It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2019 Mass Shooter Statistics Indicate more than half of shooters as Black..that can't be right?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

you're all trying so hard to equate circumstantial numbers and with a blatant statistic so far removed from inner city crime.

You're attempting poorly to say gang related murders are on par with kids in school getting killed.

The difference is you shouldn't have to worry about children getting shot up at school, but I can't say the same for a drug dealer at 2 am in South side.

And absolutely NOT, I'M NOT, Saying there aren't innocent bystanders in inner city crimes; you're just slyly categorizing all gun crime data to one Stat and using the front of saying some nonsense about durag colors and gang hierarchy... Yes there are some people who get caught in the crossfire, but the difference is there is a Dispute or some money dealings involved or some turf or drugs the MAJORITY of the time between parties involved in said gun crimes

Don't now try to say the people in inner city gun violence are just innocent people who happen to be wearing a wrong color... Just to validate a silly point.

You can't compare gun violence motivated by felonies to gun violence terrorizing every day citizens. No matter how much you twist and cleverly disguise it, the fact is there is a difference.
edit on 8-8-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yeah, black people are quite aware of this reality. Media is not fooling anyone. If they were, Trump would get zero black voters. He got more than Romney and McCain. He will get more this run.

Correct

MILLIONS of blacks, Latinos, immigrants of all nationalities, American Indians, asians, arabs, women, gays, transvestites, tall people, short people and even SOME straight white males support the President.

They must ALL be racist bigots according to the racist bigoted morons we hear on ATS

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: odzeandennz
I think this is a terrible take.

How many of the shootings victims in the cties do you think were involved in activities that "required" them to be shot?

Even if I am being charitable and say 90%, the remaining 10% would still outnumber the vitcims of these other mass shootings.

And certainly there are many victims of shootings that are totally innocent; bystanders, children, girlfriends or family, etc.

Pretending everyone that dies in inner city murders had it coming is horrible

I'm not pretending that at all... And you know this.

The shooters involved in gun crimes in inner cities mass shootings shooters, all have a glaring continuity difference, and it's not skin color... Priors more likely.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What everyone seems to disregard, is the boogie in the cupboard, that noone wants to talk about.

Basically, all this senseless gun violence is a Cultural thing for you USAians.

Every Movie, TV show, etc, etc since....well forever, when the crazy religious Puritan British folk killed 800 native Indians in the "Name of God" and then had a big party WTF???......all with "Guns".

European descent peoples have killed Injuns, Africans, Aliens, Gangsters, bad guys, good guys, families etc etc....in Movies from back in the 1910s....thanks to Hollywood, and the gun culture of the USA.

Its All you people know, or have been drummed into you....

Blacks over there, on the other hand, have been "Step and Fetch its" , Mamees, wobbly leg dancers, Watermelon eaters, and trumpet players with balloon cheeks.

I think the first time I ever saw a Black Fella in a US culture film with a gun.....was Blazing Saddles in the mid 70s..

It is ingrained into you people.....Guns = Good.

Dispute Settlers = Guns, Freedom = Guns, Fun = Guns, Safety = Guns......

Amazingly, we have had the same types of movies and TV shows as you guys over the past 100 years or so....if Fact the first Movie EVER made, was an Australian movie about Ned Kelly (1906)...Yeah White Fellas killing White Fellas!! ironically.....though, they were Irish so thats ok.....

Though our local culture has never had the gun violence theme that you mob had/have. We use knives/cars/boomerangs/drop bears etc...instead.

Even Maxwell Smart....a comedy show!!, use to go around killing everybody....only bad white fellas tho of course...well German bad white fellas, so that ok.....isnt it??.......Don't tell me hes got a gun 99!!

As you all love to emulate your culture heros....why not have a Black Day Purge....
Any blacks can kill as many blacks as they want for one day.....get it out their system.
But no killing Whites, Asians, Indians etc of course!!

Would that work over there?

edit on 8-8-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have to interject here and say that I think it is ridiculous to make a moral distinction between mass shootings based on motives. The motive behind a mass shooting is only important if you want to determine a cause, not to make a moral distinction between what kind of mass shootings are more acceptable or justifiable than others. A mass shooting, no matter why it occurred or who the victims were, is a horrible crime of the highest degree and unacceptable from any perspective.

In a mass shooting event, multiple people die and many are seriously injured. There is no distinction between the murder of a gang banger or an innocent by stander, the shooter is a mass murderer. Regardless of the fact that the motive was gang related or because some psycho heard a voice from a Black Sabbath album played backwards, it is the same degree of a crime that was committed by a mass murderer. This issue is that damn simple, a mass murderer commits mass murder, period, end of story.
edit on 8-8-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yeah, black people are quite aware of this reality. Media is not fooling anyone. If they were, Trump would get zero black voters. He got more than Romney and McCain. He will get more this run.

This is the correct answer. Black people are responsible for 50% of shooting deaths in our country and Hispanics are responsible for 32% which leaves 18% for white shooters.

Meanwhile white people make up 68% of the american population. You can play with the numbers all you want but white men are not why the murder rate is up as Beto is screaming on MSNBC the last few days.

My idea is get rid of crack

Prolly stupid.....

Lolz🤪
edit on 8-8-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The number of people doing these mass shootings, no matter what their color, is rising. If these people did not have access to guns, they would probably use some other method. The fact that more and more people are doing this in our society now is a problem. What the hell happened to our society? We have to look at why the increase over the last years, it is not Trump, it is related to confidence boosts of these individuals by their ability to reinforce their beliefs by communicating with others on the net that share their beliefs.

Maybe instead of the intelligence agencies monitoring these sites and actually participating in the hate chat to try to identify and bust the people in them, they should shut down these sites so they do not fire up these people more. They seem to be insuring their future employment by increasing need for their services instead of protecting Americans from these people. They could go out and scare the hell out of these young that are visiting these sites, also older people spreading hate should be brought down to earth. Some of the people spreading hate in these chat rooms actually just like firing up others, they wouldn't do it themselves. But they can get others to do it by building their confidence.

I thought our law enforcement agencies were supposed to deter criminals, not fire them up so they do something they can get arrested for. Just shut down these hate sites, hate sites on both the far left and far right sides.

Shut down the whites spreading hate and civil unrest, the blacks spreading hate and civil unrest, and kick out the congressmen and women that are spreading civil unrest and exploiting the race card.
edit on 8-8-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Where are you getting those percentages? When I go to the link there are no brackets by race breaking it down. It does have a bracket for Shooters, which can at times state the shooters race but damn a lot of those are listed as Unknown.

And the link you gave says there's been 297 mass shootings in 2019, not 72.
edit on 9-8-2019 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Yes really.
To me (and it's obvious) there is a big difference between gang related shootings and someone killing as many people as possible.

Gangsters know what they sign up for. They play that deadly game by choice. Victims of these massacres don't.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I know it's not. I say as much in the next sentence.
The fact is, the left is trying to say that white males are the most likely terrorists.
These black/white shooter stats are an attempt to thwart that narrative.
I'm just saying that a lot of the people included in these stats don't belong in the same catagory as a dylan roof, or the El Paso/Dayton shooters.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I agree.
My point is, the motives of the people in Chicago and Baltimore are far different than what we see in school shootings, Vegas, Aurora, ect.

It's fuzzy numbers to push a race narrative, instead of trying to prevent more tragedies.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I mean, 400 and 8000 is a big difference...
Do those stats factor in automatic pistols?
I'd be more interested in the ratio of murder from semi to full auto guns, to be honest.
Not at all what the point of my post is, though.
The point I'm trying to get across, is that this list/group of people do not belong in the same category.
The motivation is different and the victims are different.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I hear you, and I understand what your saying.
We can agree the left wants the gang violence out of the stats, and that the right wants them in.
Yes, in some cases gang initiation could involve a random killing. Usually not 4 or more though, so that wouldn't qualify anyway.

I don't mean to sound like I'm OK with drive by's, or any other type of violent crime. All I'm saying is that they are two separate problems.
By lumping them in to the same category, it makes it more difficult to build the profile of a would be mass murderer.
Again, all I'm trying to get across, and you can disagree if you want, is that a shootout over a dice game, or a drug corner that has a shootout, is different than somebody who drives to el paso and unleashes hell on innocent people.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

I know it's not. I say as much in the next sentence.
The fact is, the left is trying to say that white males are the most likely terrorists.
These black/white shooter stats are an attempt to thwart that narrative.
I'm just saying that a lot of the people included in these stats don't belong in the same catagory as a dylan roof, or the El Paso/Dayton shooters.

So then it is the definition of "terrorists" you have issue with?
I would submit inner city gangs are just as much terrorists as al quada or isis.
When it is so scary the cops wont go in alone, how do you think the residents feel?

I would submit by the stupid standard of "mass" shootings they do belong exactly in the same catagory as the others.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

As you all love to emulate your culture heros....why not have a Black Day Purge.... Any blacks can kill as many blacks as they want for one day.....get it out their system. But no killing Whites, Asians, Indians etc of course!!

wow
that is literally the craziest thing I have read here.
so crazy I am unsure if you are serious or sarcastic.

boo to you

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You can't compare gun violence motivated by felonies to gun violence terrorizing every day citizens.

tell that to the people that live in inner city areas
bet their opinion is different

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Not really,
I was just trying to point out the motive of both political sides of either having, or not having gang violence in the same category as a 'lone wolf' type mass shooter.
The term terrorism is thrown around a lot these days. While the incidents on both sides,gang related/random) do cause terror, I think for it to be 'actual' terrorism by definition, there has to be some type of political motive or desired political gain attached to it. That said, yeah, gang infested neighborhoods are terrible, and terrifying, but not full of 'terrorists' by definition. (semantics, I know)

If you want to have gang related shootings lumped in with the DC snipers or the kid that shot up sandy hook, that's fine.
I don't have to agree with it, it's your point of view. Mine is just different.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o
were it not "political" they wouldn't have differing "colors"
interesting you submit inner city people are "terrorized" but deny the "terrorists" which do such

it is comical to see how far people will twist definitions to fit their agenda

until we can have an honest discussion about gun violence nothing will change

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean by your first line.
Anyway,
That's why I ended that paragraph with "semantics, I know"
I'm speaking of the actual definition of terrorism, as in: "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims"
But for conversations sake, yes. They are terrorists. Be it a massacre style shooting, or gang violence.
I'm not twisting definitions, I was using the actual one.
I have no agenda, but to express my opinion on the issue at hand. I'm trying to have the honest discussion you talk about.
That's why I come here and post. I don't come here to push either sides agenda, or be part of an echo chamber. I come to write how I feel about issues and discuss it with others.

Instead of picking one word or sentence of what I write, how about address my overall point and try and have the honest discussion you're talking about.
These two different types of gun violence are just that. Different.
A shootout on a drug corner,or a drive by shooting is different than trying to kill everyone in a movie theater or a school.
The motives are different and the victims are different. Yes or no?
By lumping them in together, it's harder to analyze and therefore prevent both kinds.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The motives are different and the victims are different. Yes or no?

no
the motives are the same imo and the victims are innocent civillians again no different

what was the motive of the el paso shooter?
"to stop an invasion"?
no different than a gang member protecting his turf
both are terrorism

why is the long gun used by the el paso shooter demonized and the handgun used by the gang banger not acknowledged?
they both are used to murder innocent civillians

without including all the "mass" shootings the discussion is disingenuous and reveals agendas
just "doing something" to do something wont remedy this

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join