It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Drone FPV goggles came in! Wow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I got new goggles with OLED screens in them. The clarity is much better than I was used to flying with. Here is a brief review / first flight with them. I felt far more comfortable flying close to the ground and in shaded area's. Normally those would be area's I could only briefly enter or try and avoid. This is a more laid back flight, just feeling out the new view. Enjoy!

Coming from the Attitude V3 and a single Foxeer Pagoda Pro antenna. This was an amazing upgrade. The amount of confidence alone I got. The picture is super crisp. Not only super crisp, but I have perfect reception where I once had a screen full of fuzz. The FOV is perfect for keeping your eyes focused center screen, but not too big that objects are out of your peripheral vision. Normally, only during winter and early spring could I fly down behind the pond without getting lost reception. Aside from that, I can fly much closer to the ground without getting any sort of video degradation. Shadowed area's are no longer a void into nothing, but objects can now be seen. The ONLY negative. Which I can most likely find a resolution to with some thought. The fitting of the goggles themselves. I feel like the padded rim needs to be worn in a bit. Mine is pretty stiff and allows some light to shine in if not seated JUST right. I'm used to the big foam plate of the V3's. So that could just be it. Here is the first flight with the V5's. I hope you enjoy!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128
That is really cool. Is this a hobby or are you makin money?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ummm...way cool man...(Yes...I’m from that generation)

I had...only one small critique...

When you start out...you circle almost 360 around this one bush and don’t put the first person focus of the Camera on the bush as you go around it...I just think it was a perfect spot to slow motion around the bush while keeping the camera trained on the bush...

But then later on...you do that around a tree in real time...

I just think that effect is...effective...especially when the video motion is slowed...

Edit to add...almost like a slow motion strafing run around a target...

YouSir
edit on 8-8-2019 by YouSir because: I’m He Man...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Hobby

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Really, really cool demonstration man. I can only imagine how fun that must be. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
That is a great flight.

What's your setup?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

This is my older F3 build. 220mm frame. 5 inch props running Emax RS2205 red bottoms. They were top of the line motors 2 years ago. Still smooth!! Taranis QX7 radio and my new FatShark attitude V5 OLED goggles.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Cool! If you ever get a chance you should take it through the weekiiwachi and put music to it.
This is one of my favorite drone vids of the weekiwachi.
Weekiwachi
edit on 9-8-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Which drone is it?

You control its movement with your goggles?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Nice flying!

Question:

Do you get any side effects from wearing the FPV goggles?
I have tried VR and had a short go on an FPV drone-But after only a minute or so I get serious motion sickness symptoms.
Headache,weird dizziness,spinning head feeling(pretty similar to a hard hangover).
It only takes a minute for these symptoms to start,but they don't go away for a couple of hours.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

For the first 6 month flying with the goggles on, I would have to sit down. It was almost like vertigo. But over time you get used to it. Now I can stand and engage in conversation while I fly.

@gladtobehere - I build my own drones. Carbon fiber frames, ect. This would be considered a "race drone". SImilar to what they race on TV in the Drone Racing League.

top topics

join