It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Montana Man Fractured a Kid’s Skull for “Disrespecting” the National Anthem

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
looks like they both learned a lesson,.one learned you cant accost people without repercussions

And the other learned you should watch who you mouth off to

WIN WIN

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
looks like they both learned a lesson,.one learned you cant accost people without repercussions

And the other learned you should watch who you mouth off to

WIN WIN

I agree except that it looks like this guy has a history of violent outbursts. It's likely due to his brain trauma. It's sad really, but it's likely he's impaired in such a way that he'll not be able to learn from it because he's not fully in control.

The only reason the lefties are all in a lather about it are that he seems to have absorbed a more conservative mindset instead of a leftist one. But they're conveniently overlooking that this guy looks like he'd pop off over anything in his head because he doesn't seem to have full control.

If he was a full on Geek, he'd go off violently over points of nerd rage ... maybe beating up Star Wars fans if he was a Trekkie or something.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hes going to be popular in Prison....all odds say he goes in a tight-end and comes out a wide-receiver.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Despite what some claim a person can stand, kneel, sit, fart or go to the concession stand during the National Anthem.

It is called freedom and those who think otherwise are the ones who do not believe in freedom.

Agree 100%, just like despite what many seem to feel (and act out on), a person can wear whatever type of hat, clothing, or hold up any sign they want in public. As like you say it is called freedom and those who think otherwise are the ones who do not believe in freedom.

Unfortunately... there are FAR too many (who are predominantly on the extreme left of the political spectrum) that evidently don't believe in freedom, as is continuously made apparent by the countless videos/reports of assaults on people who wear the "wrong" hat or support the "wrong" political ideology, or voice their "wrong" opinion. Interestingly enough, these stories barely get a mention on the majority of MSM news networks (not unless they can try and twist the story in their favour).

Apparently freedom isn't such a valuable concept to many on the left.
edit on 9/8/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I honestly think he should be locked up, but if he really doesn't have full control of his emotional outbursts, he's the sort of person the old asylum system was made for. He really should be kept in a facility similar to where they keep Alzhiemer's patients prone to violence.

Many of us get irritated when we see people doing what we consider disrespectful, but the difference between us and this guy, if I am understanding things correctly, is that we have the functional part of our brains that let us keep control.
edit on 9-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: one4all

I honestly think he should be locked up, but if he really doesn't have full control of his emotional outbursts, he's the sort of person the old asylum system was made for. He really should be kept in a facility similar to where they keep Alzhiemer's patients prone to violence.

Agreed 100%.....to him being locked up...no recompense for his illness other than once his criminal sentence is over he will be taken to a nuthouse where he will remain indefinitely until he shows he has control over his body and mind.

No Women no Children....full stop.

If you cannot control your bowels you wear a diaper adult or not and if you cannot control your emotions then you need to be taking medications or simply be removed from the room.
edit on 9-8-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OK, let's take the politics out of this...

I don't give a damn in hell what political party he is a member of.

I don't give a damn in hell who he supports or why.

I don't give a damn in hell if he's left, right, center, sideways, diagonal, or a 73:27 ratio of Libertarian and Communist.

You don't bodyslam a 13 year old kid.

The National Anthem and the customs that go with it are based in respect. If one respects the United States, they will abide by the customs. When some wanna-be, never-was quarterback decides it'll be fun and cool to kneel during the National Anthem, that's a lack of respect he is showing for the very thing that allows him to show that lack of respect. That makes me not respect him, and whatever he wanted to accomplish by acting like an idiot on steroids is lost on me after that. When I see someone not removing their hat, or not placing their hand over their heart (or saluting as appropriate), that is a sign of disrespect from them and causes me to lose respect for them.

It does not... I repeat, NOT... give me the right to attack them. There's a very good reason why: I don't know why they didn't follow the custom. Maybe they are a cancer victim and wear a hat to cover up the evidence of that. Maybe they were thinking about something else and forgot. Maybe they are trying to protect others by keeping their head lice contained. Maybe they forgot to wash their head this month and don't want the oil to drip out and cause a slip and fall hazard. Maybe they stapled their hat on their head out of some sense of insanity before they left the house. Whatever the reason, it is not my place to demand anything of them with the threat of violence. P. E. R. I. O. D!

This dude needs to not be a part of society. He is a danger to himself and others. I respect his service, and I feel compassion for his injury, but that does not excuse his actions. If he cannot comprehend the wrong in what he did, fine, put him in a nice, clean mental home where he can be watched 24/7. If he can, throw his sorry POS butt under a jail somewhere and fill in the hole. Whichever applies, he cannot be allowed to roam free in society (and shouldn't have been allowed before from what I am hearing).

I'm posting in a 15-page thread, which, no, I have not read all of. On the very first page, in the OP, there were insinuations that this was all caused by the evils of President Donald Trump. Bull-shenanigans! This was the act of a deranged person. There is only one reason to even try to tie this back to the President: political ideological revenge. "Look how violent his supporters are; we should get to be that violent as well!" Nope, don't work that way. Someone commits violence against you, you get to protect yourself as much as possible and call the law. You do not get to extract revenge. Your politics be damned.

For quite some time I have been hearing how ATS has turned into a "right-wing" forum (which is untrue). I have until now figured that ATS is simply a cross section of the world and the country, meaning if it looks right-wing, that just means the world/country is moving right. Maybe, I was wrong though. Maybe, just maybe ATS has stayed true to its roots of free speech and non-partisanship, specializing in the conspiracy theories. Maybe it's the rest of the world that has changed, adopting such wild and crazy conspiracy theories that it simply makes ATS look tame by comparison.

Make no mistake; the very thought that a President can somehow induce a madman in Montana to bodyslam a 13-year-old kid and crack his skull, is beyond ludicrous! It makes the flat-earthers look sane and reasonable by comparison. If any leader had that much power, the actions taken by him since the 2016 election would have the result of literally lowering the population immeasurably from all the state executions! the very fact that you can openly post this mouth-drooling, mind-numbing nonsense without being killed for doing so disproves your theory.

Here's the truth: you who fit the above description are no better than this POS in the news story. You have stooped to his level and doubled down. You are the problem, and if anyone bears responsibility for future violence, you do. Live with that, because you can't change it.

[/rant]

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
OK, let's take the politics out of this...

I don't give a damn in hell what political party he is a member of.

I don't give a damn in hell who he supports or why.

I don't give a damn in hell if he's left, right, center, sideways, diagonal, or a 73:27 ratio of Libertarian and Communist.

You don't bodyslam a 13 year old kid.

The National Anthem and the customs that go with it are based in respect. If one respects the United States, they will abide by the customs. When some wanna-be, never-was quarterback decides it'll be fun and cool to kneel during the National Anthem, that's a lack of respect he is showing for the very thing that allows him to show that lack of respect. That makes me not respect him, and whatever he wanted to accomplish by acting like an idiot on steroids is lost on me after that. When I see someone not removing their hat, or not placing their hand over their heart (or saluting as appropriate), that is a sign of disrespect from them and causes me to lose respect for them.

It does not... I repeat, NOT... give me the right to attack them. There's a very good reason why: I don't know why they didn't follow the custom. Maybe they are a cancer victim and wear a hat to cover up the evidence of that. Maybe they were thinking about something else and forgot. Maybe they are trying to protect others by keeping their head lice contained. Maybe they forgot to wash their head this month and don't want the oil to drip out and cause a slip and fall hazard. Maybe they stapled their hat on their head out of some sense of insanity before they left the house. Whatever the reason, it is not my place to demand anything of them with the threat of violence. P. E. R. I. O. D!

This dude needs to not be a part of society. He is a danger to himself and others. I respect his service, and I feel compassion for his injury, but that does not excuse his actions. If he cannot comprehend the wrong in what he did, fine, put him in a nice, clean mental home where he can be watched 24/7. If he can, throw his sorry POS butt under a jail somewhere and fill in the hole. Whichever applies, he cannot be allowed to roam free in society (and shouldn't have been allowed before from what I am hearing).

I'm posting in a 15-page thread, which, no, I have not read all of. On the very first page, in the OP, there were insinuations that this was all caused by the evils of President Donald Trump. Bull-shenanigans! This was the act of a deranged person. There is only one reason to even try to tie this back to the President: political ideological revenge. "Look how violent his supporters are; we should get to be that violent as well!" Nope, don't work that way. Someone commits violence against you, you get to protect yourself as much as possible and call the law. You do not get to extract revenge. Your politics be damned.

For quite some time I have been hearing how ATS has turned into a "right-wing" forum (which is untrue). I have until now figured that ATS is simply a cross section of the world and the country, meaning if it looks right-wing, that just means the world/country is moving right. Maybe, I was wrong though. Maybe, just maybe ATS has stayed true to its roots of free speech and non-partisanship, specializing in the conspiracy theories. Maybe it's the rest of the world that has changed, adopting such wild and crazy conspiracy theories that it simply makes ATS look tame by comparison.

Make no mistake; the very thought that a President can somehow induce a madman in Montana to bodyslam a 13-year-old kid and crack his skull, is beyond ludicrous! It makes the flat-earthers look sane and reasonable by comparison. If any leader had that much power, the actions taken by him since the 2016 election would have the result of literally lowering the population immeasurably from all the state executions! the very fact that you can openly post this mouth-drooling, mind-numbing nonsense without being killed for doing so disproves your theory.

Here's the truth: you who fit the above description are no better than this POS in the news story. You have stooped to his level and doubled down. You are the problem, and if anyone bears responsibility for future violence, you do. Live with that, because you can't change it.

[/rant]

TheRedneck

I am on board. 110%.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Its gonna be interesting to see how the upcoming lawsuit (I'm assuming there will be one) pans out. If the criminal court buys the idea that this is an unstable mentally challenged person who was influenced by trump and the volatile political rhetoric so common today and he gets off with probation and mental health counseling then the parents might decide to go after those who are generating the political rhetoric in a civil suit along with him. And, if my memory is right, hes not the only one using this kind of defense. Even Alex Jones has tried to claim insanity due to the bombardment of the conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

There are plenty on both sides. The president can be included.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I heard the kid is recovering, someone should go in there and put a finishing move on the disrespectful little twit.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ya, why dont you make a neat meme expressing that idea and get it circulating through the internet and we can all watch and see just how much tax money is wasted providing protection for the kid.
According to the reports I read, the mom said that it was minutes after she dropped him off at the rodeo that she got the call that he was being transported to the hospital. And, witnesses seem to be saying the attack happened soon after he entered through the gate. Are you sure the kid was even given enough time to have it dawn on him that the anthem was being played before he was attacked?
And his previous assault charge was pointing a gun at a family in a car and threatening them. He didn't get any jail time that time and he was released, no bail needed this time.
This is coming from reports from local news, before the story was twisted to fit people's political aims.
If he has a mental problem, then he needs to be supervised better. If he is just a hateful jerk who gets into violence, then he needs to be in jail for awhile. But two events should clue people in that this person shouldn't be left to roam the streets unsupervised. Which, sadly to say, happens too often.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have you seen the pictures of that McDonalds coffee incident?

Its one of the most interesting Stories out there. We do expect coffee to be hot, of course, but legitimately scalding? IIRC, she needed skin grafts, and years of treatment...

Anyway, I wanted to note that most of the righties are openly condemning this act, while many of the "left" are.. making literally the same posts as they would in an "antifa assaulting people" thread.

Its very interesting.

Nobody should be attacked for wearing a hat.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I bet you're really fun at parties.

It's interesting to see the outrage and shock and horror here, yet the total indifference when it is a leftist doing the crime.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's interesting to see the outrage and shock and horror here, yet the total indifference when it is a leftist doing the crime.

what ever happened to those nice people in portland who caused brain injuries to that reporter guy?

they weren't crippled were they?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: DBCowboy

what ever happened to those nice people in portland who caused brain injuries to that reporter guy?

they weren't crippled were they?

Nothing. Nothing happened and no arrests. But then again, it was a journalist who was reporting on the illegalities of Antifa who suffered a brain hemorrhage.

I mean, if we're going to use the same argument that the left used, then the kid wouldn't have gotten hurt if he wasn't there. So it's the kids fault.

Sounds gross when using the lefts argument, doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Lock him up!

For a very long time, what a utter scum bag doing this to a child regardless of how you think he national anthem should be respected.

seems he is a cripple
you advocate locking up cripples?

I have a TBI in the same area and heterotopic grey matter - it's not a valid legal defence. He should be in neuro-rehab or neuropsychology. The brain is an increbible thing and creates new neural pathways, for the first month or two after TBI things like anger, social awareness and avoiding impulsive behaviour, but fully reversable with neuro support and brain retraining.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are the disrespectful one. His actions were protected under the u.s. constitution. The fact that you can't respect that makes you dare I say un-american.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Anyway, I guarantee he was a typical angry conservative Trump supporter... I'd say he was probably even wearing his MAGA hat when he assaulted this child, but I guess he would've already taken it off for the National anthem.

Shouldn't Dems be saying 'A person did something'?

Anyway, sincere best wishes for the boy's recovery.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Ya, why dont you make a neat meme expressing that idea and get it circulating through the internet..,

That's the worst best idea I've ever heard.

Knowing the bozos on certain sites it'd probably work and I'd be screwed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join