals. It’s always about Mexicans or Muslims. It’s almost as if there is some sort of prejudice towards Mexicans and Muslims/middle easterns? Or how else can one explain the difference in treatment?

Maybe because YOU are too focused on race/nationality/skin color to educate yourself and understand the difference. Actually, I don't think there's any maybe about it. You obviously haven't even done a modicum of research, or have any real understanding of the issues, but are sure quick to point those racist fingers.

Besides the sheer numbers overwhelming our southern border, because people are getting hurt by the predominantly brown south-of-the-border criminal gangs and cartels, who routinely wreak havoc and destruction and death upon anyone and everyone, including their human cargo.

Because rape trees, drop houses, forced prostitution, ransom demands, robberies, assaults and other vicious crimes are not just common, but pretty much inherent to the south-of-the-border human smuggling operation.

Because their human cargo is routinely abandoned in the desert, in canyons, in tractor-trailers in sweltering heat with no food or water, requiring rescue and medical attention -- and too often, that isn't enough, or the help came too late.

White European illegal immigrants are far more likely to enter legally, and remain illegally. It is not the same problem and not the same solution. However, to put your oh-so-worried self to rest:

Pr esident Donald J. Trump is Taking Action to Reduce Visa Overstays and Uphold the Rule of Law

White House weighs travel restrictions for countries with frequent visa overstays

In a shift, Trump targets foreign travelers who overstay their U.S. visas

Next time you start pointing that racist finger, remember that you have four more pointing right back at you.
edit on 9-8-2019 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Arizona’s law allows police officers to ask for proof of citizenship or proof they are allowed to be here legally. How many white people do you think get asked for their papers?

Every single solitary one that cannot initially produce a valid driver's license or ID.

If an officer pulls you over or otherwise detains you, they will ask for a driver's license or state ID -- from everyone. Black, White, Mexican, Purple Polka Dot. It is also the law that we all must carry valid ID on our persons and produce it if asked. If you cannot produce that valid ID, then and only then will officers further pursue proof of identification, including citizenship. Black, White, Mexican, Purple Polka Dot.

Oh! And for legal immigrants, green cards are an acceptable form of valid ID.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Arizona’s law allows police officers to ask for proof of citizenship or proof they are allowed to be here legally. How many white people do you think get asked for their papers?

Every single solitary one that cannot initially produce a valid driver's license or ID.

If an officer pulls you over or otherwise detains you, they will ask for a driver's license or state ID -- from everyone. Black, White, Mexican, Purple Polka Dot. It is also the law that we all must carry valid ID on our persons and produce it if asked. If you cannot produce that valid ID, then and only then will officers further pursue proof of identification, including citizenship. Black, White, Mexican, Purple Polka Dot.

Oh! And for legal immigrants, green cards are an acceptable form of valid ID.

Smells like freedom....

Papers please ,or off to the gas chambers for you. ...
edit on 9-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Smells like freedom....

Papers please ,or off to the gas chambers for you....

I can't argue. But to be fair and accurate, it started at the federal level and 911. Although the Arizona law simply mirrored the federal law, Obama still sued Arizona (and Sheriff Joe) for daring to enforce federal law at the state level.

Having said that, conditions and "totality of circumstances" on the southern border have changed greatly with the mass of "unaccompanied minors" and the more recent caravans traveling from Central and South America.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It got to the whole " papers please " because there were unwanted people there and they needed to be rid of ...

History is repeating itself.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Flying into Tampa one time (from Germany) to visit my dad for a about a week, my only piece of luggage was a carry on back pack apparently that was enough to flag me.

So they pulled me aside and said how many other bags I said this is it they had me sit and apparently waited for everything to be unloaded form the plane to make certain. After about 10 mins I took my phone out to let my 72 yr old father who was waiting on me know I was held up.

That pissed them off pretty good, came up saying no cell phone use allowed I finished my call (since it was almost done) never acknowledging the guy (yes I was being petty at this point) and waited ended up being nearly 45 mins. Finally they asked for ID handed them my military passport and military ID.

Suddenly they had someone available to check my luggage and their demeanor changed, that really annoyed me so If I hadn't had military credentials how far would that have gone?

edit on 9-8-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I don't know why you ignore illegals, I don't. Anyone who is here illegally needs to go. The only reason you think what you think is because of the media. It's fake news.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Unfortunately there are people like that who seek out these positions to exert power over others. They can be found everywhere, including healthcare.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Boadicea

It got to the whole " papers please " because there were unwanted people there and they needed to be rid of ...

History is repeating itself.

I'm more inclined to think that the "unwanteds" were simply an opportunity to exert more power and control over all of us uppity citizens thinking we have genuine absolute and inalienable rights...

The critters can't have that.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Because white makes it all right, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't know why you ignore illegals, I don't. Anyone who is here illegally needs to go. The only reason you think what you think is because of the media. It's fake news.

I don’t watch the news. If I ignored white immigrants why would I make this post?

Show me one post on ATS about illegal immigration that mentions white immigrants.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join