It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Sues FBI & DOJ Over Dismissal Blames Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Andrew McCabe, briefly the head of the FBI has filed suit
against the DOJ and the FBI for his firing. McCabe was previously
the Deputy Director, that is until James Comey was fired
for his actions during the lead up to the 2016 election.

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe sued the Justice Department and the FBI Thursday over his dismissal from the bureau last year, arguing that the agencies bowed to political pressure from President Trump

McCabe, predictably is blaming President Trump, ignoring his own
violations of FBI policy and his on the record "lack of candor".

He claims in his lawsuit that he was fired in retaliation,
more on that in a minute.

"Trump demanded Plaintiff's [McCabe's] personal allegiance, he sought retaliation when Plaintiff refused to give it, and Sessions, Wray, and others served as Trump's personal enforcers rather than the nation's highest law enforcement officials, catering to Trump's unlawful whims instead of honoring their oaths to uphold the Constitution,

www.foxnews.com...

Oh the irony! Notably missing from the lawsuit is any mention
that he was caught leaking to the press, found conspiring to
overthrow a duly elected sitting President, and yet he blames
Sessions and Wray and Trump!

This comes as McCabe's comrade Peter Strzok's suit
was filed just two days ago.

McCabe and Comey repeatedly remind the public
of their integrity and "public service".

While that may be true of the majority
of those at the FBI, these two chose instead
to put political preferences first and broke all
the rules, twisting them to suit their own
crooked corrupt agenda.

It must be so stressful now that The Coup failed, and
the Mueller circus ended in a whimper, reputations
in ruins and now just the punch line in the jokes.

Well, all I can say is the discovery will be glorious!
Glorious!

Who's next? James Comey? Circus round two?
Or three, I've lost track with these bozo's.

Can't wait!

edit on 8-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
He and the others are just getting ahead of what's going to be happening later.

This way, they have convenient excuses for delays on all other "matters" 😎

The lawyers can claim "pre-existing" conflicts of interests 😎0😎1😎2😎3😎

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Old theory here... All of this comes out steadily to keep everyone "engaged".

Nothing ever happens, no one ever "wins". It's just old politics rebranded to fit the current reality craved minds.

*ON NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE OF WHAT YOUR TAXES GO TO: TRUMP TWEETS SOMETHING AND PISSES EVERYONE OFF. LATER IN THE EPISODE SOMETHING UNRELATED TO EVERYTHING HAPPENS AND HE GETS BLAMED*

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

McCabe and Strzok might have a case for either reinstatement, or a BIG $$$ Settlement, because neither was indicted for the indictable offenses they committed.

JAMES COMEY should call McCabe and Strzok's attorney, and join the party!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think the angle is more about his retirement.... he is going with "that OPR rushed the decision based on political pressure"....he might get his termination date moved forward,, it was the day before he retired. That's about it.

He isn't going to get his job back.

EDIT: Here's something they aren't telling you: Lawsuits by fired employees are common across all of DOJ. Every DOJ employee has the right to appeal a OPR termination decision and be represented by council when doing so...technically, he is doing what every one has the right to do. I've seen people appeal and get re-instated.(very few succeed in a reversal, those that do, it is almost always alcohol related).. it happens from the GS-9 to GS-14 range mostly and you never hear about those.
edit on 8-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He and the others are just getting ahead of what's going to be happening later.

This way, they have convenient excuses for delays on all other "matters" 😎

Oh, but of course!

Well, they are sitting on the outside this time,
not knowing what is happening on the inside.

Something tells me that AG Barr might be
amused, he might be pissed, but he will
certainly be looking for a win.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Nothing ever happens, no one ever "wins". It's just old politics rebranded to fit the current reality craved minds.

Here's a name for you -

Amy Berman Jackson - circus master ring three.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

With those kinds of cases, would they be required to go through
the MSPB ( Merit Systems Protection Board) first?

And did they even file with the MSPB in a timely fashion?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Pffft. Citgo is about to default their majority power shares, India and Pakistan are flirting with a standoff, China is about to absorb Hong Kong under communist rule... And this chick is supposed to shake my world?

I feel underwhelmed.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I can only speak for DOJ policy and what I observed during my time with the FBI but there is a time frame for appeals but I couldn't tell you now what it was, I am sure it's on the OPR web site somewhere. I actually knew someone pretty good who got canned for doing something stupid...they appealed with their lawyer and still lost.... still had to pay their lawyer.

A bad OPR decision kinda work like this, there are three levels at the higher end before you get canned

1 week off ...no pay
2 weeks off....no pay
30 days off...no pay
Termination.

There are lesser, 1 or 3 day suspensions, etc, but once you hit the 1 week level of offense,,, you've done something that merits that kind of discipline and your butt is on the line so to speak....you can even accrue two separate 1 week suspensions and still keep your job...but again, your time is numbered. Any previous OPR infractions are looked at and are considered in the second decision. Not sure how long an OPR decision stays in an employee's file before they are removed.

EDIT: Again, the above applies to GS-9 to GS-14, at McCabe's level it's a different ballgame. The basic OPR principles still apply though.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And Donald Trump shakes them all with one tweet.

That must make you nervous, eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
They are still getting their retirements from what I read. What they can't do is get them now which is a perk for Federal law enforcement and active military. Only jobs I know where the retirement is automatic, no waiting until 57, 60 or whatever the age is established for other agencies.

It's a very nice perk. Someone in the military could get their full retirement at age 38. I knew someone who did it. In McCabe's case, he can't get it right now. I think the same goes for Strzok. It was a disciplinary action against them.

It looks like they are getting scared of this report coming out and are attempting a stall tactic to delay any further action against them as long as possible. Fairly standard practice. They must be really scared because the lawyer fees are hefty. They are losing a lot of money but losing money is likely not their biggest concern.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wonder if McCabe is using the same attorney Strzok did?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And Donald Trump shakes them all with one tweet.

That must make you nervous, eh?

Why would it make me nervous? I voted for him, and there's more of a chance of me opting out than voting for one of the mouth foamers running against him.

He's a meme president, that's how he got elected, and so far its what makes this time line fun enough to distract from the fact status quo isn't as nervous as you think I am.

The infrastructure is still crumbling, we're paying more for needless wars than years prior, we're cutting from programs investing back into tax payers, and worse of all we're continuing to cut into rights by hyping up rhetoric to deminish dissenting voices against meme lord.

People are discarding nuance for self affirmation, wholesale. Every party and ideology.

It's not better, but I won't blame it on him... He's just a symptom. πŸ‘

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I actually knew someone pretty good who got canned for doing something stupid...they appealed with their lawyer and still lost.... still had to pay their lawyer.

Interesting stuff, thanks. Not knowing yet if McCabe went
through any internal appeal, however he was recommended
for prosecution, and there was a grand jury empaneled.

I suppose we will learn more in the upcoming days.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

McCabe and Strzok might have a case for either reinstatement, or a BIG $$$ Settlement, because neither was indicted for the indictable offenses they committed.

I think much will depend on which judge they get, like Greg Craig.

But, McCabe was found by the IG to be basically a serial liar.
I am wondering if this is just more of an expensive political stunt?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Likely. It sounds like the exact same lawsuit. Maybe the same firm? What I want to really know is how are they financing it. These government suing lawyers are high dollar. It's a very specialized field. This isn't some garden variety lawyer suing an 18 wheeler company for a traffic accident.

They made good money but not that good and they don't have income right now other than TV shows to my knowledge. Even with their spouse's income, it's still not enough to keep this up very long. They'll be bankrupt in a couple of years just like Michael Flynn and he still has his military General pension.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: RickinVa
I actually knew someone pretty good who got canned for doing something stupid...they appealed with their lawyer and still lost.... still had to pay their lawyer.

Interesting stuff, thanks. Not knowing yet if McCabe went
through any internal appeal, however he was recommended
for prosecution, and there was a grand jury empaneled.

I suppose we will learn more in the upcoming days.

That's why I believe this particular lawsuit is attempt to get his retirement...whether he goes to jail or not at a later date doesn't really matter. He needs money and he knows it.

I don't believe there is enough money in the world for him to get his job back...that's the least of his worries....but it may also be a strategy to lay the ground work for a defense in a criminal trial....all he has to do is get CNN to provide the platform to get the rest of the media stirred up prior about this lawsuit before the hammer drops and he winds up in criminal proceedings, then they will claim the "negative bias" from the civil lawsuit prevents him from getting a fair criminal trial blah blah blah... my 2 cents.
edit on 9-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I wonder if McCabe is using the same attorney Strzok did?

Looking at the filing here:
apps.npr.org...

McCabe's attorney is an Murad Hussain
with the firm Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP.

Strozk has two law firms, not the same.
assets.documentcloud.org...
Zukerman Spaeder LLP
and
Heller, Huron, Chertkof & Salzman

edit on 9-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

So in otherwords, they are sensationalizing it 🧐

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join