It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally experienced my first racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

PS racism has a very specific definition..

Belief that one or more races is genetically superior to one or more races..

Lots of things people pretend match that definition do not.

There are dozens of reasons he might not want a white person to date his daughter that have nothing to do with genetic superiority..

Such as he could believe the average white person is racist and likely to play his daughter and treat her like trash..

So it is a math thing..it doesn’t make him right , but doesn’t make him racist either.. as any white person who proved they didn’t think of Cubans as trash , would likely gain his acceptance..

But as a white person you are right.. the world should open up to you.. everyone should let you date their daughter and rainbows and unicorns for everyone!!!

Lol

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

there you go with projection again, putting your issues into print and blaming them on me, cause you said a whole lot that had nothing to do with me.

I was going to give you a hint, but whats the point... I could understand the language they were using when they told her to send me home and not see me any more but sure its just my white privilege not what I heard.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have completely have failed my White Privilege or maybe it has failed me.

Lifes soo confusing anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I was 8 years old when I had my first "racist" encounter. It was also my first time hearing the word n word. My mom cried a bit, but of course I didnt understand why.

That was 23 years ago and Ive had a few more since, including being detained in Tennessee for 6 hours on suspect of being a "pimp", for just hanging out with a couple of russians.

I guess you're lucky OP to make it to your (presumably) adulthood without experiencing it.

Or maybe you're saying its the first time you've had it directed towards you?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was standing in line at a soup kitchen in Austin.
There was a large, handsome male of obvious African decent speaking aloud to himself.
He told himself that he was going to "Kill all of these white men."
I stepped right up and said "Let's start right here."
He clammed up and backed down.
It is scary...the whole whitey hating thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm from Detroit I've been called a cracker so many times the word has lost all meaning. I just laugh when I hear it. I've seen racism go both ways and I don't care what anybody calls me.
edit on 12-8-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is scary,I had a Maori absolute sovereignty flag waved at me by my neighbors for yelling at their pit bull chasing my cat....on my property. I just smiled,I find racism is a vent for uneducated people looking for someone to blame for their fkd up mentality.

a reply to: Homefree

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: circuitsports

Uncle Salty in the hizzo my nizzo.

You're an adult and you've never been called a cracker until just now? You obviously haven't been hanging out with the right crowd.

I've been called many things by many people, most of those I would chalk up as talking trash even if some of it was racist.

This was pure unadulterated racism.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
This was pure unadulterated racism.

No it wasn't, the guy was obviously unhinged as evident by his shopping cart reaction. Crazy people say stupid ****.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think the first real instances of casual racism I encountered were in high school running track and field. We had one of the best teams in the state, but we were almost all white too. We had one black girl on the squad and she was good, but nowhere near our best. We went undefeated as a team clear through state one year.

We butted heads with one other team who was also good and mostly black, and they would ask her how she carried our entire team. Or they would make comments to our sprinters about being little white girls with skinny white chicken legs. Stuff like that.

It was the casual assumption that blacks are superior in athletics, especially when it comes to things like track and field, and when you look at our US National Squad, you can't argue too much with it, but in our particular high school situation, it wasn't exactly true. We were the superior squad with the superior talent, even if we were mostly white.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It was the casual assumption that blacks are superior in athletics...

This was 100% verified in the documentary White Men Can't Jump.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I think the first real instances of casual racism I encountered were in high school running track and field. We had one of the best teams in the state, but we were almost all white too. We had one black girl on the squad and she was good, but nowhere near our best. We went undefeated as a team clear through state one year.

We butted heads with one other team who was also good and mostly black, and they would ask her how she carried our entire team. Or they would make comments to our sprinters about being little white girls with skinny white chicken legs. Stuff like that.

It was the casual assumption that blacks are superior in athletics, especially when it comes to things like track and field, and when you look at our US National Squad, you can't argue too much with it, but in our particular high school situation, it wasn't exactly true. We were the superior squad with the superior talent, even if we were mostly white.

White people run as fast as they can.
Black people run as fast as they have to.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Meh, it really depends more on body build and sport than it does on ethnicity. Generally speaking, blacks tend to an overall body plan that favors running -- shorter torso, longer limbs, but whites will be better in the pool because they tend to have a body plan that favors swimming -- longer limbs, longer torso. Asians follow the same body plan as whites, but since they are shorter overall, they won't do as well in the pool usually.

Body plans tend to correlate loosely with ethnic groups, but it's not perfect.

I have a short torso and long limbs which is why I was a good track and field athlete.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Meh, it really depends more on body build and sport than it does on ethnicity. Generally speaking, blacks tend to an overall body plan that favors running -- shorter torso, longer limbs, but whites will be better in the pool because they tend to have a body plan that favors swimming -- longer limbs, longer torso. Asians follow the same body plan as whites, but since they are shorter overall, they won't do as well in the pool usually.

Body plans tend to correlate loosely with ethnic groups, but it's not perfect.

I have a short torso and long limbs which is why I was a good track and field athlete.
I've seen a black dude nearly drown when he was shoved into the shallow end of a pool.
Total panic.
It was really strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join