It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Montana Man Fractured a Kid’s Skull for “Disrespecting” the National Anthem

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: shooterbrody

He assumed correctly.

And now the lawyer is effectively saying, "Trump made my client do this". Can Trumps speech be classified as non 1st amendment speech now? What he's saying is causing imminent lawless action. I think it qualifies.

Curt Brockway’s defense attorney, Lance Jasper, told The Missoulian that his client is a U.S. Army veteran. He said Brockway was influenced by President Donald Trump’s “rhetoric” surrounding the national anthem.

“His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished,” Jasper told the newspaper. “He certainly didn’t understand it was a crime.”

heavy.com...

Holy crap
Trumps words made someone do something?
Is he a wizard?
That is how that works right ?

Oh wait
The perp is a cripple.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is he a wizard?

Gandalf the Mofo'ing Orange.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I already know you're the type of poster that posts crap without real reason or insight. I actually like your posts. But if you're going to reply, at least have something in the bag. You insult America and generalize half of Americans. Back it up or blow it out your ass.

I say this with love. (gotta respect your elders, after all)

--------------------The satire----------------------->
Your head

If you think I don't understand, you truly are getting too old...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which is likely the entire defense strategy of this POS.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I find this to be funny (qeer, orginal meaning) that you would make fun of someone with a disability, Shame on all of you.

quite a few of the posters in this thread called out President Trump when he (allegedly) mocked a disabled person, Here we have a confirmed disabled person who is non compos mentis, and you are using him for political points.

you people are sick. I will add this though, quite a few of you in this thread wonder why something like dayton or elpaso happened.

if you HONESTLY look in the past, the mass shooting started when children started getttiing "time outs" instead of spankings.

I do not however believe for one second any of you will honestly look.

yes this mentally disabled person hurt someone else, and it's a shame.

To acually Blame President Trump for this, show who is really non compos mentis.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Then if you know it's satire how can I be 'disrespecting half of America'?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Then if you know it's satire how can I be 'disrespecting half of America'?

You're a smart guy. Put it together. It's not tough.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Which is likely the entire defense strategy of this POS.

I don't like either of the BS excuses his lawyer used, 'I'm a disabled vet', 'Trump made me do it'. Waaaaaaa.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Trump made me do it
That is his defense

news.vice.com...

Oh, that's gold.

I was just taking a stab in the dark (or educated guess) about him being a hardline Trump supporter. Then it turns out he's actually using it as a defence... lol.

That statement was anything but educated. And while I find it absolutely appalling that you would bring politics into this, I'll play the game. Chances are, if he really is blaming Trump, it's more likely he's a violent Democrat than a Trump supporter.

Funny how your "educated" guess didn't lead you to that conclusion.
edit on 8-8-2019 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I disagree on your take about making fun of someone with a mental illness.

We have no idea the nature of his illness.

Even if it is severe, that doesnt mean we should not be allowed to call out this heinous act, nor does it mean he shouldnt be held accountable for it.

More example, many mass murders like jared loughner had severe mental illness; does that mean its making fun of him to call him a piece of trash that should be executed?

I dont think so.

Now perhaps we shouldnt make fun of the illness specifically, which I am not doing but maybe other I havent seen have.

But its fair game to call him out considering the violent nature of his crime, and to avoid that takes away agency from peopke with mental disabiities

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You're a smart guy. Put it together. It's not tough.

It's too contradictory for me to figure out.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Make the twat eat an entire US flag is my thinking on the matter.

Or shove one down his throat.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed.

I hope they throw the book at this miserable excuse for a human being.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

You called the kid a brat, why say that unless you believe he deserved it?

Own it.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I hope they throw the book at this miserable excuse for a human being.

Hopefully it's War and Peace and it hits him in the head.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is why we need Red Flag Laws and name tags 😃

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No I have no problem making fun of him, I have a problem when folks are using someone who is insane for political points.

hell I would make fun of him as well if I thought he actually kne what he was doing.

I would not have smacked the kid, I'm a Marine, I would have asked he remove his hat though.

not out of respect for the flag, or country, but out of respect for those that have died for the the freedoms we have to dis agree.

I would engage in dialog, the one thing that is lacking in the USA today, we are yelling passed each other.

( yes, I am still going to vote for President Trump)

I am proud to do so.

I am unafraid of the misnomers of the left.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Trump made me do it
That is his defense

news.vice.com...

Oh, that's gold.

I was just taking a stab in the dark (or educated guess) about him being a hardline Trump supporter. Then it turns out he's actually using it as a defence... lol.

Chances are, if he really is blaming Trump, it's more likely he's a violent Democrat than a Trump supporter.

Funny how your "educated" guess didn't lead you to that conclusion.

Well, I wouldn't define it as "funny" that I didn't come to that conclusion, when you consider his lawyers statement. I'd actually be more inclined to define it as logical.

You know... on account of it making absolutely no sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It touches on the fine points doesn't it.....etiquette, that is, sure it is etiquette but, why or when was Donald Trump himself an expert on Etiquette, he's made more faux pas in his fractious presidency than probably most of all American presidents put together..ever.
Now we have a dickhead who said his president told him to do what he did it, which actually could have a sense of truth in it when Trump has encouraged violence against the person in the past..against the principle of free speech in fact, and dicky people have acted on that...and notably, not by Trump himself.

No doubt, Trump will distance himself from this latest episode, even though he encouraged violence in his presidential hustings.
In any case, I do hope that this attacker's background is thoroughly explored...and not just his crime record, but his whole history, to make sure that justice will be done.

edit on 8-8-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You don't hit a random kid for not taking a hat off.

I would even take it further and say you shouldn't bother anyone who has a hat on and try to make them take it off. People who do that has gone off the deep end.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join