It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Airport Monopoly Finally Going Down In Flames

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow what a victory........ Not

This is less about some ones ridiculous ideology one way or the other and more about wringing even more $$$$$ out of networks, travelers, et al.

How about less TV and a more serene environment before we are crammed into an aluminum tube with ever decreasing seat pitch in what has become the airborne equivalent of a cattle car and many of the public behave as if it is

Seriously, who is actually watching that crap drone on in an airport anyway? Mobile device penetration is nearly complete and lacking WiFi most have content ready to go anyway.

I miss the 70's when the price of a ticket kept the clearly unsuitable to travel at home

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I miss the 70's when the price of a ticket kept the clearly unsuitable to travel at home

That's too funny!

People actually used to dress nicely when they flew "the friendly skies", too. And there were no support dogs, peacocks, squirrels, etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Pfft.

This is so racist!

The fuselage of most planes are white, the tarmac is black and the lines are yellow.

Airports are racist.

#BanAirports

How dare you say the word "white"! You must be racist butthole and work at airports! reeeee

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
CNN should start a loop with Howard Stern as the moderator, interviewing the Dixie Chicks while John Lennons "Imagine" is playing and a poster with "Democracy is best taught by example, not by war" slogan should be shown in the background.

Why?

Those are censored things on Clear Channel Communications, mother of Clear Channel Outdoor. Lets prick them!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Most (95%) of Americans don't realize that AT&T now owns CNN. That is because AT&T is not proud of this new, unwanted child. CNN was merely a company that was within the highly desirable WarnerMedia group.

ATT/Warner Merger and Structure Info: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
Actually in a round about way we do pay. When you have any cable network provider they pay a portion to all the major networks. That is how CNN is actually surviving. It is not entirely based on viewership anymore.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

How much the providers pay CNN is based on viewership. So if the viewership is way down then when negotiations happen the providers won't pay much.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
this wouldn't be such an issue if the fcc would bring back that equal time rule, we desperately need to bring it back in these times of political divisiveness.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
this wouldn't be such an issue if the fcc would bring back that equal time rule, we desperately need to bring it back in these times of political divisiveness.

Not sure it would matter? Plus who/what/where/why/ and when would decide when it is time to switch channels? Every 30 minutes? Every hour? What if say CNN is playing from 1am to 6am? Fair?

Also by that standard do we then allow say say Al Jazera equal time? Hezzbolah TV?

Or do use our right to simply ignore what ever on the tube? Better yet, find a bar. Its ALWAYS sports

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: namehere

Or do use our right to simply ignore what ever on the tube? Better yet, find a bar. Its ALWAYS sports

Fred...
A person could be deaf and blind walking through the airport...and CNN would STILL be able to list them as a CNN viewer when setting their viewership ratings for advertisers.

CNN'd probably list their seeing-eye dog as a viewer too.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It says the article is from 2012

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Point is we should not be giving money to partisan hacks like FOX, msnbc, ect...

Pointless to argue who is better when they all minipulate and push agendas.

Correct but the agendas have come down to anti American CNN or pro American fox.

Antifa, BLM, LGBTQ, muslims, hollyweird and illegal aliens are the sole CNN and Democrat backers.
Line drawn, who the hell would align themselves with those groups?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Chanologist

Good catch.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Although James Earl Jones agreed to license his voice to CNN again, even he admits to not watching CNN ! Glad to see CNN swirling the bowl, they stink !

Jones, ironically, admitted in an interview last summer that he favors MSNBC himself. “I’m always on MSNBC,” Jones said. “I can’t get enough of it. I even venture into the right-wing talk shows sometimes.” Maybe James Earl Jones will change his mind now that he’s a part of CNN again. Either way, get used to hearing this again:

www.inquisitr.com...

How about cool Travel shows playing in Airports, makes sense, family friendly, entertaining, possibly informative AND could probably get Hotels, travel agencies, etc. to sponsor them.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Dont align yourself with any MSM. Why do u need to watch FOX when you know they are hacks?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Ted Turner must be really disappointed at what his network has become....

No !

Turner is a virulent, virtue-signalling leftist- but--for-me-BILLIONAIRE libtard

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Point is we should not be giving money to partisan hacks like FOX, msnbc, ect...

Pointless to argue who is better when they all minipulate and push agendas.

Correct but the agendas have come down to anti American CNN or pro American fox.

Just for the record though, CNN is in no way "anti-American"... It's just blatantly anti-Trump.

Likewise, Fox news isn't necessarily "pro-American"... It's just completely biased in favour of the Republican party.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A person could be deaf and blind walking through the airport...and CNN would STILL be able to list them as a CNN viewer when setting their viewership ratings for advertisers.

CNN'd probably list their seeing-eye dog as a viewer too.

You make a good point but To be fair I'm not an expert on how they gauge audience size but from an advertising perspective it cannot be as valuable as other forms if you know what I mean.

Lets face it broadcast news in this fashion is pretty dead anyway.

I go back to my premise. Something that is in no way be politicized or at least minimal like the discover channel. I'm going to get a push headline from preferred news source on my mobile device for anything breaking anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24547955]Subaeruginosa

Word.

CNN followers are JUST as adamant as are MSNBC et al.

The bottom line at least in the US. Airports almost 99% here are owned by cities and counties. Given that EVERY news source has its slant these days (Sexual weirdo and rapist aside old Rodger new how to weaponize and monetize) makes sense to me to basically BAN all networks news. If you feel compelled then cycle through local news the rest keep it entertaining but bland.

edit on 8/9/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Edumakated
Ted Turner must be really disappointed at what his network has become....

No !

Turner is a virulent, virtue-signalling leftist- but--for-me-BILLIONAIRE libtard

And his Wife too 😎

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join