It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argumentum ad Misericordiam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What is it and, what is it good for?

An appeal to pity is a fallacy in which someone tries to win support for an argument or idea by exploiting his or her opponent's feelings of pity or guilt. It is a specific kind of appeal to emotion. The name "Galileo argument" refers to the scientist's suffering as a result of his house arrest by the Inquisition.

Overview of Ad Misericordiam Arguments;

Misericordiam

This alone, is all the leftists and media have. They are no better than paid trolls and shills.

They have no answers to the problems they have caused and are perpetuating. Nor do they want them.

A people must be divided, before it is conquered.

Set aside your personal preference and dispositions, and step back far enough to see both ends of the spectrum for what they truly are.

The whole story is never just one side. It takes a complete perspective to understand.

Allowing ones bias and prejudices to cause impaired judgement, is no better than knee jerk reacting out of emotional impulse, rather than a logical response.

Utilizing emotional bias impulse is how the masses are manipulated.

Next is another key measure of manipulation;

› kent-csi › html

Web results

The Operational Potential of Subliminal Perception — Central Intelligence Agency

May 8, 2007 · The Operational Potential of Subliminal Perception, ... of the techniques of hypnosis, extrasensory perception

The Operational Potential of Subliminal Perception
APPROVED FOR RELEASE 1994
CIA HISTORICAL REVIEW PROGRAM
18 SEPT 95

SECRET

THE OPERATIONAL POTENTIAL OF SUBLIMINAL PERCEPTION

Richard Gafford

Perception is demonstrated to have occurred below the threshold of conscious sensory experience when a person responds to a stimulus too weak in intensity or too short in duration for him to be aware of it. Individual behavior without awareness of the stimulus, of which subliminal perception is a subtype, has been a subject of study in psychological laboratories for at least 70 years, and a great deal of technical data has been collected on the subject. Recently it has been associated with some theories of depth analysis and popularized for possible commercial exploitation by the advertising world.

OP-SP

Think about it...

Finally there's the Political Warfare aspect that's waged globally and has been as can be seen in the above linked source.
Below I'll post an external quote for reference.

Political Warfare;

The objective of this course is to prepare the student to master the basic knowledge of political and psychological warfare as instruments of leadership and statecraft from antiquity to the present, and with an eye toward the future. Though full of tactical and operational examples, the emphasis is on the strategic use of political warfare.

The course pays close attention to the use of words, rhetoric, language and images; art, architecture, culture, economics, intelligence and counterintelligence, nationalism, psychology, propaganda, and counterpropaganda.

Given the above three bits of knowledge, I hope to leave those who may have read this with a better idea of the tricks, and it helps connects a few dots and helps guide one to the bigger picture.

People can't stop being manipulated by disinformation campaigns until they are aware of the techniques being used.

It's like the dark arts of the political world, can't defend one's self against it, if don't know what it is.

edit on 8-8-2019 by ADVISOR because: Fixed URL

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
True, but the Jesus followers have a sense of the base truth,

Just Devine Intention...we know what it is and we laugh at the court of the crimson king

Texas, Tierra truth
edit on 9-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
All this information is important to be awaer of.

Unfortunately I have to disagree this is not coming from the left...

The division is made by a higher standard than left and right!

The divisions into left and right is made to keep you down!
By blaming the left for applying this knowledge you are playing right into the division game.
Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
De gustibus non est disputandum

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Perception is demonstrated to have occurred below the threshold of conscious sensory experience when a person responds to a stimulus too weak in intensity or too short in duration for him to be aware of it. Individual behavior without awareness of the stimulus, of which subliminal perception is a subtype, has been a subject of study in psychological laboratories for at least 70 years, and a great deal of technical data has been collected on the subject. Recently it has been associated with some theories of depth analysis and popularized for possible commercial exploitation by the advertising world.

edit on 8/9/2019 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Their deception and division isn’t working.
The ‘left’ is dwindling rapidly. If actually measured it is likely to be the number one fastest shrinking minority in the United States.

Their tactics of openly lying, finger pointing at falsehoods and their never ending false claims of ‘racism’, their absolute failure at collusion hoaxes and false claims of ‘influence’ and ‘obstruction’ have done nothing but drive supporters away.

En masse

But true to form, they will double down. Again. And lose even more.

The libertarians would do well to exploit this massive exodus of the dEmocrat support base. They could well become the ‘second party’ in American politics. Because the dEms no longer are.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

"No matter how much the monkey screeches, never let him drive."

-- Monkey Driver Victim Number 2,742

There is far too much screeching in the public discourse.

Its primary function is self-identifying those who should not be making decisions.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Canem meum non habet nasum.
Quid est: ubi odoratus?
Awful.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
All this information is important to be awaer of.

Unfortunately I have to disagree this is not coming from the left...

The division is made by a higher standard than left and right!

The divisions into left and right is made to keep you down!
By blaming the left for applying this knowledge you are playing right into the division game.
Sincerely No Clue

Ding-ding-ding!

Winnah-winnah-chicken-dinnah!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Agreed.

There is no middle ground, and the lines are being blurred while the rhetorical division can been seen within both sides far extremes.

Many who are being manipulated may not even realize it, while those who are doing the manipulation are either knowingly doing so, or as I mentioned earlier they are being useful idiots aka ignorant tools.

I was trying to highlight the techniques used, and yes I am highly prejudice against the left.

None the less, I don't have any interest in n either left or rights extremist aspects. I'm comfortable with the moderate or middle ground if it can be returned to.

In addition to what was posted above, I'd like to share another great source of information covering even further techniques used and possibly in conjunction with other techniques.

One of the classic cliché’s of conspiracy theory is the idea that when an assassin or a shooter goes on a rampage and kills a political leader or shoots up a mall we can attribute the killers mental disintegration on mind control carried out by dark figures that use magic, hypnosis, and drugs to trigger someone into becoming a killing machine.

When our government undertook their various individual programs for exploring the possibility of mind control they were seeking out a way to disintegrate the personality of a subject and then replace it with some other convenient form that they could easily control.

During the Cold War, the purpose of this mind-altering was of course to create an army of unwitting “Manchurian Candidates” but it was also a way to create a cult of intelligence that can be called on or triggered at a moment’s notice to carry out some clandestine mission.

8/8/19: MONTAUK MINDS

I was listening to that radio show, and it sparked another brush fire in my mind. Getting me all fired up again for more data mining on the subject.

Of course it's not the first time I've done such on this subject. There's a ton of foreign projects, that were conducted which we may never learn about.

Same goes for American projects, however we have a declassify clause, meaning eventually the info may be discovered.

Well there's that, again just wanted to share since it was related.

Manipulation is the bread and butter of politics.
We should not forget that fact, remember;

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Charters of Freedom

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Only a couple years old, and already most should be able to see how the mocking bird media, has accelerated rapidly.

Fairly certain many have an idea of what this may be, how ever wanted to also bump the material due to recent patterns repeating. Well thats what patterns do, history proves it.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

LOL.

"Your Honor, my incarceration is cruel and unusual punishment. First, my prison-issued shower sandals are grossly undersized. Secondly, the prison book club consists mainly of prisoners who club me with books." Sideshow Bob in "Day of the Jackanapes." The Simpsons, 2001

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If only I had feelings.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
If only I had feelings.

Or a soul.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I might not have a soul, but I've been collecting them.

top topics

join